I now see that love is a huge mistake for Jedi

Aeristash

Finally started fallen empire on my counslar a bit ago. After my imprisonment, I received a letter from my lover, Nadia grell, and was shocked & dismayed to a sickening degree by the deranged contents.

Subject: I will find you

I know you're still alive. I could feel your presence even after the destruction of Darth Marr's flagship. You were travelling away from me, deeper into Wild Space, faster and farther than I could follow. When I concentrate, I can still feel your pulse and hear your thoughts like distant whispers. You're in pain, and I can't stand knowing I'm powerless to help you.

They moved the Noetikons back to Coruscant after the attack on Tython. I've been consulting them, especially Bastila Shan's. She understands what this feels like. You've done so much for so many, and now it's time for your allies to honor you in return. The Esh-kha, Gaden-Ko, the Balmorrann resistance... I will rally these old friends and lead them to wherever you are. We will brave the dangers that await, my love.

Stay strong. We will come.

^ This... This is not okay. This is not the way of the jedi nor the light. These are the ravings of a fallen disciple wracked with grief, passion and selfish desire, willing to sacrifice anything and anyone to get what she wants. This kind of behavior is oceans away from what my master taught me and what I taught her. As a Jedi and my lover, she should've understood that if the worst should come to pass, she was to simply grieve, move on and leave the rest to the force. Abusing the force by twisting our connection into some sort of tracking sonar, gathering the knowledge of the ancients to wage war, abusing political connections by tearing countless others away from their families to drag them into what is likely their doom under false pretenses in an attempt to save me because she can't control her wanton angst is the way of the sith.

While her motivations can be somewhat sympathized with, her actions are that of a twisted love crazed tyrant. This creature who uses people like tools for her own personal purposes is not the padawan I trained, nor the woman I loved. The masters were right, love only leads to darkness as nadias actions can attest to. I can appreciate her intentions, but while it is regretful, if we should ever meet again, we're definitely going to have to cool things and call it quits. I can't find it in myself to love a monster, even one ignorant of its own status. I do take some responsibility as it is a monster of my own heedless creation, but I never meant for this. I knew when she sent that letter saying that the Jedi were wrong about love because they knew nothing of commitment that something was up with her, but I didn't think that notion would make her fall this hard and fast.

Now I have no successful padawans to carry on my teachings. :(

Edited by Aeristash

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a greiving widow who became a padawan way too late in the game to combat her naive, she's not really prepared to handle the death of a loved one.

I wonder if the families of all the people she's dragging to their deaths will be able to fare better. Jedi are supposed to die for others, not let others die for them. Oh nadia... what in the force have you done? :(

U should be proud, u teach her very well i'm always believe in her ^^

When I think of all the people dying and becoming one with the force so I can live on selfishly with my lover, it makes me sick. I'm disgusted by the monster I created. I should've never taken her on as a padawan. She was too old and emotionally attached to others for her to ever competently separate rationale & feelings.

Edited by Aeristash

I wonder if the families of all the people she's dragging to their deaths will be able to fare better. Jedi are supposed to die for others, not let others die for them. Oh nadia... what in the force have you done? :(

You say it like he's gonna force these people to help her.

You say it like he's gonna force these people to help her.

"You've done so much for so many, and now it's time for your allies to honor you in return."

Guilt is powerful leverage. A Jedi does not act to be rewarded, nor do they use their actions to bend others to their will. That is what sith do. Nadia... :mad:

When I think of all the people dying and becoming one with the force so I can live on selfishly with my lover, it makes me sick. I'm disgusted by the monster I created. I should've never taken her on as a padawan. She was too old and emotionally attached to others for her to ever competently separate rationale & feelings.

so change your believes from united force to living force ^^

and still be happy that u didn't create a new droid(jedi) ^^

so change your believes from united force to living force ^^

and still be happy that u didn't create a new droid(jedi) ^^

You can't just rationalize peoples lives away like that. >_> Besides-- While droids are emotionless husk, one wouldn't have to worry about it following jedi teachings religiously when they're gone. A preferred student to the skywalker-esque one falling to the dark side for love now.

"You've done so much for so many, and now it's time for your allies to honor you in return."

