What happened to the original Minister of Intelligence in the agent story?

LordxVindican

Is it ever revealed during the agent story what happened to the original Minister of Intelligence (not Keeper)?

I know he is vaguely referenced a few times throughout the chapter, Darth Jadus tells Keeper that the Minister “wept” in front of him (I’d call him a wuss, but honestly Jadus could probably make me cry too). Also another agent you meet on Kaas says that the Minister and Keeper always fighting with each other.

Considering how chapter one ends and the fact that Keeper replaces him, perhaps it’s safe to assume that he was executed or thrown in Shadow Town? I recently finished the agent story for the third time and always found it strange that the original Minister’s fate is never brought up.

You're right: there's no further mention of the original Minister. There's a separate philosophical debate about whether stories *should* resolve everything, and I tend to come down on the side of "they should not". Leaving the previous Minister's fate unknown augments the general air of paranoia and suspicion within Imperial Intelligence, which adds something to an otherwise cliché story(1) of the lone agent battling the Secret Masters / Illuminati / etc.

(1) Sorry, I'm not really a fan of the Agent story. It's well constructed, but seeing as how everything in it after you arrive on DK is merely food for the Illuminati thing, well ... On the other hand, it has one of the best starter-world stories, not far behind the Consular.

You're right: there's no further mention of the original Minister. There's a separate philosophical debate about whether stories *should* resolve everything, and I tend to come down on the side of "they should not". Leaving the previous Minister's fate unknown augments the general air of paranoia and suspicion within Imperial Intelligence, which adds something to an otherwise cliché story(1) of the lone agent battling the Secret Masters / Illuminati / etc.

(1) Sorry, I'm not really a fan of the Agent story. It's well constructed, but seeing as how everything in it after you arrive on DK is merely food for the Illuminati thing, well ... On the other hand, it has one of the best starter-world stories, not far behind the Consular.

Fair point on the agent story. I did thoroughly enjoy the prelude and first chapter, but everything after that came across as bland and predictable. The Cabal is a way too obvious offshoot of SPECTRE from James Bond.

Returning to the subject of the original Minister, I figured that was the point. I was just wondering if I had missed something in the dialogue when he was mentioned again.

I headcanon after the events of Rishi between Ziost and KOTFE he's tracked down and put into Shadow Town. Either that or killed. I'm not sure where I want to take his story since who knows, he might re-appear someday.

I believe you’re thinking of the second Minister of Intelligence, who was originally Keeper. I meant his predecessor.