New level 50's have little chance in PVP

Talizzar

Level 10s used to fight geared 50s. It is not the end of the world and it does not take much time to get enough gear to significantly shrink the gap.

Depends on your bag luck.

Mine has been ****, my team loses most of the time to premades, so obtaining new bags is slower than the premades that are farming everyone. They race to the top, and the new guys get to have "fun" getting their asses farmed.

Good times.

Edited by Circuits

You're going to have to pay your dues. That's just the way it is with a MMO.

Welcome to the layer cake.

I do, $15 a month.

They need valor tiers. Put the basement dwellers in their own sandbox so us moderately casual people (who are the bulk of the playerbase) can enjoy the game unmolested.

The mythic side of EA mythic is rearing its ugly head...

Wow I am really perplexed at the human psyche. In a premade before brackets there was an idiot in an Aussie guild called one blood main character named Harkonen who said "levels and expertise don't matter idiot, where are my f__ing heals@" and now we see people calling for a nerf on expertise and level brackets which are now implemented.

You know what though? The people in vent chat agreed with harkonen because he was a loud foul mouthed bully idiot. Why is the voice of reason won over in forums but in smaller groups people seem to follow the most loud mouthed idiot?

There is a reason why lvl 10's can compete against lvl 49's it is called bolster and the worse your gear the more bolster you got, however you don't have all the abilities that the lvl 49 has.

We didn't need another WOW clone. Skill should be the number one contributing factor to winning, not a pile of gear.

My Jedi Shadow is going to be ticked off when she has to abandon her dancing girl outfit for PVP gear.

Really pay your dues its may be fine if you were 50 before 1.1 you have your gear.

those new to 50 will be months to get geared so will allways be behind while you that had it much easer

Edited by Wapofoc

RPGS include character progression. Unless you want to strip out ALL levels and gear from SWTORO, it won't make a dang difference. Instead of those with pvp gear stomping you, it will be the people with Raid gear stomping you. You want completely even "pvp" where no one person ever has any advantage over another? Play a FPS - and even then, most FPS have a progression where those who play more get the most tools/kits to outplay the competition.

In a competitive environment, SOMEONE has to lose, and with most people's mindset now-a-days, they never lose because they got outplayed, but because someone had some type of unfair advantage. You know that guy who complains constantly in general during a pvp match, crying that every class is op, or everyone is playing unfairly? Yeah, that guy makes up 80% of the tear-filled posters here.

It bothers me how a company that has made quality games in the past and has all the resource to make better ones today failing so hard at this simple task.

This system isn't unforgiving. It's stupid.

I've got rolled on pretty hard before in WoW because of the idiotic cross-realm that pits Naxxramas farm guild (vanilla wow) against Tier 1s, but this cuts the cake.

Dragon Age 2 sucks, this game sucks and let's hope Dragon Age 3 will redeem BW reputation.

Thats all good and all but when you "Pro's" ***** because the new 50's cant hang... then it becomes an issue and nobody like listening to people who 50% of "Spolited" to get their ranks ***** while the other 50% actually had to work for it.

And what dues did the first wave of 50's pay? Face rolling lowbies in wz till it was bracketed to 50 yeah those are some hard dues. Exploiting illum, swapping valor, taking advantage of jumping out of wz in the first week for increased gain? Those dues? Like I said the dues the first 50's paid are kitty piss compared to what people have to face now. Have fun ******* over your bm gear while everyone either quits or rerolls constantly.

LOL!!! Gear progression? No even. The gear has taken all skill away. the 49 and below bracket anyone has a chance to win. Skill wins in a head up match. 50 WZ goes to the gear. I'm a newer 50 who had absolutely no problems while leveling. Now that I'm 50, it's 3 hits and I'm done. I'm a sorcerer and have tried all 3 specs. DPS isn't enough to take a geared person down, if I can stand long enough. Healing, what a joke, doesn't happen.

The gap is so huge it's not even funny. 50+ is about gear and no skill. I can go through 2 spell rotation with out a kill. I get punched in the 3-4 times and die. Super fun. I have been through 12 bags with only 1 piece to my name and enough badges to get a relic. Ooooh. What a reward. Mind you any commendations usually come from losses.

