Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unassembled Component Changes in 5.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unassembled Component Changes in 5.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rantboi
08.04.2017 , 03:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Is this a joke? For people who do their dailies every day, they are receiving an increase of ZERO Components. This directly contradicts your very first bullet point.

I know your reply will probably be "but we improved the components for ranked" but not everyone enjoys ranked and queues for it hardly ever pop. Why are you trying to force people into playing ranked?
they probably think that players are stupid and wouldn't notice, that everyone would just be like yaaay 14 more for weekly, thanks devs ^_____^

Foambreaker
08.04.2017 , 03:11 PM | #12
So every two weeks I can buy one item, one tier.

4 tiers * 14 items * 2 weeks = 112 weeks to gear to 248

Less RNG which is ?

TUXs
08.04.2017 , 03:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
they probably think that players are stupid and wouldn't notice, that everyone would just be like yaaay 14 more for weekly, thanks devs ^_____^
That HAS to be it...I can see no other rational. I'm in shock lol.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ZeroTypeR
08.04.2017 , 03:19 PM | #14
So, the ranked gets a huge increase and unranked gets nothing: The 2 amount decrease for dailies ends up being the 14 amount increase that the weekly gives, which basically tells me not to bother going higher than 230 gear, or to even bother trying to gear my alts.

wainot-keel
08.04.2017 , 03:23 PM | #15
Your "changes" for unranked stink. GG

OneHit
08.04.2017 , 03:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As we have mentioned a few times over the past couple of weeks, we are planning some Unassembled Component changes in GU 5.4. This thread is to outline the exact changes you can expect. We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:
  • Increase the overall Components a character can get each week via Missions.
  • Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.
  • Shift some of the rewards from the Daily Missions into Weekly Missions so it is less punishing if you miss a day.

With that in mind, here are the specifics!

Unranked - Overall, Component rewards earned per week unchanged.
  • Daily Mission: Now rewards 10 Components, down from 12.
  • Weekly Mission: Now rewards 54 Components, up from 40.

Ranked - Large changes were made here to really amp up the value of Ranked Missions.
  • Solo Daily: Now rewards 15 Components, down from 16.
  • Solo Weekly: Now rewards 100 Components, up from 30.
  • Group Daily: Now rewards 30 Components, up from 20.
  • Group Weekly: Now rewards 200 Components, up from 60.

It is worth noting that the Command XP values of almost all of these Missions have also been buffed. The same is true of the Ranked Season Tokens that you earn from the Ranked Missions. Those are the Mission changes you can expect for Ranked and Unranked coming in 5.4. Thanks everyone.

-eric
This is good

Kurj
08.04.2017 , 03:26 PM | #17
This is ridiculous and will do nothing but force unranked players into ranked, which will do nothing whatsoever to improve the experiences of players.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Dekibra
08.04.2017 , 03:31 PM | #18
Seriously?!

- basically no UC gain for unranked
- players are kinda forced to play ranked (I won't for sure but still ... I can imagine that the 'quality' of solo ranked will decrease drastically )
- no change of the cost for the unassembled gear pieces

Thanks BW, now I'll finally stop playing PvP for good

Icykill_
08.04.2017 , 03:37 PM | #19
Queues ranked and proceeds to afk in the corner 🙄

The idiocy of this idea and also the fact that they have left regs as they are will only devalue Ranked even more. Participation is great if it is for the right reason. participation to get numbers, only waters down the value of ranked and will encourage trolling etc etc etc ...

I feel bad for any remaining ranked players who actually care about their ranking.

Bioware you need to stop shooting off your toes or you won't be able to stand up anymore,
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

JediAkemi
08.04.2017 , 03:38 PM | #20
This cannot possibly end well.