Encrypted Data Cube-credit boom

Zaella

So we agree that it is lore and not fluff. And this is the only argument needed in discussion if this should be in the CM.

Don't take my words out of context for your own purposes.

Lore IS Fluff... as I stated. And I exemplified how it is just as "fluffy" as the CM armor skins.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lore IS Fluff... as I stated. And I exemplified how it is just as "fluffy" as the CM armor skins.

so since those 4 cutscenes are lore, and lore=fluff, the whole game is fluff andryah, read what you are posting dude.

i am sorry but does all of the quests in this game provides a Codex lol?

You guys keep trying to treat lore as some godly term that you have to have. If these don't even provide codexs then what is the point of getting angry over a silly cutscene about the shroud doing /flex?

Isn't the entire game built around Lore?

You guys keep trying to treat lore as some godly term that you have to have. If these don't even provide codexs then what is the point of getting angry over a silly cutscene about the shroud doing /flex?

then whats the point in doing any quest in the game to learn about any story? lets all go to youtube and do something else like pvping or killing mobs to get levels, beacause we are clearly wasting time watching the story right?

Isn't the entire game built around Lore?

that my point here, i dont get how they even try to justify those datalogs being in the CM, as they have many times defended the CM based that it was all fluff, and now the word fluff is being bend and now englobes Lore.

it is playable content, we have to go to Nar shaddaa, the travel alone is playable, are you telling that many of the companions quests are Fluff?

I find it ironic that anyone in this forum would use one of the most complained about aspects of the game (travel) and declare it as magically converting fluff to non-fluff.

Fluff with breadcrumbs that you follow around the Galaxy is still fluff. Oh... wait.. did you gain mission experience from following the breadcrumbs..... or unique rare and desirable lore based gear or items????

if lore is fluff then the whole freaking game is fluff, read what you are typing lol.

As far as I am concerned, Lore that adds nothing to the progression of the game, or playable content IS FLUFF.

Lore that is integral to your progression of your character through the game (such as your class story) is not fluff, any more then gear with stats on it (so you can fight effectively) is fluff.

Lore that is a stand alone disintegral element obtained by random chance off the CM and is in no way integrated into a character story arc, leads to special mission chains and rewards, or is required to progress a character through the game IS FLUFF, just as CM armor skins that look nifty by offer nothing other then niftiness is fluff.

Edited by Andryah

then whats the point in doing any quest in the game to learn about any story? lets all go to youtube and do something else like pvping or killing mobs to get levels, beacause we are clearly wasting time watching the story right?

Most quests in-game revolve around either, killing baddies, collection drops, using quest items or a mix of all 3. The Only quests in-game that should matter are the class quests and the main planet story quest. The side quests everyone eventually spacebars thru doesn't matter.

The point to doing worthless quests is XP and Rewards. Shure it's a fancy cutscene about the Shroud doing /flex but in the end it provides nothing worthwhile to remember other than a xp or valor boost.

that my point here, i dont get how they even try to justify those datalogs being in the CM, as they have many times defended the CM based that it was all fluff, and now the word fluff is being bend and now englobes Lore.

The only person bending the word fluff is you, and a few others who for whatever reason insist that a cutscene that is disintegral to your character is material content.

IMO, this is just another attempt to go /hate on the CM content. Any chance to declare CM content as not-fluff, so you can rally the crowd into rebellion about the CM.

Tell you what... when they add a new chapter for character story that is CM only, or even a planet mission chain, I'll stand next to you and help you fire the artillery. Until then....it's all just Chicken Little-Part_Deux.

Edited by Andryah

I find it ironic that anyone in this forum would use one of the most complained about aspects of the game (travel) and declare it as magically converting fluff to non-fluff.

Fluff with breadcrumbs that you follow around the Galaxy is still fluff. Oh... wait.. did you gain mission experience from following the breadcrumbs..... or unique rare and desirable lore based gear or items????

As far as I am concerned, Lore that adds nothing to the progression of the game, or playable content IS FLUFF.

Lore that is integral to your progression of your character through the game (such as your class story) is not fluff, any more then gear with stats on it (so you can fight effectively) is fluff.

