The Cartel Market is now on the Public Test Server!

CourtneyWoods

Would like to see a pack to reset your character look (other MMOs do this), basically taking you back to the character generation screen (after you pick your race/gender).

Would be nice to be able to add a beard, change some scars, put on some weight (or take it off), or just change the look all-to-gether. This would seem to be a cash shop natural.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do we need to pay to play ?its not a good idea for new subscribers to get hooked.if i was a subscriber i will leave because it is so expensive to play.bot i have a sub so im not worried btw how much will cartel items cost:ph_thank_you:

why do we need to pay to play ?its not a good idea for new subscribers to get hooked.if i was a subscriber i will leave because it is so expensive to play.bot i have a sub so im not worried btw how much will cartel items cost:ph_thank_you:

It's hard to tell what you meant in your post but I think you were meant ".if i wasN'T a subscriber i will leave because it is so expensive to play." In which case, I wholeheartedly agree, people who start playing the free version will quickly either sub up or give up.

One of my friends, who is planning on trying out the game when it goes F2P, just asked me about the character slots limit.

As far as I can determine the currently available information states:

- F2P gets 2 character slots.

- Subscribers get 10 more slots (for a total of 12. The current amount we all have.)

My friend currently plays LOTRO where he also started out with 2 character slots as F2P, but over the years he was able to purchase additional character slots.

As far as I can tell, there is currenlty no unlock on the Cartel Market to purchase additional character slots.

My questions:

- Is there currently a "Character Slot" unlock opton on the Cartel Market (and I just missed it)?

- If the answer to the above is "no", could someone from the BioWare team let me (and others I'm sure) know if there are plans to introduce a "Character Slot" unlock at a future point (even if only to the current 12 character slot limit) or will the only way to have more than 2 character slots be to subscribe?

Thanks in advance.

I dont have acess to the PTS and was wondering if there is a filter for subscribers and also wanted to know if subscribers can choose specific items from the cartel packs becuase making subcribers pay for random junk that they might have is just annoying

Somethings are telling me that I need to have a subscription to use but I have had an active subscription since launch. ***!

They have made every account on the PTS a FTP account for testing - don't worry, it doesn't affect anything on the live servers...

It´s really cool that u can buy additional warzone matches really good, but I really don't like that as a FTP only have ine quickbar, that just seems greedy to me. So before u release this make sure that u can have more than one quickbar as a FTP player, at lvl 50 u can not use just one quickbar, also u can buy new races, would be cool, but paying players will get acces to new races

It´s really cool that u can buy additional warzone matches really good, but I really don't like that as a FTP only have ine quickbar, that just seems greedy to me. So before u release this make sure that u can have more than one quickbar as a FTP player, at lvl 50 u can not use just one quickbar, also u can buy new races, would be cool, but paying players will get acces to new races

they have already announced that F2Pers will get 2 bars now because of the feedback... also as far as I've seen you can already buy race unlocks with cartel coins

lol man all your wishes are coming true before you even post them :)

Edited by Liquidacid

If Bioware reads this:

Please add level 50 armor... theres level 15, 31, 35, and 43 but nothing for level 50 players...

Create a tab in the cartel market that only players with a subsrciption can access... ( for example headgear, weapons, emotes, and things that are in the packs... out of the packs) :)

And if you would be so nice... reduce the coin cost for things in the market for subscribers ( A LITTLE BIT )

Please !!!! :D

Not on the PTS but from what I've seen posted in screenshots and write-ups (thanks to all who took the time to do so) I'm actually quite pleased with what I'm seeing for Free2Play.

They really are holding true to their promise: they are ONLY providing convenience items in the Cartel Market.

Take a good look:

• No planet mission packs!
    • That means that the GAME is really ALL there for Free: class quests, planet quests, heroics, bonus series, even Flash Points (full rewards only for the 1st 3, but you can keep playing them). Everything is accessible and playable.

[*]Everything else is convenience.

• You want more than 1 quickslot bar? Unlock them or subscribe. (Take a good hard look at your abilities. You only really need one bar for the abilities that you normally use. The other 3 bars are filled with "occassional"/"situational" abilities. Those bars are there for "convenience".)
    • You want to hide your helmet? Unlock the option or subscribe.
    • You want to color match your gear? Unlock the option or subsctribe.
    • Enjoying the PvP and want to play more than just 3 games? Unlock the option or subscribe. (NOTE: LOTRO has been F2P for years and they only recently unlocked PvP for F2P. SWTOR is doing it from day 1.)
    • Etc., etc., etc...

For those who currently subscribe and thought they could unsubscribe and still get everyhting they have now for nothing, think about this: if you unsubscribed and your paid time ran out *today* would you be able to play tomorrow? The answer is "no".

But when F2P goes live you will be able to play. Not only that, but the way this is setup, you will be getting a whole game for nothing. Albeit with restrictions to your "convenience". If those conveniences are important to you either subscribe again or unlock them. Your choice.

I'm really happy with what I've seen so far. They really are delivering on what they promised.

I wouldn't want to subscribe just to get a decent experience in any Star Wars game.

Yea so the whole cartel points SUCK on the PTS right now. I cant use my cargo hold & i only have 1 ability bar! Id buy them but I dont have enough points left & now Im worried that I wont have all my points when the cartel points come to the regular server:rak_02:

But u shouid be able to buy more species, but subscribers should get acces to new species and new content

You really need to take a look at these 2 pages:

SWTOR Free to Play FTP player restrictions - Dulfy - http://dulfy.net/2012/10/24/swtor-free-to-play-ftp-player-restrictions/

SWTOR Cartel Market Items - Dulfy - http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/

:)

Will spending my cartel points on the PTS take them way when they come to the regular servers?

Yea so the whole cartel points SUCK on the PTS right now. I cant use my cargo hold & i only have 1 ability bar! Id buy them but I dont have enough points left & now Im worried that I wont have all my points when the cartel points come to the regular server:rak_02:

You guys will have all your points when this goes live.

What happens on the PTS stays on the PTS!

(In other words, the Cartel Coins you have/had on the PTS were for testing on the PTS. When F2P goes live you will still have the Cartel Coins you are supposed to have (and any that you had on the PTS will not transfer over to the live environment).)