How is pvp on this server?

Aewu

There's a couple of PvP guilds. Like SatedBuffulo said, queuing is pretty hit and miss.

If you're looking to solely PvP, you'd be better off on The Bastion or Prophecy of the Five. If you're looking for the community of an RP server and possibly RPing, but like to PvP... Well obviously this is your best bet. :p

Like many have said you want to get in with pre-made groups... solo queing is dependent on which groups you actually get.

There are a few remaining all pvp guilds but there are also some RP-PVP focused guilds as well, it is all dependent on what you are looking for.

If PVP is your primary style of play I wouldn't bother with it; this server saw ALL of the competitive PVPers leave with server transfers. I'm not saying there isn't good PVPers, or even decent PVP guilds, but the PVP scene itself is pretty terrible here. There's only one guild off the top of my head that even tries to facilitate a fun, competitive environment and that's Silent Council. The other PVP guilds are the people who refused to transfer to the PVP servers with their original guilds, or they did but have already transferred back because they couldn't hack it.

If you want to trade wins and grief scrubs this is the place to be; otherwise you're better off never giving it a second thought.

Edited by Inflicktion

Competitive PVP is non-existent.

There are solid PVP players, there will be awesome teams once 4v4 Arenas come out.

PVP is fine, the only thing we lack is a Ranked 8v8 scene. In WZs you'll find everyone from the most elite to the worst scrubs, but at least people aren't as nasty as on servers like POTz5.

Ranked Happens every Monday and Wednesday around 9-9:30 EST. Overall we have had a growth of teams running since server transfers. Overall this server brings out the best PvPs and the worst PvPs. However most of ranked games have been really fun.

I agree. Much more ranked happening, new teams, etc. When you say nearly all the talented guilds transfered away, I believe your're referring to 3 guilds and their counterparts.

GG/Guerilla, Hex/Zen, and The Watchmen. Maybe a few smaller others, but a lot of people stayed here, and many of the players from those guilds still have alts they play on this server. There is still high talent with guilds like PM, Regulators/z, Republic, The Core, Army off the Light/Sentinels of the Gray (same guild?), Nemesis, and of course the massive amount of great solo-queuers from SC.

With all this, we have competitiveness. Sure, PoT5 is competitive, but there is not much community. The Bastion is slightly better at that but, eh. Besides gen chat on PoT5 is troll filled, as is all other aspects of the server, lol. Community is the *strongest* and *best* part of PvP on the Ebon Hawk.

If you pug, especially on the rep side, this server ranges from "meh" to "absolutely god awful." I mean, occasionally you'll luck out and queue in with a few players that you recognize and can find their backsides with both hands, but usually pub pugs run around like headless chickens. What's truly maddening is when your team loses to opponents who are deeply mediocre, and you know if you just had one or two other people you'd kick them halfway across the map. I always say I'm never going to pug here again, but every couple of weeks I get bored and end up doing it (and hating myself for it, lol).

Servers like Pot5 are: 1) full of truly horrible people, 2) full of rage quitters that drop at the first sign of trouble, and 3) have their share of bads too. And yet, at least the pops happen fast and while there's derp to be had there are so many players that you're not stuck in the queue with the same 5 dps that can't break 80k damage in a fifteen minute voidstar. Overall, the player skill level is just higher over there, which makes pugging more palatable, if you can handle being surrounded by immature idiots.

Edited by Prisoner

If you're on pub side, it's pretty awful. It's almost comical how bad pub side is these days. I've been solo queuing on pub side and most of the time if there isn't a full premade on the other side my team can steal a win or 2. Having said that, PVP is more loose now that a lot of the elite pvp'ers left to join pot5. The Community overall is better here and I think as long as people are willing to learn and improve their class it will get better here too.

If you pug, especially on the rep side, this server ranges from "meh" to "absolutely god awful." I mean, occasionally you'll luck out and queue in with a few players that you recognize and can find their backsides with both hands, but usually pub pugs run around like headless chickens. What's truly maddening is when your team loses to opponents who are deeply mediocre, and you know if you just had one or two other people you'd kick them halfway across the map. I always say I'm never going to pug here again, but every couple of weeks I get bored and end up doing it (and hating myself for it, lol).

Servers like Pot5 are: 1) full of truly horrible people, 2) full of rage quitters that drop at the first sign of trouble, and 3) have their share of bads too. And yet, at least the pops happen fast and while there's derp to be had there are so many players that you're not stuck in the queue with the same 5 dps that can't break 80k damage in a fifteen minute voidstar. Overall, the player skill level is just higher over there, which makes pugging more palatable, if you can handle being surrounded by immature idiots.

Five DPs under 80k in 15 minute vs? Our server is not that bad pub or imp side.

Next time it happens, I'll be sure to take a screenshot and post it up. I have no doubt that it will because having between 4 to 6 low scoring dps isn't exactly rare (yes even that low) and I've witnessed derp fests like that several times. How they do it I have no clue. You think just spamming a basic attack would give more dps than that.

You think just spamming a basic attack would give more dps than that.

It does. Probably pretty near 100k at least, probably closer to 150k or 200k.

Bads who get 80k aren't using all their GCDs. Like ever, basically. And the depth of that failure is just... so hard to comprehend. >.<

Lowbies, but pretty much what you were talking about...

http://i.imgur.com/aBmQffn.jpg

Can't take too much from that... had to be a super short match if no one did more than 20k healing and you died only 6-7 times and killed only 5-6...

