This game possibly has the worst UI of all time

Kwll

Seriously there is a lot to like about this game but how can you have an interface where you can't move all the items in it to where you like? Also, whats with all the interface bugs. Why can't I heal in a Warzone because my group mates health doesn't update? Little things like this are going to cost this game big time if they aren't fixed ASAP. They are almost inexcusable really. Edited by Kwll

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the UI is pretty utilitarian right now but there are a lot of really good examples out there that I'm sure BW is looking at. I don't know where they got their info but some posters here have said a new UI revamp is in the works to be ready after the holidays.

*fingers crossed*

I agree, this UI is abhorrent. I love the rest of the game to pieces but can't get over the horrid UI. The UI is thankfully not a game breaking issue for me, but it doesn't make me happy either. It COULD turn into a game breaking issue if it doesn't see any improvements over the next few months though.

The UI Is not that bad, aside from some text size issues i found it OK i guess from the hardcore pvp/raider perspecitve maybe its not the best in the world but honestly i find it easier to use then Galaxies interface was so for me its good enough :-)

UI is an issue for myself as well. As well as not being able to permanently rebind my keys to what I want. Being able to setup the UI bar would be wonderful for me. Just that would be a MAJOR improvement.

I use the Logitech G13 for my MMO play, I find it works very well for how I like to play as it gives a large amount of buttons to use for the skills that are available. I don't need dps meters or the like, but the ability to move stuff around and customize the look would be a wonderful improvement.

you can move the chat box if you drag with by the tabs.

but i agree, the UI blows. You need to be able to move EVERY window. and I hate how if I open my inventory and then I open my map, it closes my inventory. Let me open as many windows as I want and move them around as much as I want. Windows will block the chat box and i have to close the other window to be able to see chat. its very annoying.

Edited by Feyero

Is people so bad at gaming that require everything in a silver plate? Mods, Custom UI, we didn't have any on that nonsense before and we managed.

Yeah, I remember the days when a difficulty setting was toggling a switch, and we had ONE BUTTON!

Why not go back to those days?

dude give this game a break, it has not even released officially yet. I am sure that they will let people mod or have tools to be able to change the UI.The UI is not bad,you are just probably used to the WOW UI or how they let you change it to what you want.Remember this game is still NEW, WOW has had time to fix the UI, and people to make better a better UI

just give it time, it will be fine.

Is people so bad at gaming that require everything in a silver plate? Mods, Custom UI, we didn't have any on that nonsense before and we managed.

I played EQ1 from release. That's when you had the tiny little viewfinder port with a bunch of UI all around. I believe you had 6 hotkey buttons to use. Was it bad? Yes. Did I mind it? No, but I have gotten spoiled. I have toys and I want to be able to play with them. I've seen what good UI design can look like. I want to be able to customize my UI experience. Apparently Bioware agrees as that is on their todo list.

dude give this game a break, it has not even released officially yet. I am sure that they will let people mod or have tools to be able to change the UI.The UI is not bad,you are just probably used to the WOW UI or how they let you change it to what you want.Remember this game is still NEW, WOW has had time to fix the UI, and people to make better a better UI

I've paid for it and it's in my hands, and the 2 doctors posted a Welcome to the launch of the Old Republic at the start of early access. The game is officially launched.

You are most likely correct in that. We want to keep this in the forefront for them as we see it as something that we would really like to have. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm not standing on my head screaming about the UI.

I do grumble under my breath when I can't have my hotkey display setup how I like it, but I can deal with waiting for them to polish that part of the UI up. I want a modable UI, but I don't want something slapdash either.

Also, PLEASE add global rebinding to your list Bioware. My toomanyaltitis will love you forever.