Raids are falling short.

Is it just me or is anyone else disapointed by the raids in this game. Just cleared hard Mode Denova this past week, and I have to say.... 4 bosses... really???

What is bioware thinking? Where is the epic 10 boss raid that really makes you feel like you have achieved an accomplishment. E.V.m K.P, and E.C., don't feel like real raids to me, they feel like flashpoints for larger groups. I want an awesome raid where maybe you start on a planet, fight a few bosses there, then get ported up to a space station, fight a few bosses there (maybe choose the order of bosses you want to encounter), then have a final few fights on like a start destroyer or something like that. So when you look back after downing the last boss, you feel like "damn we came a LONG way"

Bioware's current operations are pathetic. I really expected more. What do you guys think? Are they everything you hoped they would be? Or did BW completely miss the mark.

Asking "are they everything you hoped they would be" is a loaded question. This is still sort of the beginning right? Try not to be too critical of their raid content yet. Last tier did have the amount of bosses you want but split over two instances. For them getting right out of the gate I don't mind the content so far. Also, NMM hasn't been released yet so lets see if that difficulty gives players a new challenge.

Asking "are they everything you hoped they would be" is a loaded question. This is still sort of the beginning right? Try not to be too critical of their raid content yet. Last tier did have the amount of bosses you want but split over two instances. For them getting right out of the gate I don't mind the content so far. Also, NMM hasn't been released yet so lets see if that difficulty gives players a new challenge.

Fair enough. Yeah I didn't really mind the Rakata tier that much because there were 10 bosses, and it was the first content ever released by Bioware in the end game mmo environment. I was just very let down by Tier 2 raiding. 1 4 boss instance, and 1 world boss..... really? I guess I just expected so much more when I heard "EXPLOSIVE CONFLICT"

What's wrong with 4 bosses in an Operation?

I like being able to clear the Op in one night, and in under 2 hours if all goes well.

I have loved every Op so far.

My only complaint, and it's a small one, is Trash. Some of the Trash mobs are their just for the sake of having trash mobs.

1. The lava room packs in EV.

2. The extremely number of pulls in the trenches of EC that are exactly the same.

These are challenging the first time through, and just become a horrible monotonous time sink each time after that.

Now, the trash between Sorn/Jark and Foreman? That was trash done right. They had varying abilities and special mechanics--plus there was a reason for us to be killing most of the trash (to us the turrent panels) other than to simply advance forward.

Epic 10 boss raids no longer exist in many MMOs, mainly because the time investment that it takes makes it inaccessible to more casual gamers.

That said, did you not notice the cliffhanger from the end of EC? There will be another Operation tied to tier 2 content, just like how there are two Operations for tier 1.

Edited by hulkweazel

I like the 4 boss operations. There is no need to make super long operations that take 4+ hours to complete even if you know what to do.

Yeah I hear you guys. My only thinking is this. I just like that epic feeling of it taking the week to clear the Operation. Maybe 2 nights. Otherwise my guild goes in, clears it on Tuesday, then see ya later, catch you guys next Tuesday, and the guild is a ghost town unless we plan some special event.

I would rather have a tier of raiding with more bosses, so that I can play with my guildies more than 1 night a week, and also I would like the one giant operation because it makes me feel like I've accomplished something special when I clear it.

Just my two cents though.

Yeah I hear you guys. My only thinking is this. I just like that epic feeling of it taking the week to clear the Operation.

I like that epic feeling of getting a raid done early enough that I can have "happy time" with my wife before she falls asleep in bed. : P

I agree, 10 bosses in one place is awesome. However as other said i's got its drawbacks.

Personally if we get 4-5 bosses per raid, but each raid coming more frequently, that'd be fantastic.

Problem is, if the next raid is Campaign loot too, apart from the story, which no doubt would be fun - what would be the point? Since EC hm drops every piece atm. KP/EV were cool, half the pieces from 1 place, half from the other.

