Ego

-Dark-

I'm very sure I'm about to get yelled at, but I'm just too darn curious at the moment. In regards to PvP (because I don't really like PvE), what's with all the ego out there? I swear I've been hearing more and more people with huge egos lately. No, I'm not going to point out anyone, but it just gets rather annoying when "Everyone on the opposing team sucks!" yet we still lose a match with people who claim to be "pro" on our team. This idea then leads to players starting controversy with each other. Now I'm not saying that a little rivalry is bad, but I've seen people getting seriously mad at others.

Another major problem I've noticed, that is somewhat increasing, is bashing newer 50's that pvp. I'll admit, I've done it myself at times, but I've seen some people get super pissed off at some people. If possible, can we try to cut this out and replace it with constructive criticism that could possibly help newer 50's get better at pvp, specifically with team mechanics.

If this is offensive to anyone... well, it's the truth. I'm not trying to be mean or pick anyone out, but I'd really like to see a decline in ego.

Dude, people get steamed about the way teammates perform in PvP. Yours truly considers himself mild-mannered, yet every here and there, I find myself yelling loud enough for the neighbors to hear about something someone is or is not doing in Huttball.

It's just human nature, I'd have to suppose. 'Ego' may be the wrong word you're looking for, though. That'd be more a case of someone bragging about winning, putting it in your face.

I despise Grim Determination because they are so good - but at least they don't go around shoving people's noses in losses.... Though this may be because they don't all speak english :cool: Not sure on that one, but *wow* are they good.

-Ahlvis

I'm very sure I'm about to get yelled at, but I'm just too darn curious at the moment. In regards to PvP (because I don't really like PvE), what's with all the ego out there? I swear I've been hearing more and more people with huge egos lately. No, I'm not going to point out anyone, but it just gets rather annoying when "Everyone on the opposing team sucks!" yet we still lose a match with people who claim to be "pro" on our team. This idea then leads to players starting controversy with each other. Now I'm not saying that a little rivalry is bad, but I've seen people getting seriously mad at others.

Another major problem I've noticed, that is somewhat increasing, is bashing newer 50's that pvp. I'll admit, I've done it myself at times, but I've seen some people get super pissed off at some people. If possible, can we try to cut this out and replace it with constructive criticism that could possibly help newer 50's get better at pvp, specifically with team mechanics.

If this is offensive to anyone... well, it's the truth. I'm not trying to be mean or pick anyone out, but I'd really like to see a decline in ego.

Get used to it. The majority of PvPers are like that. PvP is just that competitive. Even pro athletes call each other names across the field/ice/whatever(not equating PvP to being like a professional sport, it isn't, just pointing out, it happens in most competitive circles).

Here, you see more of it, because most PvPers are youngsters, teens, and they call people names at school all the time, why wouldn't they do it in PvP?

People who get super pissed at others for not being able to play at their "level" (I use this term loosely), need to be ignored. Seriously, that's what /ignore is for. If you don't want to hear them, you don't have to. Its a great idea, and beats ranting on the forums about it. :w_tongue:

Edited by CaptRavenous

There are unfortunatly people who measure their own self worth, irl, by their performance in a computer game. For those people PvP is serious bizz...

Me, I just like to hear the sounds of pain when a crit lands ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Why would anyone have a big Ego about PvP on a PvE RP server?

Seriously if your into PvP you shouldn't even be on this server, you should be on a PvP server where you have a real test of one's skills... PvP'ing against casual PvP'ers is nothing to brag about.

Why would anyone have a big Ego about PvP on a PvE RP server?

Seriously if your into PvP you shouldn't even be on this server, you should be on a PvP server where you have a real test of one's skills... PvP'ing against casual PvP'ers is nothing to brag about.

