Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Who's my toon?! ..On what server? I have 6 50's across 2 servers. Not sure what the point of that question was.

Hint: One of them is called Ignicity.

And for those that want to stay on the US server that they've re-rolled to? They just get shafted?

It's not about shafting anyone it's about preserving a community. If you want to stay on your US PVP server you can, but you shouldn't be given a FREE option to move what characters you left behind off APAC servers. If you really want to leave, they should just give you the option to pay for it. OR give you free transfer BACK to the APAC server.Either way, they shouldn't just give everyone the choice to go anywhere.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about shafting anyone it's about preserving a community. If you want to stay on your US PVP server you can, but you shouldn't be given a FREE option to move what characters you left behind off APAC servers. If you really want to leave, they should just give you the option to pay for it. OR give you free transfer BACK to the APAC server.Either way, they shouldn't just give everyone the choice to go anywhere.

lolz - So I should be forced to move back to a PvE centric merged Oceanic super server, because you don't think I or others like me, deserve to be able to consolidate all of our characters on our new home: a US server?

People like you make me want to change my mind about supporting a server merge.

How about we just close all the APAC servers and delete all the toons on there. /sarcasm

Edited by Ignicity

lolz - So I should be forced to move back to a PvE centric merged Oceanic super server, because you don't think I or others like me, deserve to be able to consolidate all of our characters on our new home: a US server?

People like you make me want to change my mind about supporting a server merge.

How about we just close all the APAC servers and delete all the toons on there. /sarcasm

you are just bitter because your experience hasn't been "as advertised". I am on MDN, and I support having a merge to a single APAC super server and because my opinion would be to stop people leaving for US servers without having to pay for it doesn't garner your approval doesn't mean I need it.

Tell me, what do you actually do differently on a PVP server that you can't do on a PVE server? OPVP? what OPVP? gank lowbies? well you are in the 12-16 bracket if that's your argument. If you want PVP World Events, everyone can just flag on and go for it. So calling it a "PVE Centric" server is ridiculous. It is just a consolidated server to boost the population.

you are just bitter because your experience hasn't been "as advertised". I am on MDN, and I support having a merge to a single APAC super server and because my opinion would be to stop people leaving for US servers without having to pay for it doesn't garner your approval doesn't mean I need it.

Tell me, what do you actually do differently on a PVP server that you can't do on a PVE server? OPVP? what OPVP? gank lowbies? well you are in the 12-16 bracket if that's your argument. If you want PVP World Events, everyone can just flag on and go for it. So calling it a "PVE Centric" server is ridiculous. It is just a consolidated server to boost the population.

Believe me, I have in no way been deluded into thinking that you seek my approval.

On-topic:

People that play on PvE servers aren't renowned for queuing for WZ's. Sure, some may - but I would wager that most don't.

So there's your answer right there. If there's not enough pvp'ers on Master Dar'Narla at the moment, what makes you think that there is going to be enough pvp'ers on the new Super Sized PvE Oceanic server?

Edited by Ignicity

Judging by the posts I have seen here I think having an APAC super server is still the best option. You can always transfer off when optional paid transfers open up. Either that or transfer your new US rerolls to the APAC super server.

Judging by the posts I have seen here I think having an APAC super server is still the best option. You can always transfer off when optional paid transfers open up. Either that or transfer your new US rerolls to the APAC super server.

yeah i agree. also id like to add transfers for APAC players to our new super server from US servers.

Merge all APAC servers into one PvE server then off free transfers for those who aren't happy with the new server type. This should satisfy the majority, though I think it would be best to wait until the merge has occurred before offering said transfers so people have a chance (even if only for an hour) to witness a prosperous APAC server. Edited by MrRuck

I want to keep the lower ping.

1st choice: Merge all 3 - with options for free transfers in or out of the APAC servers. In for those that may want to come back because of a greater population.

2nd choice: Keep the 3 servers and introduce cross server queues so players can keep their preferred server style but still enjoy WZ's, FP's and OP's. Need to open up all Operation difficulties in the GF.

