Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Customization suggestions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Character Customization suggestions

Gorra-Syn
10.05.2019 , 09:55 AM | #21
We need a body type between styles 2 and 3. I gave my assassin body type 3 because he's tall, but wish he wasn't so "buff". I would love to have the mass of body 2, but as tall as body 3.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE "since 77" CLUB

Darth_Vainous
10.05.2019 , 01:10 PM | #22
- I'd like for them to separate height and size scales. Make it so I can choose at least 5 different heights and 5 different sizes. 4 premade takes away from players feeling more unique and I find I use the two middle options and don't even bother with the outside two. Though the heavier female option I would use more for females if it didn't look like someone squished it.

- I'd like to have more then 3 - 4 different heads. I don't think we need each head to have 3- 5 different shades to them. Give us more unique heads and leave the different shades to complexion. I say give each race 5-10 different heads.

- Different voice choices. The voice should either go with the race so if I make a Sith trooper he should get the Sith voice or the Trooper should have 3 - 5 different voice options. Gets old having a ****** toon with a whimpy voice or a tiny, sneaky type toon with a heroic voice.

- Tattoos. Works just like scars but call it facial decoration or something and include the scars.

I could've added a crap ton of customizations but I'm trying to think small here. Baby steps that don't take too many resources to do, like a complete customization overhaul would, but would breath new life into the game, at least for me.

SteveTheCynic
10.06.2019 , 02:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vainous View Post
- Different voice choices. The voice should either go with the race so if I make a Sith trooper he should get the Sith voice or the Trooper should have 3 - 5 different voice options. Gets old having a ****** toon with a whimpy voice or a tiny, sneaky type toon with a heroic voice.
This is totally infeasible for SWTOR because of the amount of recorded player-character voice material. Well, unless you mean combat grunts only. All player-character lines are already recorded a minimum of three times (class companion romance lines), more often at least six (class-story lines) or even 24 (faction-story lines) or 48 (class-and-sex-independent lines). If you add a second voice option for each class, you would count on doubling all of them, and consequently doubling the VA cost of new player lines *and* the player-audio part of the downloads.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Monumenta
10.06.2019 , 10:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
This is totally infeasible for SWTOR because of the amount of recorded player-character voice material. Well, unless you mean combat grunts only. All player-character lines are already recorded a minimum of three times (class companion romance lines), more often at least six (class-story lines) or even 24 (faction-story lines) or 48 (class-and-sex-independent lines). If you add a second voice option for each class, you would count on doubling all of them, and consequently doubling the VA cost of new player lines *and* the player-audio part of the downloads.
What about effects on the voices, isnt this what they use when peeps have their helmets on? Im sure our brilliant devs could come up with a variety of worthy voice effect inclusions if they chose to add a feature like this.

It's very sad how you people are always on and on about what cannot be done, never using your thoughts to explore what could be.

Hawkebatt
10.18.2019 , 02:31 PM | #25
Want to bring this back to the front as they need to add all customizations to all the characters classes and species types. If I want a blue eye Chiss then I want a blue eyes Chiss. If I want tattoos on my jedi or a certain hair style fro a male for my female or female hair to male or even makeup on a male more than the very few I have seen. Goth makeup is unisex. Tattoos should be not limited to jugs or mandos

More eyes more makeup more scars, more complexions, more skin tones, face types and so easy since they are already in the game just restricted.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

olusiek
10.21.2019 , 03:04 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
Want to bring this back to the front as they need to add all customizations to all the characters classes and species types. If I want a blue eye Chiss then I want a blue eyes Chiss. If I want tattoos on my jedi or a certain hair style fro a male for my female or female hair to male or even makeup on a male more than the very few I have seen. Goth makeup is unisex. Tattoos should be not limited to jugs or mandos

More eyes more makeup more scars, more complexions, more skin tones, face types and so easy since they are already in the game just restricted.
Yes, to all of this

YodaUnrea
10.21.2019 , 08:43 AM | #27
add a 2 and half body type to the sliders
Refered Link for Free Stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/SxdhVj