Guilt is powerful leverage. A Jedi does not act to be rewarded, nor do they use their actions to bend others to their will. That is what sith do. Nadia... :mad:

After your padawan finishes falling to the Dark Side, my Sith will recruit her and she shall become a splendorous Darth one day in the future:)

You married an obsessed fangirl with the emotional and mental maturity of a 13 year-old. What did you expect?

I don't believe that love is a weakness for a Jedi, but it can be a weakness if you love the wrong person. Felix Iresso is a great example of romantic Jedi love done right. Now, I never romanced him myself because I found pretty much everything to do with the Consular to be boring, but I've watched the romance videos and I did like how they handled him in regards to falling for a Jedi. Felix makes it clear that he's first and foremost a soldier. He loves the Consular, yes, but he puts his duty to the Republic first, like when he stayed on that ship that was about to blow up to get critical information for the military. He willingly undergoes interviews from the Council to show that he's able to deal with being with a Jedi. Being in love doesn't change who he is as a person. He's still Felix Iresso, and he still has the same convictions and beliefs he did before. With or without the Consular by his side, he has duties and responsibilities that he's going to take care of, no matter how much pain he may be in emotionally.

Now let's look at Nadia. Nadia was a very creepy romance in my opinion. She was purposely kept sheltered by her father, and she knows nothing of how the world works, nor how to properly control her powers, also thanks to her father. She claims to love the male Consular, but to me it's mostly just "OMG, you're so cool and handsome, will you be my bf?" She doesn't understand love, not really. How could she? She's been kept under lock and key most of her life. It's not her fault. But her response to loosing her Consular husband makes sense for her character. She relies so much on the Consular, male or female, that without him or her she's pretty much incapable of anything. Of course she'd go off the deep end after loosing her husband.

To my mind, it's not love that's the problem here, it's the person in love who is. A mature person knows and understands that even if they're in love, they have to do their job. Two police officers who are married have to understand that while they're on the job, their only responsibility is to keep their communities safe. If they're both on duty and they have to deal with a violent situation, they're not going to ignore everything else to protect each other, they're going to do their job and keep the civilians safe. If one of them is injured, the other one still has to carry on.

Now I know that in real life the chances of a married police couple posted on the same rounds together is incredibly unlikely, but my point is still valid. The problem isn't that Nadia is in love. The problem is that Nadia is in love.

You married an obsessed fangirl with the emotional and mental maturity of a 13 year-old. What did you expect?

And let's not forget that she became your padawan right after her father was killed by a sith which deeply affected her. I think that since she was 'put' in the Consular's care just after that event she probably transfered the love she had for her father to you without realising the difference between fatherly love and real love between two persons.

You can't just rationalize peoples lives away like that. >_> Besides-- While droids are emotionless husk, one wouldn't have to worry about it following jedi teachings religiously when they're gone. A preferred student to the skywalker-esque one falling to the dark side for love now.

and Bastila back from DS thanks to love, Qui-Gon didn't have problems to ^^, anyway she didn't pressure unknown people and probably your former alies will help her nad u anyway ^^, that's only letter she can do it in different way actualy and didn't pressure anyone.

U know u said u're Jedi so u shouldn't take hasty conclusions.

Edited by LordXantor

Finally started fallen empire on my counslar a bit ago. After my imprisonment, I received a letter from my lover, Nadia grell, and was shocked & dismayed to a sickening degree by the deranged contents.

Subject: I will find you

I know you're still alive. I could feel your presence even after the destruction of Darth Marr's flagship. You were travelling away from me, deeper into Wild Space, faster and farther than I could follow. When I concentrate, I can still feel your pulse and hear your thoughts like distant whispers. You're in pain, and I can't stand knowing I'm powerless to help you.

They moved the Noetikons back to Coruscant after the attack on Tython. I've been consulting them, especially Bastila Shan's. She understands what this feels like. You've done so much for so many, and now it's time for your allies to honor you in return. The Esh-kha, Gaden-Ko, the Balmorrann resistance... I will rally these old friends and lead them to wherever you are. We will brave the dangers that await, my love.

Stay strong. We will come.