Just because its a PVE server doesn't mean people don't pvp hardcore. That's the biggest misconception made by server elitists. I'm quite sure many of the pvpers on begeren can easily take on the so called pro pvp servers. Don't be ridiculous. Many hardcore pvpers came here, and are still coming, because of the lack of maturity on pvp servers.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Just because its a PVE server doesn't mean people don't pvp hardcore. That's the biggest misconception made by server elitists. I'm quite sure many of the pvpers on begeren can easily take on the so called pro pvp servers. Don't be ridiculous. Many hardcore pvpers came here, and are still coming, because of the lack of maturity on pvp servers.

ya right, hardcore pvp'ers come here because they can't hack it on pvp servers.... The ONLY reason they come here is because they know they can slaughter the casual pvp'ers... Sorry but any PvP only guild that is on this server is a Joke, you want to be taken seriously then pvp on a PvP Server... You can come up with all the excuses you want but the PvP guilds on a PvE RP server are nothing but a joke... Nobody has any respect for them on this server....

Edited by Monoth

ya right, hardcore pvp'ers come here because they can't hack it on pvp servers.... The ONLY reason they come here is because they know they can slaughter the casual pvp'ers... Sorry but any PvP only guild that is on this server is a Joke, you want to be taken seriously then pvp on a PvP Server... You can come up with all the excuses you want but the PvP guilds on a PvE RP server are nothing but a joke... Nobody has any respect for them on this server....

Ah hubris. We will see if you're still saying that when cross server comes. :)

*looks around* People still PVP on this server?

Less and Less thanks to a few PvP only guilds... All they do is run premades all day long face rolling all the casual PvP'ers on this server which is like 95% of the player base.... That way they can feel special about themselves owning casual pvp'ers in recruit gear...

Ah hubris. We will see if you're still saying that when cross server comes. :)

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself....

As for cross server, I doubt they will have pvp servers matched up against pve servers.... Again these PvP only guilds on PvE servers are nothing but a joke, even if they did match up all the severs against each other these so called ""Hardcore PvP Guilds" on PvE servers will get face owned by the real pvp'ers.

Fighting against casual pvp'ers is not going to make you a better player, it will only gives you the illusion your great when the truth is far from that. But hey if these type of players like living in an illusion who am I to say otherwise...

Edited by Monoth

You sir are wrong. Neo and a bunch of others could easily make it on a PvP server. Hell, I could too. Neo is better than a good 90% of the players on a PvP server, along with a lot of others on BC, including myself. That's not being cocky. thats thinking straight. By the way, you don't get some magical IRL debuff from not playing on PvP server. PvE players could easily be at the dame skill level, if not higher than a PvP serv player. You should roll a 50 on either type of server the. tell us your findings. Edited by JamesBalla

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself....

As for cross server, I doubt they will have pvp servers matched up against pve servers.... Again these PvP only guilds on PvE servers are nothing but a joke, even if they did match up all the severs against each other these so called ""Hardcore PvP Guilds" on PvE servers will get face owned by the real pvp'ers.

Fighting against casual pvp'ers is not going to make you a better player, it will only gives you the illusion your great when the truth is far from that. But hey if these type of players like living in an illusion who am I to say otherwise...

Douches like you is why I dont roll on a PVP server, they are full of them. You're all talk. Until cross server PVP you got nothing. So go back to ganking low level players to feed your epeen.

Edited by Boch

Youngster you're good, however you play focus on a sentinel. Come on man :(

Lol oldsters just messing around. Hes ma boy. Although he is a good duelist. ;) thanks for the compliments as it was surprising coming from you. And LOL at the irl debuff haha. This guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. He makes the mistake of assuming people who pvp here do it casually. Maybe in the pres, but in the 50s? Nah.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Just noticed something kinda funny.

This thread started as a complaint about over inflated egos and **** talking, with a plea for everyone to be excellent to each other. Now it's transformed into a brag fest for people with over inflated egos and a chance for other people to **** talk everyone on the server.

Looks like the OP nailed the reality of the situation on the head, but I feel like his point is being missed. :p

Just noticed something kinda funny.

This thread started as a complaint about over inflated egos and **** talking, with a plea for everyone to be excellent to each other. Now it's transformed into a brag fest for people with over inflated egos and a chance for other people to **** talk everyone on the server.

Looks like the OP nailed the reality of the situation on the head, but I feel like his point is being missed. :p

I don't think we're reading the same thread.