Get some one to address this with the community @TaitWatson

Escariat

This much uproar. People leaving in droves and you do not say a thing . Quit being the petulant child that just got caught in the cookie jar denying what you just did. Get off your asses and be adults and let the community know that you made a mistake and promise to fix it in the future. Or tell us this is what you actually want so we can just get up and leave like many already have. You messed up something that many people love dearly and you are willfully silent about it. Whoever decided on this continued course of action should be the laughing stock of your next board meeting.

Get a Clue and say something to the forum readers about what you are going to do to. No cryptic twitter posts just get on the forums and be open and forthright with your community. .

i find it funny that they responded a lot in the thread where people were asking about comms / credits conversion rate and when........ and so many RNG related topics just get ignored. like... they always say they read the forums, so why exactly it doesn't feel like they do? 0.o come on BW show us u care for once :p

They already have and you are not going to like the response.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/02/swtor-knights-of-the-eternal-throne-launches-today-we-chat-with-bioware/

They are going full bore with this system and who cares about subscriber loss over it. If you watched the livestreams for 5.0 you will know this is Ben Irving's baby. So this system isn't going anywhere regardless of the number of sub losses, player anger, bad press on the MMO sites, or the criticism coming from their most supportive fansites (up until this point).

In that article, you just have to love the comment at the end from MassivelyOP:

"Flexibility and learning from mistakes really appear to be the theme of this latest expansion. But ultimately, the answer to the question of if the developers have actually learned their lesson is up to you."

Even the MMOsites are seeing the complete deaf ears of the folks in Austin!

Edited by Wayshuba

I am glad to hear of the growth and the ability recognize the mistakes of the past and learn from them

Utter B>U>L>L>S>H>I>T they NEVER EVER learn from them

We’re very flexible in those things. We want everyone to have fun playing the game, and we think adding this system contributes to that because you’re ultimately getting much more loot much faster than you did before.”

Wow this place really smells now, so much B>U>L>L>S>H>I>T flying around, these clowns obviously do not learn, or have no intention of learning, same thing I guess at the end of the day. They keep making changes that THEY think improves the game, funny that every time no playing the game thinks so.

i find it funny that they responded a lot in the thread where people were asking about comms / credits conversion rate and when........ and so many RNG related topics just get ignored. like... they always say they read the forums, so why exactly it doesn't feel like they do? 0.o come on BW show us u care for once :p

You must be new here.

Flexibility and learning from mistakes really appear to be the theme of this latest expansion.

Looooooooooool.

We kind of put that down

We are kind of in the era

So we are kind of moving away from that strategy

What kind of moron can be so *********** unable to prepare for simple interview?

The uproar is quite big, but you never know the numbers. Many people say they unsub, but then they still have the sub running and may decide to sub again in a month or 2, you never know.

Hard to say about those ppl leaving then, mainly if they announce interesting stuff in january stream.

This reminds me of the political situation in my country, the government is soooo corrupt that its all too obvious and people are raging, but in the end all the politicians have to do is be silent and it all passes by. In the end you have a corrupt government and people not carrying anymore as there is nothing they can do. The same situation is in the game, people can unsub, but mostly dont really want to :D

Edited by majopucik

The uproar is quite big, but you never know the numbers. Many people say they unsub, but then they still have the sub running and may decide to sub again in a month or 2, you never know.

Hard to say about those ppl leaving then, mainly if they announce interesting stuff in january stream.

I felt a bit like this as well. Even though I unsigned, my sub won't end untill December 31st some have subs running for 6 more months. Unsubbing won't really hurt Bioware when their subs are still active, especially as theres still a chance they might return when their sub actually runs out.

This much uproar. People leaving in droves and you do not say a thing . Quit being the petulant child that just got caught in the cookie jar denying what you just did. Get off your asses and be adults and let the community know that you made a mistake and promise to fix it in the future. Or tell us this is what you actually want so we can just get up and leave like many already have. You messed up something that many people love dearly and you are willfully silent about it. Whoever decided on this continued course of action should be the laughing stock of your next board meeting.

Get a Clue and say something to the forum readers about what you are going to do to. No cryptic twitter posts just get on the forums and be open and forthright with your community. .

They won't respond/talk to us until mid to end of January. Like every other year they drop a big patch before December and then run off and hide till the beginning of the next year hoping any backlash has died down by then.