^ This... This is not okay. This is not the way of the jedi nor the light. These are the ravings of a fallen disciple wracked with grief, passion and selfish desire, willing to sacrifice anything and anyone to get what she wants. This kind of behavior is oceans away from what my master taught me and what I taught her. As a Jedi and my lover, she should've understood that if the worst should come to pass, she was to simply grieve, move on and leave the rest to the force. Abusing the force by twisting our connection into some sort of tracking sonar, gathering the knowledge of the ancients to wage war, abusing political connections by tearing countless others away from their families to drag them into what is likely their doom under false pretenses in an attempt to save me because she can't control her wanton angst is the way of the sith.

While her motivations can be somewhat sympathized with, her actions are that of a twisted love crazed tyrant. This creature who uses people like tools for her own personal purposes is not the padawan I trained, nor the woman I loved. The masters were right, love only leads to darkness as nadias actions can attest to. I can appreciate her intentions, but while it is regretful, if we should ever meet again, we're definitely going to have to cool things and call it quits. I can't find it in myself to love a monster, even one ignorant of its own status. I do take some responsibility as it is a monster of my own heedless creation, but I never meant for this. I knew when she sent that letter saying that the Jedi were wrong about love because they knew nothing of commitment that something was up with her, but I didn't think that notion would make her fall this hard and fast.

Now I have no successful padawans to carry on my teachings. :(

lol

You corrupted her ! :D

I always felt like Nadia , was a bit like Ashara . I played my Jedi consular selfless to the max...and it bored her .

She had the same energy like Ashara , but not her temper .

Teehee.....I romanced Lana...and Harmony exist with us :p

It takes a great Jedi to understand why they need to avoid romantic relationships, many cant understand.

Personally even my Jedi are rather LS Sith. LS Sith use their passions just like DS Sith, but they use it to keep themselves in the light path, so having a romantic relationship (with LS LI ofc) actually helps them stay in the light, not drives them to the dark side.

Who are LS Sith? They want to rule everyone, just like all Sith, but for the benefit of their people, unlike DS Sith. They protect them just like Jedi do with their own. They don't put their own selfish needs before others. Their passion is working for their people's good. They follow the Sith Code, they simply have different passions. And ofc they dont seek peace like Jedi do, they are looking for greater challenges to test themselves and grow in power (to be able to protect their people).

The problem isn't that Nadia is in love. The problem is that Nadia is in love.

Everything Yermog said in her original post, spot on.

I don't believe that love is a weakness for a Jedi, but it can be a weakness if you love the wrong person. Felix Iresso is a great example of romantic Jedi love done right. Now, I never romanced him myself because I found pretty much everything to do with the Consular to be boring, but I've watched the romance videos and I did like how they handled him in regards to falling for a Jedi. Felix makes it clear that he's first and foremost a soldier. He loves the Consular, yes, but he puts his duty to the Republic first, like when he stayed on that ship that was about to blow up to get critical information for the military. He willingly undergoes interviews from the Council to show that he's able to deal with being with a Jedi. Being in love doesn't change who he is as a person. He's still Felix Iresso, and he still has the same convictions and beliefs he did before. With or without the Consular by his side, he has duties and responsibilities that he's going to take care of, no matter how much pain he may be in emotionally.

Now let's look at Nadia. Nadia was a very creepy romance in my opinion. She was purposely kept sheltered by her father, and she knows nothing of how the world works, nor how to properly control her powers, also thanks to her father. She claims to love the male Consular, but to me it's mostly just "OMG, you're so cool and handsome, will you be my bf?" She doesn't understand love, not really. How could she? She's been kept under lock and key most of her life. It's not her fault. But her response to loosing her Consular husband makes sense for her character. She relies so much on the Consular, male or female, that without him or her she's pretty much incapable of anything. Of course she'd go off the deep end after loosing her husband.

To my mind, it's not love that's the problem here, it's the person in love who is. A mature person knows and understands that even if they're in love, they have to do their job. Two police officers who are married have to understand that while they're on the job, their only responsibility is to keep their communities safe. If they're both on duty and they have to deal with a violent situation, they're not going to ignore everything else to protect each other, they're going to do their job and keep the civilians safe. If one of them is injured, the other one still has to carry on.

Now I know that in real life the chances of a married police couple posted on the same rounds together is incredibly unlikely, but my point is still valid. The problem isn't that Nadia is in love. The problem is that Nadia is in love.

