Jedi Knight Ending.

Warcrarian

So, I just end my dark side JK and in the end Master Satele says that I don't deserve to be a "Master" of the order because Im following a dark path and she doesn't want to ingnore it anymore, then a Republic General or something (dont remember) tells her that I deserve some credit and makes me "General of the Republic".

Thats my question. Why they still give the tittle "Master" and no "General"? Is kind of stupid when Satele said that Im no ready yet but still they gave it to me. Thanks :)

This is the same reason you get no darkside points for having a relationship as a knight. It is also why you can't tell companions to leave or kill them, even when it would be in character to do so. People acted like idiots, slaughtered each and every one, then complained that they couldn't play because they had no companions.

So, I just end my dark side JK and in the end Master Satele says that I don't deserve to be a "Master" of the order because Im following a dark path and she doesn't want to ingnore it anymore, then a Republic General or something (dont remember) tells her that I deserve some credit and makes me "General of the Republic".

Thats my question. Why they still give the tittle "Master" and no "General"? Is kind of stupid when Satele said that Im no ready yet but still they gave it to me. Thanks :)

If I recall correctly you're not a Jedi Master, but the Republic gives you a similar award to Master despite the Council's decision to not grant you the rank of Master.

In short? Because dark sided players complained during the beta about not recieving the 'Master' title.

Same with the Sith Warrior. They used to just get "Emperor's Wrath" but they whined and complained until they got "Darth" like the Inquisitors got.

Same with the Sith Warrior. They used to just get "Emperor's Wrath" but they whined and complained until they got "Darth" like the Inquisitors got.

And now they want "Emperor's Wrath" back. Go figure *shrug* but really, so many great titles were cut :( and when they made sense, too, in relation to the various storylines. Ah well.

@errant_knight: if you're a female JK you do get DS points for pursuing the romance arc (I've heard male JKs get nada, don't know if that's true or not?)

And now they want "Emperor's Wrath" back. Go figure *shrug* but really, so many great titles were cut :( and when they made sense, too, in relation to the various storylines. Ah well.

@errant_knight: if you're a female JK you do get DS points for pursuing the romance arc (I've heard male JKs get nada, don't know if that's true or not?)

You don't get any DS points for that.

The devs are killing their own game, If you want the Master tittle then play Light Side just as simple as that. You want to be "bad" whit a jedi? Those are the consequences for being dark side.

You don't get any DS points for that.

The devs are killing their own game, If you want the Master tittle then play Light Side just as simple as that. You want to be "bad" whit a jedi? Those are the consequences for being dark side.

Agreed! For all the speeches of "this is your storyline" then by making those choices, your character wouldn't obtain such and such.

Why would the counsel give you the title of Master, if they wouldn't think you worthy of it? And being so tempted by the Dark Side, one wouldn't be worthy of the Master title. They're not saying be perfect light siders, they're saying, "Hey, you go a bit to far for our order."

Though, as George Lucas has said Jedi aren't celebate, but the order says no attachments, I take that to mean, they sleep around and avoid the commitment. :p

Maybe what they could have done is if you are light side, you get a seat on the council along with the Master title, if Darkside just the master title, that way Kira can tell you how you would be on the council if you were less of a maverick :D

Although I think the original General title was bloody great and sucks it got changed :(, hopefully one day they will add the "High General" title that Obi-Wan has during the Clone Wars.

This is the same reason you get no darkside points for having a relationship as a knight. It is also why you can't tell companions to leave or kill them, even when it would be in character to do so. People acted like idiots, slaughtered each and every one, then complained that they couldn't play because they had no companions.

You shouldn't get darkside points for falling in love, nor should you get lightside points for choosing to break it off. It is so stupid how everyone assumes that because it's the Jedi Code that says you can't fall in love means that the light side of the Force doesn't want Jedi to love either. The Jedi Code and the lightside of the Force are two totally different entities. The Jedi Code is based out of an interpretation of what the lightside is, it is not a manual for following the path. All well, I suppose this is an issue to be handled for a Star Wars series that takes place post Battle of Endor. You know, when Luke, Grand Master of the New Order marries Mara Jade.

Sorry, forgot to mention the whole Kyle Katarn story where he set out to destroy his enemies using the Force because he thought they killed his girl friend and ends up offering to have them join the lightside. Oh and at then end before Kyle decides whether or not to become a full blown Jedi, he and Jan run off on a little vacation. Yes, having love and romance as a Jedi is bad because if you turn out to be a weak, punk a**, b**** like Anakin, you'll turn to the darkside.

You shouldn't get darkside points for falling in love, nor should you get lightside points for choosing to break it off. It is so stupid how everyone assumes that because it's the Jedi Code that says you can't fall in love means that the light side of the Force doesn't want Jedi to love either. The Jedi Code and the lightside of the Force are two totally different entities. The Jedi Code is based out of an interpretation of what the lightside is, it is not a manual for following the path. All well, I suppose this is an issue to be handled for a Star Wars series that takes place post Battle of Endor. You know, when Luke, Grand Master of the New Order marries Mara Jade.

well, people usually tend to glorify "love" as a supreme feeling, in fact that is a feeling that leads to procreation and its proccess is very much similar to a sickness, for a Jedi who must be in control of his emotions and stay calm above all else Love is simply forbidden, because you cannot be in love without losing part of your rationalism. Brain is literally bombarded, well in human case, dont know how other Star Wars species would react - but whole Luke love thing is simply white knightish, totally out of Jedi Code sight

Yep, but growing as a person means to me that you can use reason instead of instincts and emotions.