Lore that is a stand alone disintegral element obtained by random chance off the CM and is in no way integrated into a character story arc, leads to special mission chains and rewards, or is required to progress a character through the game IS FLUFF, just as CM armor skins that look nifty by offer nothing other then niftiness is fluff.

by your own definition, class quest are and are not required lore get your facts straight, because we can all pvp and progress to endgame, also you just need levels to do World quests, so youre telling me that all of the events that happen on all planets are fluff? and that makeb is Fluff? its not an armor andryah, and those were not made by the CM market team, this is not a common MMO, it does not resolve only around items, it is Story based, again read what youre posting and stop trying to desperatly defend this, and to me 9 logs(as they are reported to be 9) feels like a small quest chain.

PS: stop with the progress thing because as i said, you do no need to see any story to progress to endgame.

I'd like a reward I can actually use on my 55s please.

Me too. I don't pvp and XP boost doesn't work on legacy XP afaik. Very disappointing "reward" from an artifact item, whichever way it was obtained. :(

I do appreciate the story bits, but I would never have paid any money for them, real or virtual.

Edited by KyaniteD

The only person bending the word fluff is you, and a few others who for whatever reason insist that a cutscene that is disintegral to your character is material content.

IMO, this is just another attempt to go /hate on the CM content. Any chance to declare CM content as not-fluff, so you can rally the crowd into rebellion about the CM.

Tell you what... when they add a new chapter for character story that is CM only, or even a planet mission chain, I'll stand next to you and help you fire the artillery. Until then....it's all just Chicken Little-Part_Deux.

nope, the only person doing that is you, this is no Chicken little or whatever you want to make up, you do not see me hating the CM or real fluff stuff, also Cutscenes are not fluff, not matter how small they are, again in your definition all World quests is disintegral to our characters, even makeb since its only a world quest, get your facts straight and stop the "oh its fine youre going overboard" act.

PS: you do rather wait and see they selling bigger story stuff to the market then offer feedback now lol? that says a lot about you.

by your own definition, class quest are and are not required lore get your facts straight, because we can all pvp and progress to endgame, also you just need levels to do World quests, so youre telling me that all of the events that happen on all planets are fluff? and that makeb is Fluff? its not an armor andryah, and those were not made by the CM market team, this is not a common MMO, it does not resolve only around items, it is Story based, again read what youre posting and stop trying to desperatly defend this, and to me 9 logs(as they are reported to be 9) feels like a small quest chain.

LOL... Wut? Stop running in circles and claiming I have said things I have not said.

How about you read what I am posting instead.

Do you know the difference between integral to the game and disintegral to the game? Get back to me when you do.. OK. thanks.

Fluff is disintegral to the game in that it is not required to progress through the game. It there for players to self-edify in the game lore, costumes, etc, etc.

PS: stop with the progress thing because as i said, you do no need to see any story to progress to endgame.

If you are claiming that you can spacebar through story... OK.. but then that makes your precious random and disconnected cutscenes even more fluffy and devoid of game substance.

If you are claiming that you do no have to do PvE missions to progress in the game... OK... but then again... you have just trivialized your precious cutscenes to nothing again.

PvE missions, both class, and side missions, are a primary progression tool in the game for players to take their characters from 1-55. Stop pretending they are not.

Edited by Andryah

PS: you do rather wait and see they selling bigger story stuff to the market then offer feedback now lol? that says a lot about you.

Dude... they already stated that these trivial stand alones are as far as they will go via CM.

Chicken LIttle: The sky is falling... the sky is falling.

Reality: The sky is not falling

Sohaim: see they selling bigger story stuff to the market....see they selling bigger story stuff to the market

Reaity: They already declared they are not going to

PvE missions, both class, and side missions, are a primary progression tool in the game for players to take their characters from 1-55. Stop pretending they are not.

So let me get this straight

progression missions = lore

not progression missions = lore but fluffy lore?

LOL... Wut? Stop running in circles and claiming I have said things I have not said.

How about you read what I am posting instead.

Do you know the difference between integral to the game and disintegral to the game? Get back to me when you do.. OK. thanks.

Fluff is disintegral to the game in that it is not required to progress through the game. It there for players to self-edify in the game lore, costumes, etc, etc.

If you are claiming that you can spacebar through story... OK.. but then that makes your precious random and disconnected cutscenes even more fluffy and devoid of game substance.