Damn your sense making. 100% agree. :o

And let's not forget that she became your padawan right after her father was killed by a sith which deeply affected her. I think that since she was 'put' in the Consular's care just after that event she probably transfered the love she had for her father to you without realising the difference between fatherly love and real love between two persons.

This line of thought has often crossed my mind. Especially when she attempted to hop into bed with me right after her father died to get over her grief. I always had a vague concern that she was confusing the love between two people with the love of an emotional anchor.

and Bastila back from DS thanks to love, Qui-Gon didn't have problems to ^^, anyway she didn't pressure unknown people and probably your former alies will help her nad u anyway ^^, that's only letter she can do it in different way actualy and didn't pressure anyone.

U know u said u're Jedi so u shouldn't take hasty conclusions.

Love was a double edged sword for Shan. It saved her and broke her. When she finally gave into her feelings for Revan, she became more accepting of his philosophy that love gave him his immense power and stood in defiance of any, even council members, who had reserves against the idea. When Revan was asked to leave and take his teachings with him by the masters, Bastila defiantly turned her back on the council and joined her lover in exile. Clearly the dependency that was formed in their bond had adverse affects, giving her a somewhat fanatical loyalty to Revan. When Revan left to find the sith empire for the second time, she spent the rest of her days mourning him and yearning for his return. A jedi with such regret and attachment in life could never hope to find the clarity of peace in death. I believe Shan still restlessly waits for Revans return even in death.

lol

You corrupted her ! :D

I always felt like Nadia , was a bit like Ashara . I played my Jedi consular selfless to the max...and it bored her .

She had the same energy like Ashara , but not her temper .

Teehee.....I romanced Lana...and Harmony exist with us :p

Both Ashara and Lana go as crazy as Nadia when they lose their beau. :p Ashara starts hearing voices and wanders off towards a random destination, just looking for company in her grief, unknowing what that company is. Cool, composed and pragmatic Lana turns into the possessive wife, keeping an ocd constant on the outlanders location and even stating in a letter that the only reason she didn't try to tear the galaxy apart for a second time finding you was because someone told her to calm down. I think being force sensitive and in love has adverse effects, due to the increased sensitivity to emotion. It's like a dependency bond is formed and when it's broken, mental degradation seems to follow. The non- force sensitive lovers worry and grieve too, but not to such a crazy extent.

Love was a double edged sword for Shan. It saved her and broke her. When she finally gave into her feelings for Revan, she became more accepting of his philosophy that love gave him his immense power and stood in defiance of any, even council members, who had reserves against the idea. When Revan was asked to leave and take his teachings with him by the masters, Bastila defiantly turned her back on the council and joined her lover in exile. Clearly the dependency that was formed in their bond had adverse affects, giving her a somewhat fanatical loyalty to Revan. When Revan left to find the sith empire for the second time, she spent the rest of her days mourning him and yearning for his return. A jedi with such regret and attachment in life could never hope to find the clarity of peace in death. I believe Shan still restlessly waits for Revans return even in death.

She wait to the end but she escape order more because council have 0 gratitude for stoping Malak they had only complains and that's no fair, and i agree with anakin in from my point of view the Jedi are evil" ^^ so be proud that she isn't jedi hipocrite ^^, by the way maybe she doing nothing and only write in letter.

Edited by LordXantor

It takes a great Jedi to understand why they need to avoid romantic relationships, many cant understand.

Personally even my Jedi are rather LS Sith. LS Sith use their passions just like DS Sith, but they use it to keep themselves in the light path, so having a romantic relationship (with LS LI ofc) actually helps them stay in the light, not drives them to the dark side.

Who are LS Sith? They want to rule everyone, just like all Sith, but for the benefit of their people, unlike DS Sith. They protect them just like Jedi do with their own. They don't put their own selfish needs before others. Their passion is working for their people's good. They follow the Sith Code, they simply have different passions. And ofc they dont seek peace like Jedi do, they are looking for greater challenges to test themselves and grow in power (to be able to protect their people).

This sounds exactly like Revan was. :) However be mindful that the greater love and attachment one forms to the people they care about, the harder their loss will be on them. That was both Revans blessing and curse. He gained his power from his immense love of others, but his connections sometimes made him take irrational methods to protect them.