Working The GTN

Jedi_Knight_Jess

Working on my mara toon, and picked up slicing, salvage, and bio for my gathering skills- crafting is fun, but gathering is a bit easier lol

Anyways, how does one make a profit on the gtn? I had a few successful sales and some failures

Ok example, my mara has about 20x desh in the invo and some roots for biochem.... the gtn will say to sell the desh for like...137 credits....do I use that price or make up my own?

Also....when my slicing, now in the 40's.... will that guarantee me better grade lockboxes in the future?

Working on my mara toon, and picked up slicing, salvage, and bio for my gathering skills- crafting is fun, but gathering is a bit easier lol

Anyways, how does one make a profit on the gtn? I had a few successful sales and some failures

Ok example, my mara has about 20x desh in the invo and some roots for biochem.... the gtn will say to sell the desh for like...137 credits....do I use that price or make up my own?

Also....when my slicing, now in the 40's.... will that guarantee me better grade lockboxes in the future?

The best thing to do is:

Slicing: Use the lockboxes missions till you get to 400. Each lockbox will give you slightly more money than the mission costs, with the profit increasing at higher levels.

So heres the missions to do:

Not-available-through-overworld crafting skills (e.g. Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting, Investigation)

First off, I'd recommend NOT getting investigation unless you're leveling a trooper or something and want to make your own barrels. Now, for what to go for

1. If Companion Affection is less than 10k and you want the boost, do the companion gifts missions to get their affection up. DO NOT use this for money, as its a very poorly paying industry

2. If doing Underworld Trading, do not bother with luxury fabrics. They are only used by synthweavers for the purpose of making crappy blue/green/purple non-moddable armor, and as such should be avoided.

3. Do not bother with lockboxes for these mission.

Now for crafting skills with nodes on the overworld (e.g. Artifice, Scavenging, Bioanalysis, Slicing)

Only send out missions for mats that you can not buy normally. Lockboxes are allowed, but a bad example for something to go after for good profit would be anything you can buy from the crew skills vendor.

Finally, how to sell your goodies:

What you do is go to the GTN, and shift-click your item while the buy window is open. This tells you how much they are going for. Now sort Cheapest -> Most Expensive for Cost Per Unit. Take 5% off the lowest (and I like to round it off to a nice number, e.g. a cost per unit of 600 would be put up by me at 575 per unit, as the 6% tax rounds it off to 540 per unit. If you were selling 20 of these, you'd sell it for 11.5k, and get 10,810 for it after tax) and put it up for that much each. Now worst case scenario, the other people buy it off you and sell it for what they want, but even if that happens you still win!