3rd choice: transfer to US servers - free transfers out to 3 designated servers based on server type.

Cheers

Believe me, I have in no way been deluded into thinking that you seek my approval.

On-topic:

People that play on PvE servers aren't renowned for queuing for WZ's. Sure, some may - but I would wager that most don't.

So there's your answer right there. If there's not enough pvp'ers on Master Dar'Narla at the moment, what makes you think that there is going to be enough pvp'ers on the new Super Sized PvE Oceanic server?

I would wager more than 50% of the population chose the PVE server solely for the reasons of not getting ganked by 50's when levelling.

This is one thing I have noticed with RP players posting in these threads so far. They are very set in their ways and don't like anything that doesn't conform to their RP community.

There comes a point where the livelihood of a game outweighs the necessity of strict RP rules within 1 sub-community of the game. For example If merging into a PvE server meant I couldn't go and gank lvl 30s on my lvl 50 so be it. I really don't mind all that much losing a small part of the game for a much larger population and/or quality of game play improvement, and I expect others to feel the same. If they don't they are being extremely self-centered and selfish.

Well that post was a joke to start with

As for the rest, well ultimately it's really mostly about wanting to play with mature people who have manners rather than a bunch of pre-pubescent teenagers who think it's cool to name their characters after certain body parts and can't partake in group activities without upsetting everyone. This just tends to happen less on RP servers... although lately who could tell.

It's about enjoying the game and it's environment, sadly there are few things you can do to stop random morons running circles naked whilst you're trying to roleplay a romantic storyline except be choosey who you play with.

Pay up! Pre and post-50 WZ's pop quite regularly on Dalborra. There is quite a healthy PvP community there.

Merge to one for me.

And rated's ?

I understand that most players on Dalborra want more people to PvE with, but simply disregarding the wants and desires of PvPers and RPers is exactly what you guys are claiming your not; selfish.

That's why it is only fair for the ENTIRE Oceanic community, that we are allowed to choose where we want to play all of our characters.

For me, I want to move the four 50's I have off Master Dar'Narla and onto the US PVP server where I currently enjoy playing, belonging to a guild, and interacting with a PvP community.

Edited by Ignicity

And rated's ?

I understand that most players on Dalborra want more people to PvE with, but simply disregarding the wants and desires of PvPers and RPers is exactly what you guys are claiming your not; selfish.

That's why it is only fair for the ENTIRE Oceanic community, that we are allowed to choose where we want to play all of our characters.

For me, I want to move the four 50's I have off Master Dar'Narla and onto a US PVP server, where I currently enjoy playing, belonging to a guild, and interacting with a PvP community.

Well then you can wait I guess with the rest of the entire SWTOR for paid transfers then... Because if you get to choose where you get to go (the US and EUROPE players didn't remember) then expect a MASSIVE backlash from the rest of the SWTOR community. And there's a lot more of them than us.

Our argument was always about being treated equally with the US/EU not to get special treatment like you are calling for now.

Not saying your desire isn't a fair request eventually, but allowing us transfers anywhere we so wish will have 200,000 US/EU players asking EA/Bioware "***????". The forums would be absolute carnage. Let's make it easy for Bioware not hard.

Edited by MyPetMonkey

Well then you can wait I guess with the rest of the entire SWTOR for paid transfers then... Because if you get to choose where you get to go (the US and EUROPE players didn't remember) then expect a MASSIVE backlash from the rest of the SWTOR community.

Our argument was always about being treated equally with the US/EU not to get special treatment like you are calling for now.

Not saying your desire isn't a fair request eventually.

Was it fair and equal treatment when the great server merge happened for the US/EU and not for the APAC servers?

please.

*Edit*

Not saying your desire isn't a fair request eventually, but allowing us transfers anywhere we so wish will have 200,000 US/EU players asking EA/Bioware "***????". The forums would be absolute carnage. Let's make it easy for Bioware not hard.

They've had more than enough time to come up with an easy solution.