Edited by Darkside

This reminds me of the political situation in my country, the government is soooo corrupt that its all too obvious and people are raging, but in the end all the politicians have to do is be silent and it all passes by. In the end you have a corrupt government and people not carrying anymore as there is nothing they can do. The same situation is in the game, people can unsub, but mostly dont really want to :D

As for January livestream and the group content, this is from the interview:

“This time around we have things like Uprisings, which are four-player group content, that will eventually have three challenge modes,” Irving explained. “The hardest one being a really difficult challenge that we only expect the top tier of our players to be able to beat. We have the Dark-vs.-Light system with new world bosses that spawn that will require 8 to 16 players to defeat. [There are] things like repeatable chapters that let you relive some of your favorite moments as the Outlander. You can expect more of that stuff in between. We already have more Uprisings planned to come out in late January or early February as well as the harder difficulty modes that I mentioned before for things like Uprisings.”

“. We already have more Uprisings planned to come out in late January or early February as well as the harder difficulty modes that I mentioned before for things like Uprisings.”

Great, more 15 minutes of wave after wave of mob thrown at you. More group junk food. More chicken mcnuggets.

But no real group content, because FPs and Ops require some time to design and build. Uprisings are much simpler. Just set up a generic arena and throw generic mobs at players. Then hype it all up and sell it as "epic".

At this rate 6.0 will bring command boxes in the cash shop.

Gotta get the money from somewhere.

At this rate 6.0 will bring command boxes in the cash shop.

Gotta get the money from somewhere.

Nope. My bet is that is coming in February. They are going to have to do something to make up for the big decline in paying subs to cover with the execs at EA when they ask why the revenue is tanking so bad.

lol yeah just now another "stacking" exploit oh man, they never learn.

No mate they don't whats this like the 10 one,. how *********** stupid do you need to be to do the same mistake over and over

Edited by Nemeses

No mate they don't whats this like the 10 one,. how *********** stupid do you need to be to do the same mistake over and over

I've been thinking about this, I no longer believe this is down to stupidity.

It's down to just not caring.

My guess is that BWA has already been told when the plug will be pulled, they've been asked to a) keep their mouths shut, and b) deliver some kind of "new content" to make it look the game still has shelf life; and in return for that they will be paid through to the "end of contract" no matter how bad the player feedback is.

So we have Galactic Command and Uprisings (minimal development effort group content) and that delivers a massively increase grind, so they than add grind reduction to the store and there'll be some ongoing revenues. But they (the Devs) and the game itself are just making time. A last cash-grab and then done.

I hope I'm wrong - but the writing is on the wall, and its even more obvious than Kaliyo's tag in Anarchy In Paradise.

All The Best

Well, you know the saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

What? You mean you all did see this single response from Tait buried in a tiny thread on this very important topic?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9147346#edit9147346

wait till enough ppl leave the game and they start wondering what went wrong then we might get some answers as for me im just waiting for sub to end because 5.0 is not worth a sub in it's current state

You;ve never seen an MMO close down, have you? It's never the companies fault. It's always "different goals" or "important tasks" for the employees and buzz words like that. (I'm fuzzy today. I can;t think of the words.)

You only see the players and sometimes third party press talking about if players revolting causes a game to shut down.

Edited by dr_mike

This isssue is most long term subs since launch have been paying 3-6 months in advance and we are sort of stuck till they run out. I've cancelled mine, my wife's and my girls. 3 subs cancelled, but paid up till March. I'm the only one still "sort" of playing out of the 3 of us and I used to play everyday for 2-8 hours. Now I'm playing 1-2 hours every other day.

Most of the time I just log off in disgust.

I didn't want to unsub, I loved this game, but they continually go out of their way to make something worse in each expansion. One step forward, two steps back.

I would resub if they were to fix it and also publically acknowledge the mistakes and apologies to the community. A bit of humble pie would go a long way in my book.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What? You mean you all did see this single response from Tait buried in a tiny thread on this very important topic?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9147346#edit9147346

LoL, working as intended, then why not share it with us over the 4-5 week lead up to the expansion or put it in the patch notes.

More like we f'd up again and can't be bothered fixing it because it will have no effect on anything. So we'll just say it's working as intended and pretend we did it for you :rolleyes: