Elara Dorne Gifts - Courting?

Sylanaris

Hello guys,

I've been reading in several sites that the best gift for Elara is "Courting" items, but I gave those to her and she goes like "meh." Am I (actually "she") bugged or courting is not of her like.

TL;DR - What should I give to her? Thanks

Just as a quick note - There is no need to rush getting the rating with the companions.

If you're after Elana she will not really start with the good stuff till after you're done with The Gauntlet - I went from 6500 till 10K maxed while recruiting Vik and Yuun and there was no cut scenes till after The Gauntlet.

But then I did get 8 or so in a row. So the system is somewhat messed up atm if they designed it to go in stages that follows the major plot line.

If your character is a girl, then she dont like the courting gifts. So try to give her luxury gifts, that fits her better than anything else.

uh, she is miserable to earn affection as a female trooper

i got jorgan and yuun maxed, vik and m1-4x sitting at 7k and 6k respectively

but elara... she's at 3k

please do something to help us with her affection, this is miserable

but elara... she's at 3k

Keep her out a lot, and be nice in chats. She likes kind/concerned decsions, respectful decsions, and almost always likes light side choices.

How I handle her is when I return to my ship, I immediately go to her and stab her in the thigh with a fork, then I degrade her imperial heritage until she weeps and hides in the escape pod.

We have a...unique relationship.

Young military love, what can I say? <3

But yeah I did not know she doesnt accept courting right away either so, thats great info. Was getting so annoyed with her that she assumed C2-N2 status since her affection was going nowhere

• 1 month later...
I have kept Elara Out since I got her on Taris, except for Jorgan's Deadeye's mission. At level 30 I have her at just under 6500 and that's from simply giving her a few gifts and chatting in her 'favor'. I had been curious about courting with her, but I guess now I just have to wait until after the first chapter? I guess we will see.

Keep her out a lot, and be nice in chats. She likes kind/concerned decsions, respectful decsions, and almost always likes light side choices.

actuel in tatooine** i choose a darkside option and i get 164 + points whith her:P

quest whith czerka

actuel in tatooine** i choose a darkside option and i get 164 + points whith her:P

quest whith czerka

That's good to know. Happened on my JK with Kira, too. Don't understand why they're all goody goody and then like that, but hey, I'm not camplaining about that much free affection. It gets expensive buying love.

• 4 weeks later...

but elara... she's at 3k

To my female toon, she was the first to reach the maximum, as she accompanied me since the day I recruited her, to all the quests and conversations (I was leveling as dps), till the end of the storyline.

I'm leveling a male toon as a tank now, and I'd love to hit on her, thus this thread was really enlightening! Thank you all!! :)

• 5 years later...

I have Elara at influence lvl 18.. We are I think married or engaged to be not sure which.:D

The problem is that courting gifts do not work at all with her at this point. :(

Which kinda got my goat seeing as I acquired a multitude of those artifact quality Gree Mind Link devices (courting gifts)

So now I am saving those for some other characters companion romance option, when I was hoping to get Elara a few more influence levels.. :o

I have Elara at influence lvl 18.. We are I think married or engaged to be not sure which.:D

Um. Don't you know? How can you not know whether you are married or only engaged? What's *wrong* with you? ;)

The problem is that courting gifts do not work at all with her at this point. :(

Which kinda got my goat seeing as I acquired a multitude of those artifact quality Gree Mind Link devices (courting gifts)

So now I am saving those for some other characters companion romance option, when I was hoping to get Elara a few more influence levels.. :o

Did you look carefully at the dates on those posts? Those people were talking about the game FIVE YEARS AGO!

Ever since 4.0 came out (over two years ago) and Affection changed to Influence; the "lift" to Courting gifts when you are in a romance doesn't work. Some companions gain influence from them anyway, *at least* this list and some others that I don't remember who they are. I think each class has at least one who can use them, but no companion "Loves" them any more.

* Vette

* Malavai Quinn

* Doc

* Kira

* M1-4X (1)

(1) I don't really know what an advanced-technology battle droid does with Courting gifts. Given his story, I'm guessing he distributes them to the troops or lists them as prizes in some sort of lottery or something, so as to raise troop morale.