All the morons saying people are complaining because we have no gear were able to farm for it when no one was geared. Only 1 person rerolled and noticed he can't hang with gear.

Funny how gear has replaced talent for pvp in this game. Super awesome fail bioware. Your launch was subpar and is not growing. Time for a new think tank.

They should make it so warzones have it's set gear for classes.

2 or 3 types of gear that compliments the trees of each class, which allows the player to choose one, and enter the game.

Therefor you can pick any set of gear, and it will be more fair for everyone.

Then if you play like crap, only you are to blame.

No expertise needed.

They should make it so warzones have it's set gear for classes.

2 or 3 types of gear that compliments the trees of each class, which allows the player to choose one, and enter the game.

Therefor you can pick any set of gear, and it will be more fair for everyone.

Then if you play like crap, only you are to blame.

No expertise needed.

That would be amazing. Maybe someday they'll make a bracket like that, but I think too many people like getting gear for them to eliminate it from PvP. Sadly, many people just won't play if they're not getting rewarded.

Edited by Lymain

What is going to run people out even faster is when a new level 50 hits the pvp world and his damage is like attacking a knight with spit wads.

The blatant valor farming that has been allowed to go on has made it nearly impossible for someone without much gear to compete. I watched 3 people attempt to kill one well equipped player and he laughed it off.

Here is the reward for making 50....You now suck....

A month or so from now when you are geared it will be ok for you to have gear and the new lvl 50's will have to suffer right LOL!!!!!

then quit...plain and simple so the people who actually enjoy gear progression and working for what we get can play in peace.

What is with people, constantly using 'working' to try and bolster their fragile ego and justify the amount of their life they spend with their fat asses glued to a pizza encrusted chair, mindlessly hammering keys waiting for the 'mmo cheese' to feed them.

It's a game, a pastime, in which everyone who pays to play it should have an equal opportunity to enjoy it, irrespective of whether they play 1 hr a week or 15 hrs a day. I'm sick of this elitist attitude of no life gamers and the companies that feed their addictions. To be honest I don't know which is worse :confused:

There is a reason why lvl 10's can compete against lvl 49's it is called bolster and the worse your gear the more bolster you got, however you don't have all the abilities that the lvl 49 has.

Tiny correction- bolster only depends on your level. If you have good gear for your level, you get more out of bolster. It doesn't help with bad gear. However, in the 10-49 bracket, there's no ultimate set of gear that is hard to obtain and that half of the people can't realistically have. Everybody can realistically get something close to the best possible gear for his level. Until you hit 50, when you suddenly have to grind for a week or two to maybe only get one piece (depending on rng luck). To make matters worse, the only thing you can do after your PVP dailies that still improves your gear reasonably fast is grinding PVE gear, to at least replace some of your mods with those from PVE dailies or hardmodes. (You can of course play warzones for half a day to buy one additional bag, but if you already feel it's no fun without gear, you won't do that... and if you do it, congratulations, you're most likely going to be one of those guys who only go for medals before trying for the objectives.)

What is with people, constantly using 'working' to try and bolster their fragile ego and justify the amount of their life they spend with their fat asses glued to a pizza encrusted chair, mindlessly hammering keys waiting for the 'mmo cheese' to feed them.

It's a game, a pastime, in which everyone who pays to play it should have an equal opportunity to enjoy it, irrespective of whether they play 1 hr a week or 15 hrs a day. I'm sick of this elitist attitude of no life gamers and the companies that feed their addictions. To be honest I don't know which is worse :confused:

So much is said right in this post /applaud. I might have to sig some of that.

I, for one, am voting with my wallet. This game is a massive let down for anyone playing republic. Lack of proper population balancing (my pre-order guild assignment went onto a server with a 6:1 empire:republic ratio), lack of proper pvp design (farming level 10s for gear before brackets - farming level 50s with that gear after), and lack of any pve content at 50 that doesn't take hours and hours to set up due to lack of tools to facilitate organization have combined into a perfect storm of "another dead wow clone" proportions.