Edited by Ignicity

I dont think server X-fers to US servers is much of a solution just another drain on our already depleted oceanic servers plus who wants to play PVP or PVE with 1 trillion ping its poo. Like many others i agree that a server merge would be best keep our players here and bump the population up so the games worth playing again. Hey you never know they may even provide us customer service without having to call and actually respond to a ticket for once if we have a real game base lol (dreaming) Bring on the server merge i say cant wait till 2043 when it happens.....

On a final note why not actually advertise the game here and encourage more people to join and play SWTOR its amazing how many gamers actually have stuff all idea about it and what its about...

And rated's ?

For me, I want to move the four 50's I have off Master Dar'Narla and onto the US PVP server where I currently enjoy playing, belonging to a guild, and interacting with a PvP community.

They have mentioned server transfers are in the works so transfer off then. Why cause an argument on here when something finally might be happening.

... because we were "discriminated". Think of it as compensation.

whatever you think, you need to change your attitude. There was absolutely no discrimination on Bioware's part against anyone outside of US/EU. They are running a business not the ***.

They have mentioned server transfers are in the works so transfer off then. Why cause an argument on here when something finally might be happening.

How am I creating an argument when all I'm doing is voicing my own opinion.

Is my opinion suddenly not worth anything when compared to those that ONLY want a server merge? How is my opinion unwarranted or invalid?

Put it this way. I came to the Oceanic servers when they finally launched their lol global oceanic launch in good faith that it was where I was going to stay.

I waited a long time after the population dropped off on every server.

I still waited after watching the US/EU server merge, whilst the Oceanic servers suffered.

When we got nothing in the way of communication from EAware, I decided to take matters into my own hands as clearly EAware didn't care, so I re-rolled on a US PVP server. I am happy there.

So what.... they'll merge the servers and wont introduce paid server transfers for another 10 months.

So I can continue to get insulted by imperfect solutions, until then?

People were crying out for Paid Character Server transfers 12 months ago.. and were still a year away???

That's not a fix for me. We know they have the ability to implement manual character transfers.

MY OPINION, is that they use that ability here for those that require it. And the rest of you who think I should have to wait to play my other toon's can have your merge and watch as the oceanic pvp population peaks and falls in its first month. Mind you, most of the people ONLY asking for a merge are PvE'ers.

Edited by Ignicity

I'm a PVEer. I want a server merge but realise there is more than just PVE. No one should be ignored. Merge the servers into one super server and allow for a one time free transfer for anyone that would prefer to move to a US RP or PVP server.

Do that and then see what happens, see if the oceanic super server survives. The player base will ultimately decide whether it will work or not by where they log in. Further changes can then be made in the future. Taking this first step to try and resolve population issues doesn't need to be the last one.

I'm a PVEer. I want a server merge but realise there is more than just PVE. No one should be ignored. Merge the servers into one super server and allow for a one time free transfer for anyone that would prefer to move to a US RP or PVP server.

Do that and then see what happens, see if the oceanic super server survives. The player base will ultimately decide whether it will work or not by where they log in. Further changes can then be made in the future. Taking this first step to try and resolve population issues doesn't need to be the last one.

^^^ THIS

If they only implement a merge, please don't for one second think that PvPers and RPer's that have re-rolled on US servers are going to come flooding back to the Super APAC Server. I certainly won't (not that many of you would care).

Because BioWare actively ASKED for his opinion and he is rightly stating it. I don't feel like he is starting an argument with anyone - he is simply passionate about a topic that has largely been ignored up until now.

Sure you may not like his suggestion, however telling him to wait while you get exactly what you want is hypocracy to say the least.

Personally, I see all arguments as valid and while a merge would be exactly what the US/EU players got, I think their ignoring the issue for so long has given us some rights to expect a little more than what was offered them.

Merging servers AND oferring free transfers would be a great decision imo. People claiming their server is perfectly fine get what they want, people who want to merge with an oceanic server get what they want, and those of us who have made new homes get what we want.