If you are claiming that you do no have to do PvE missions to progress in the game... OK... but then again... you have just trivialized your precious cutscenes to noting again.

again, read what you post, you said that what is INTEGRAL, meaning that http://www.thefreedictionary.com/integral, now go and read that, so the one running in circles is you, because anyone can level through pvp lol, therefore making those world and and even class quest fall into Lore, that falls into fluff, they are not, they are the same as all companions side-quests, are those fluff too? should new companions side quest be sold in the CM ? please andryah read what you post, i never SAID that i space bar, youre the one twisting words here, my point here is to show that based on what you say, to progress to endgame, you do not need to take any world quests or any other side quests apart from the original planet, all you are doing is trying to defend this move to the point of calling Lore fluff.

Sadly, by then it will be to late. The overreaction the cubes provoked is to stop what you say (CM-only full fledged quests) from becoming reality

again, read what you post, you said that what is INTEGRAL, meaning that http://www.thefreedictionary.com/integral, now go and read that, so the one running in circles is you, because anyone can level through pvp lol, therefore making those world and and even class quest fall into Lore, that falls into fluff, they are not, they are the same as all companions side-quests, are those fluff too? should new companions side quest be sold in the CM ? please andryah read what you post, i never SAID that i space bar, youre the one twisting words here, my point here is to show that based on what you say, to progress to endgame, you do not need to take any world quests or any other side quests apart from the original planet, all you are doing is trying to defend this move to the point of calling Lore fluff.

Read what I post, and stop lecturing me to read what I post. I know exactly what I posted. You on the other hand have devolved into circular diatribe. If you need me to clarify something I wrote, fine, just let me know specifically what confuses you. But don't sit there and declare in long run on sentences what I wrote when you are clearly at odds with my stated position on the topic. It's dishonest on your part.

Dude... they already stated that these trivial stand alones are as far as they will go via CM.

Chicken LIttle: The sky is falling... the sky is falling.

Reality: The sky is not falling

Sohaim: see they selling bigger story stuff to the market....see they selling bigger story stuff to the market

Reaity: They already declared they are not going to

really, you just took one my phrases and edited to suit your argument without a proper quote? haha that must be a joke right, just give up, youre running in circles, those cutscenes are the same as all companions quests, do we need them to progress in game? No. Are they lore only?Yes. Are they fluflf?NO!, and on that phrase i typed to you that instead of provide helpfull feedback you do rather wait and complain to other who move to offer information, those small cutscenes are the same as companions, so again i ask, is it fine if next one is Companions quests? because it is lore and it is small chains...

Sadly, by then it will be to late. The overreaction the cubes provoked is to stop what you say (CM-only full fledged quests) from becoming reality

^ This. This is what this whole discussion in about. And fluffy lore (really can't comprehend this) or other arguments won't change this.

Edited by Mike_Bluesky

I think this was understood and didn't really require further explanation.

What does need further clarification is just waht you define as exploitative behaviour here.

My example

I obtained all 4 cubes, wit the primary objective of using them to obtain a nice credit bonus on any alts I created.

I did not create any new alts just to get the credits. I did run through my existing characters (all who where of a level to go to Nar Shaddaa and quest)

I planned on using these on any further characters i produced in the same manner (but, did not plan to make alts just to get the credits)

Is this exploitative?

I cannot see how it is as its just using the items in the manner which they are designed.

And, a further question

As I purchased packs just to obtained these, and spent cc on unlocks to use them across my account. Will there be refund/compensation as I cannot now use them in the intended way?

it's called "ha-ha we've got your money and CC lolz lolz lolz" - BW

If they put a pretzel in the cartel packs.. people would over-react and declare that they are taking over real life super markets.

I tip my hat to you for correctly characterizing the forum behavior as "overreaction". :)

Forum hyperbole and overreaction is what I am most likely to engage in discussion in the forums here. I guess I have a soft spot for trying to assist in treating lunacy. And it's like a predictable tide in the forum. It ebbs and flows. A few weeks ago it was Dyes. Currently it's "OMG they putting story in the CM nao!!" Next week it will probably be "OMG they putting pink bunny slippers in the CM! It should be a world drop! oh nooz!!!"

Where did I say this?

You are trying way too hard here MB.

you said that in Page 6 right on this quote, where you claimed that lore that is integral progress your game and even pointed out Class story are.