Merge Patch 2.3 and 2.4

SchubSchub

Why not? Just merge patch 2.3 and 2.4 and have a 16 week break.

We know PvP and PvE is created by two separated teams, so there should be enough time to finish 2.4 until august. Then the PvP Players will be happy again (depending on the PvP content ;-) ).

I'm no PvP Player and I can count with my two hands how many raids i've done. But I like this game and I know that this game will only be a success if there are enough players who p(l)ay. I can understand that the PvP players are frustrated because the last PvP patch was in dezember.

So just merge these two patches and tell the community that there will be a 16 week break instead of a 8 week break before the next patch comes and we will understand it. Only a few people - the ones who will always complain - will complain.

What do you think? I think that there is much content that could be released in the next time but to hold the 8 week cycle that content is hold back. That's also why I think it is possible to finish the PvP content until august ;)

We know PvP and PvE is created by two separated teams, so there should be enough time to finish 2.4 until august. Then the PvP Players will be happy again (depending on the PvP content ;-) ).

I'm no PvP Player and I can count with my two hands how many raids i've done. But I like this game and I know that this game will only be a success if there are enough players who p(l)ay. I can understand that the PvP players are frustrated because the last PvP patch was in dezember.

So just merge these two patches and tell the community that there will be a 16 week break instead of a 8 week break before the next patch comes and we will understand it. Only a few people - the ones who will always complain - will complain.

What do you think? I think that there is much content that could be released in the next time but to hold the 8 week cycle that content is hold back. That's also why I think it is possible to finish the PvP content until august ;)

Sure, they could do that.. and then they would have everyone cry and throw screaming hissys that there was no new content for 16 weeks when they said there would be new content every 8.

So just merge these two patches and tell the community that there will be a 16 week break instead of a 8 week break before the next patch comes and we will understand it.

haha Good one.

Because this community is so full of love and understanding :)

#1: Do you honestly think, that it is technically possible to fulfil your wish ? Do you believe, that those guys at Austin are just sitting around waiting for patch day, having the code all done anyway ?

#2: The vocal minority of paid complainers will be the start, but then everyone and their cat will start threads asking "Bioware, youz R teh failz! Y U NO bring patsch???111"

We know PvP and PvE is created by two separated teams, so there should be enough time to finish 2.4 until august.

More like finish 3.3.

You realize how far in advance MMOs are in relation to what actually goes live, right?

Edited by Machine-Elf

This might be a silly question, but could they bump up the PVP content to the front of the que to get it out first?

I doubt if they are deliberately holding back PvP content. I am sure it is not done or tested - they have no reason to withhold it.

I am sure people would give them a pass if they said "Hey all - we have patch 2.4 ready so we are going to deploy it immediately. This means there might not be one in August"

I doubt if they are deliberately holding back PvP content. I am sure it is not done or tested - they have no reason to withhold it.

I am sure people would give them a pass if they said "Hey all - we have patch 2.4 ready so we are going to deploy it immediately. This means there might not be one in August"

Not a chance. I would bet money that if they released 2.4 early people would be posting rage and unsubbing topics in august about there being no update

#1: Do you honestly think, that it is technically possible to fulfil your wish ? Do you believe, that those guys at Austin are just sitting around waiting for patch day, having the code all done anyway ?

#2: The vocal minority of paid complainers will be the start, but then everyone and their cat will start threads asking "Bioware, youz R teh failz! Y U NO bring patsch???111"

#1:

Yes, Sir. I think it's technically possible. I'm working in the IT project business and I know how the wind blows.The PvP team knows they have still time until september/october. Yes, that doesn't mean they are sitting around and waiting for patch day but maybe it means that some of the pvp team members have to help the other teams, or have to work on something different which is not so important or anything else....let's say I don't believe that the pvp team needs nine or ten month to create content (last wz was in dezember and 2.0 had 'only' the new bolster/competence function).

#2:

There will always be someone who complains or the 'Y u NO' fraction. No matter if they merge the patches or not. But if they merge and make an officale statement we can post this statement in every rage thread and take the wind out of their sails.

I still believe that most of the pvp players will become happy if their patch is released sooner and I also believe that it's possible. ;)

What's your opinion?

I think they are holding back content. In August last year you were able to play the Ancienct Hypergates at the GamesConvetion in Germany. Everybody who played it said, that it 'feels' finished. Nevertheless we had to wait until dezember...maybe the new space missions weren't finished.

Rembember, they told us to release content earlier if it's finished (at least a former german CM told us that in an interview) but that never happend...

Do you understand what I mean? (sry my english used to be much better :( )

Edited by SchubSchub
avoid double posting

#1:

Yes, Sir. I think it's technically possible. I'm working in the IT project business and I know how the wind blows.The PvP team knows they have still time until september/october. Yes, that doesn't mean they are sitting around and waiting for patch day but maybe it means that some of the pvp team members have to help the other teams, or have to work on something different which is not so important or anything else....let's say I don't believe that the pvp team needs nine or ten month to create content (last wz was in dezember and 2.0 had 'only' the new bolster/competence function).

Well, I am working as a software engineer including but not limited to 3D-serious gaming (Unity3D)... If any project manager in our company would come to me and tell me, that the deadline was changed to 8 weeks earlier, I would ask them where the extra manpower would come from and how he believes, I can manage to do my job and at the same time babysit a bunch of people, who do not know jack about the project and who need a week or two before they even can start on getting productive.

You might cut 8 weeks on a project of several years, but you cannot just cut 24 weeks to 16 or 16 to 8. That is simply not possible, unless you believe that there are lots of people just getting paid to do nothing right now.