Not to make excuses, but much of the time people show up late to a match because of quitters, and end up artificially low on the meters... The other thing is node guarding... I can't tell you how often my assassin will hold a node the entire fight and have maybe 200k damage because I'm only picking off people trying to solo cap the node.

A better metric is when you see one player with like 2-3x the number of deaths as everyone else. They are either... A. trying to 1v3 the other teams node, B. are geared in low level greens, or C. still haven't figured out why Dora and Boots haven't made it to Play Park

Can't take too much from that... had to be a super short match if no one did more than 20k healing and you died only 6-7 times and killed only 5-6...

Not to make excuses, but much of the time people show up late to a match because of quitters, and end up artificially low on the meters... The other thing is node guarding... I can't tell you how often my assassin will hold a node the entire fight and have maybe 200k damage because I'm only picking off people trying to solo cap the node.

A better metric is when you see one player with like 2-3x the number of deaths as everyone else. They are either... A. trying to 1v3 the other teams node, B. are geared in low level greens, or C. still haven't figured out why Dora and Boots haven't made it to Play Park

We didn't have a healer, hence my gunslinger having the highest healing. Also, there weren't quitters as you can see there's 8 team members. Regardless, 5 players not breaking 80k, despite a somewhat short match is pretty pathetic.

I don't have a problem with the node guard who gets attacked once in the game or the person who queued in late because of quitters (or more likely on rep side TEH, starting short by two or three), but that's not what happened in the games I'm talking about. How do I know this? Because I'm a healer and I always have the ops frame up (hell I keep the ops frame up when I dps too, just so I can see if the guard is taking damage because I'm paranoid about puggers not calling out incs). I'm always keeping an eye on where everyone is and how many people we're staring with. I'm talking five players who played an entire game - all of whom are low on dps, low on objectives, low on healing and low on protection. One I can see. Five? That's just abysmal.

I never used to see that kind of hardcore bad before server transfers opened up. Not that there aren't still good players on this server, because of course there are, but the fact that I've seen a handful of games with numbers like this in the 55 queue tells me that we've reached some kind of critical mass where the derps massively outnumber the competent.

Edited by Prisoner

I don't have a problem with the node guard who gets attacked once in the game or the person who queued in late because of quitters (or more likely on rep side TEH, starting short by two or three), but that's not what happened in the games I'm talking about. How do I know this? Because I'm a healer and I always have the ops frame up (hell I keep the ops frame up when I dps too, just so I can see if the guard is taking damage because I'm paranoid about puggers not calling out incs). I'm always keeping an eye on where everyone is and how many people we're staring with. I'm talking five players who played an entire game - all of whom are low on dps, low on objectives, low on healing and low on protection. One I can see. Five? That's just abysmal.

I never used to see that kind of hardcore bad before server transfers opened up. Not that there aren't still good players on this server, because of course there are, but the fact that I've seen a handful of games with numbers like this in the 55 queue tells me that we've reached some kind of critical mass where the derps massively outnumber the competent.

Yeah, like I said, I have seen plenty of bads... Like the Jugg tank who ends the match with <200k damage and 0 prot... But I've also seen people get bullied over DPS meters when they were doing their job better than the DPS leader who was just running around attacking everything and not helping with objectives at all.

Yeah, like I said, I have seen plenty of bads... Like the Jugg tank who ends the match with <200k damage and 0 prot... But I've also seen people get bullied over DPS meters when they were doing their job better than the DPS leader who was just running around attacking everything and not helping with objectives at all.

Usually I'll focus on objectives but there are a few instances where I've been guilty of ignoring them for the sake of deathmatching.

1) O'b'two is on the other team, I enjoy listening to his comments and the only way to do that is focusing him constantly

2) Nillard is on the other team, I get a cookie every time he rage quits. :D

3) There are those times where I just want to kill people (Because why else would BW give Powertechs a spammable retractable blade unless they intended us to STAB ALL TEH THINGS!)

Thinking about transferring...help me out please.

Honestly, being that you run into the same people who look at guild tags, I transferred off this server, after all the people from Bastion transferred onto it (And I am very happy I did). I went to PoT5 and the Republic PvP is 100% better than the Republic PvP on this server. Be aware also of the guilds you get in, because you will have people chasing you around the WZ because your guild *** owned them in RWZ (they will take it out on all their unsuspecting members).

I agree. Much more ranked happening, new teams, etc. When you say nearly all the talented guilds transfered away, I believe your're referring to 3 guilds and their counterparts.

GG/Guerilla, Hex/Zen, and The Watchmen. Maybe a few smaller others, but a lot of people stayed here, and many of the players from those guilds still have alts they play on this server. There is still high talent with guilds like PM, Regulators/z, Republic, The Core, Army off the Light/Sentinels of the Gray (same guild?), Nemesis, and of course the massive amount of great solo-queuers from SC.

With all this, we have competitiveness. Sure, PoT5 is competitive, but there is not much community. The Bastion is slightly better at that but, eh. Besides gen chat on PoT5 is troll filled, as is all other aspects of the server, lol. Community is the *strongest* and *best* part of PvP on the Ebon Hawk.

I'm in Regulators and on PoT5 and I can tell you bro, it's more trolling now on Ebon Hawke than it is on that server. I have toons on Bastion to and while I can honestly say there are PvP people still giving the good go , in PvP, most of Bastion's PvP guilds tranferred over to Ebon Hawke, because it is easy pickings (the guilds that I belonged to, most leadership and people that left said so" Imperial side").