So the only downfall I'm seeing with having a 4boss raid giving out all the loot, is that they will need a new tier of loot for every raid. Or they need to split the loot between the two properly, like EV and KP.

I guess only time will tell.

I agree raids should have at minimum 7 bosses per patch. However i guess what it boils down to is how quick the next raid will be released becasue they must know 4 bosses will not last us 4 months. So i'm not complaining yet. Plus i think they did a *********** awesome job with this raid. I love it. The bosses are tuned perfectly. Threy all have a nice learning curve, Great mechanics, and are just overall really fun.

I had alot of concerns after hitting 50 and doin kp and ev plus the flashpoints. Not saying i did'nt enjoy them but alot of the fights were insanely undertuned and lacked any mehcaincs whatsoever. Plus gear was WAY WAY to easy to achieve. Bio really redeemed themselves with LI and EC imo. I really like how the new tier sets can only be obtained through the hm ops.

I like the 4 boss operations. There is no need to make super long operations that take 4+ hours to complete even if you know what to do.

Ya but its a raid not a flashpoint .... Many guilds dont aim to complete it in one night. thats why most guilds raid 2 -3 nights a week for a couple hours. I personally wont pay a monthly fee for a game that i can clear all current content in a few hours one night a week.

I personally look forward to raid nights its not a chore to me like some people are making it sound.

I agree, 10 bosses in one place is awesome. However as other said i's got its drawbacks.

Personally if we get 4-5 bosses per raid, but each raid coming more frequently, that'd be fantastic.

Problem is, if the next raid is Campaign loot too, apart from the story, which no doubt would be fun - what would be the point? Since EC hm drops every piece atm. KP/EV were cool, half the pieces from 1 place, half from the other.

So the only downfall I'm seeing with having a 4boss raid giving out all the loot, is that they will need a new tier of loot for every raid. Or they need to split the loot between the two properly, like EV and KP.

I guess only time will tell.

Are you saying a new raid zone will also have campaign? Or that NiM EC will? Unless they've changed what they originally said,NiM EC should have 150 gear.

Is it just me or is anyone else disapointed by the raids in this game. Just cleared hard Mode Denova this past week, and I have to say.... 4 bosses... really???

What is bioware thinking? Where is the epic 10 boss raid that really makes you feel like you have achieved an accomplishment. E.V.m K.P, and E.C., don't feel like real raids to me, they feel like flashpoints for larger groups. I want an awesome raid where maybe you start on a planet, fight a few bosses there, then get ported up to a space station, fight a few bosses there (maybe choose the order of bosses you want to encounter), then have a final few fights on like a start destroyer or something like that. So when you look back after downing the last boss, you feel like "damn we came a LONG way"

Bioware's current operations are pathetic. I really expected more. What do you guys think? Are they everything you hoped they would be? Or did BW completely miss the mark.

Based on most feedback on here, and my personal experience in both SM and HM EC, you seem to be in the vast minority. EC is definitely a step in the right direction by BW. The fights are properly tuned, bug free (for the most part) and fun.

Like I said, "right out of the gate" they put a ton of resources into the leveling experience and rightfully so. Now that they have the chance to put more focus on end game stuff I will be patient and see if they make the raids a bit more enthralling. I have a feeling NMM will kick our butts the first few weeks its out so that will keep (most) raids in there for more than a few hours a night.

Quality over quantity, imo.

I raided in Everquest 2 for years, and they had a practically endless supply of raid content, but 75%+ of the fights felt basically the same. This game has been a breath of fresh air in comparison.

Have 4-5 bosses for Story Mode. Have 2-3 more bosses for HM. This way casuals can enjoy casual raiding and hardcore raiders can enjoy hardcore raiding.

Perfect example: in Rift the Expert Difficulty Dungeons sometimes added add'l bosses. Same can be done for HM Raiding in SWTOR.

Everyone is happy then. Also, since these add'l bosses aren't along the linear line you have to move, their optional bosses, but they should drop add'l tokens/items so the people who want to raid more get add'l bonuses for doing so.