If you can't help your loved one(s) of course it will feel very bad, but really mature person can handle and process this without "falling out of character". Maybe they wouldn't want to live anymore but at least they wouldn't go into murdering rampage and betray everything.

They want it back because most of the people who were complaining are gone now, likely did not make it to even 1.2. What is left now is F2P and some of the hard core players. The really upsetting thing is they blanded down so many of the storys to make those people happy and they are not even here.

Yep, but growing as a person means to me that you can use reason instead of instincts and emotions.

If you can't help your loved one(s) of course it will feel very bad, but really mature person can handle and process this without "falling out of character". Maybe they wouldn't want to live anymore but at least they wouldn't go into murdering rampage and betray everything.

physical maturity exists, any other is just a silly mumbling of adults who combine some social existence values into account. Every person in love is a highly disturbed being, especially in the first phase of "love", later when there is mostly attachement it looks different but that "love love" is a horrible experience I presume. I think we should also take Force into account, Force users percieve emotions in a different way, good example is a kiss between Jedi Knight and Kira, if a kiss is such a ruckus then Love must drive them crazy and that exaplains Anakin's behaviour. After all what are rules, orders and governments in comparison to the fate of the beloved ones with whom they gonna share their everyday lives and who are the most important people to them, betrayal seems like a little thing.

The problem is that if we go from presumption that love and emotions effect jedis' differently (comparing to "normal" beings) then all we can do is speculate.

Mental maturity is about wisdom. If you have learned yourself or by others that wallowing in sorrow/vengeance only leads to dark side, wise and good person would do something else.

It is after all the "negative" emotions that lead to dark side. You would need to avoid these and behavioural patterns that lead to these. This of course would demand very rational mind.

I always think Jedi Code as a general rule for those that don't have the wisdom and strength of character to process even their most negative feelings and instincts.

Edited by FINNT

The problem is that if we go from presumption that love and emotions effect jedis' differently (comparing to "normal" beings) then all we can do is speculate.

Mental maturity is about wisdom. If you have learned yourself or by others that wallowing in sorrow/vengeance only leads to dark side, wise and good person would do something else.

It is after all the "negative" emotions that lead to dark side. You would need to avoid these and behavioural patterns that lead to these. This of course would demand very rational mind.

it doesnt matter what a man learn in his life, it is a desire, emotional state that dictates him to do it. Many are taught to avoid many toxical substances yet they use it. Stopping oneself from sorrow or vengeance is not a matter of wisdom but personality, well brains functionality.

Well no wise person would stay a jedi, only "good" fools.

it doesnt matter what a man learn in his life, it is a desire, emotional state that dictates him to do it. Many are taught to avoid many toxical substances yet they use it. Stopping oneself from sorrow or vengeance is not a matter of wisdom but personality, well brains functionality.

Well no wise person would stay a jedi, only "good" fools.

:D Point of view

It's not just about revenge because a loved one is hurt. It's about the fact that love screws up your priorities. Jedi are renowned for being fair and impartial. It's a huge part of their job; they mediate disputes between warring parties and serve as galactic diplomats because they don't play favorites. If a zabrak and a trandoshan have a dispute and call in a Jedi, they can count on the Jedi treating them exactly like a human and a human having a dispute, and not just siding with the zabrak because the trandoshan has claws and talks funny.

Any attachment is a threat to impartiality. If you have a homeworld that you care more about than any other planet, what happens when both that planet and another planet are in economic trouble and you have to decide which one to open trade with? If you have a ship you've loved and lived in for a decade, what happens when you have to fly that ship into a dangerous asteroid field it won't survive in order to rescue someone who might already be dead?

And if you have someone you love, what happens when that person's life is in danger and so is someone else's and you can only get to one of them in time?

Of course, it's not like Jedi don't form attachments anyway. It's not humanly possible to not. They all attached a lot of importance to the temple on Coruscant, I can't think of any notable Master-Padawan relationship that's any less biased than your typical parent-child, they all hang onto their parents' lightsabers and mourn their friends' deaths at the hands of Sith lords. Romantic love can be more intense than those connections, but that's not a hard and fast rule and even when it's true it's a difference in magnitude, not in kind. So the solution is clearly to train Jedi to be able to overrule their desires and biases with their rational minds, not to try to do the absolute impossible and remove desire and bias altogether.

But then again, that's pretty much what the Jedi do; in the Old Republic era, Jedi like Jolee and the Kira-romancing Knight are permitted relationships by the Council because they've proven themselves capable of that judgement and self-control. Padawans like Moracen and Spanios who are half a step from the Dark Side with the bribery and the manipulation and the selfishness, on the other hand, are highly discouraged.