0 for 9 in warzones tonite.

Yohimbine

Like the title said not one lvl 50 win all nite. I was top damage almost everytime, not many were even close on my server (excluding the imps). All the "regulars" were not there from the republic side, im afraid they left. I decided to try my lvl 20 alt and went >75% wins. Something has changed and it is not for the better. I had little enjoyment tonight.

u can do 999k dmg and still lose becoz Wf is not about dmg

but solution is same old ..... get a good premade team

Damage is not everything unless your a dps class. The "regulars" as i mention are not to be found to group with. Try again.

Top damage is nothing if you're not focusing healers, not interrupting, not using CC properly, if you're breaking others CC, if you're just spamming AOE, etc.

Nine times out of ten the "Top damage" is the most useless player in a Warzone.

Top damage is nothing if you're not focusing healers, not interrupting, not using CC properly, if you're breaking others CC, if you're just spamming AOE, etc.

Im a dps scoundrel, we have little aoe. CC is our main option. Plus i usually get 50-75k healing on the side.

I always do the most damage in WZ's, and I am close to always the MVP.

People are just too dumb to realize this, and think that because I do damage I can not possibly have contributed anything to the game whatsoever.

I love peoples logic, its mindboggling.

Edit: On topic, I win more WZ's now then I did pre-patch, rarely ever lose any games anymore when playing solo. Playing with my premade is still the same as before, stomp everything.

Edited by Ghingis

Focus the healers, lol...

Unfortunately the OP is mostly right and people want to get in semantics over it. Obviously WZ's are objective based, but trust me if your team deals low damage, they're not going to kill the opposing team. Couple this with the fact that these players also likely do not know how to focus fire and you have a lose-lose situation.

DPS reigns supreme. If the top 4 players on the opposing team are all putting out 500 dps and focus on single targets, that is 2,000 DPS coming in. My guess is their burst is actually higher than this.

I have healed over 500k in a match and tend to have an average HPS in these cases of around 500. Against the above DPS values, I will go down like a wet sack, and more often than not I am the only healer in a WZ. Even 2 healers couldn't stand up to that when you add CC into the equation, along with sluggish game response.

I typically get focused down by quality pre-mades in 2-3 seconds.

i won every WZ today that i entered and the best that i did as a shadow tank was

411k dmg (the most, higher than any dps)

48k protection (2k from another medal :(

60k healing (i do not use medpacks in bgs that was all from telekenetic throw/ FiB heals)

and i got a whopping 11 medals which was 5 more than the second highest.

how was all of that possible?

i had great healers on my team which i guarded nonstop, i did my area taunt every CD, i CCd anyone even trying to use a heal and it also helps that i took all of the tank mods/enhancements out of my champion tank set and switched them with the mods/enhancements from the champion dps set.

i use spinning kick RELIGOUSLY every CD i kick someone else in the face.

then with guarding people i get the 5% dmg increase which is brutal.

my defenses are so low its not funny but essentially i am a really beefy dpser. i last much longer and destroy the infultrator/balance and their sith counterparts with ease and have dps on par if not higher than theirs. my crits may not be as high but i crit regularly and unlike the infultrators, my dmg isnt mostly weapon dmg which can be shielded.

trust me.

if you find a style that works for you you will start to enjoy pvp much more.

you dont have to find a group or always join a pre-made, i solo que every match that i enter, and its never a problem.

who knows the republic side on my server may just be better i cant say but if you want to try it out just ask. re-roll an alt on it and work it up to 50 when you want to and see if its a difference.

Hedarr Soongh.

we have great republic pvpers and we are still outnumbered by imps at least 3:1 so ques are really fast.

It is annoying when people with 3x the damage of others have done 'nothing' to help the team.

People are killed as a result of damage.

More people killed = less people to oppose you from progressing on Voidstar.

More people killed = less people to stop your ballcarrier on Huttball.

More people killed = less people to defend a point/attack the point you're defending on Alderaan.

You'll see those with high damage have many kills and little deaths, this is good. It contributes directly to lessening the opposing teams players so they can't bother you. You have a harder time capturing Huttball if your DPS hasn't melted the enemy, you have a harder time capping a flag or defending one if you don't have a DPS melting the enemy, you have a harder time capturing a door on Voidstar if your DPS aren't putting the enemy back behind the forcefield.

DPS also landing AOEs split the enemy up when they run to get out of the icon on the floor, focus firing makes them run away and leaves the group the rest of your group are dealing with smaller. I dps a target down until he runs back and instead of following I switch to another and DPS him down, it makes my group have an easier time of dealing with the group in front of me.

Of course it helps the team. Your team has a much easier time in the warzone if everyone on the other team is dead and stuck behind a forcefield.

Well you are wrong, on Voidstar and Huttball dps has nothing to do with final result.

In voidstar you can have all your dps killing opponents left and right and let stealther sleep and bomb objectiver. The point of this WZ to disrupt opponents while it does involve some damage you need only token damage to win it as a defender and dps in short bursts as an attacker.

For Huttball passing team > dps team all the time.

Only Alderan more or less requires good dps.

The great equalizer in Warzones was the fact that an overpopulated faction had more lower levels running around and had a higher chance of getting stuck with those lower levels since you can't 8-man queue. Since that change, the faction with more people in expertise gear has a much higher success rate than they did before further emphasizing the faction inbalance. I think I'm about 12-3 vs. Republic since the change.. and like 5-2 vs. Imperial in huttball or something like that. Used to be a lot closer to 50/50 chance at winning vs. Republic. Edited by Semitote

Well you are wrong, on Voidstar and Huttball dps has nothing to do with final result.

In voidstar you can have all your dps killing opponents left and right and let stealther sleep and bomb objectiver. The point of this WZ to disrupt opponents while it does involve some damage you need only token damage to win it as a defender and dps in short bursts as an attacker.

LoL, he is not wrong, if you have 2 teams of bads playing each other then sure, you can just play interrupt all day. If the attacking team has high dps to focus fire you down, then your "defense" will simply be sitting in the time out box. Yes sometimes you will get lucky and can drop back down into the fray, but again if the enemy has significant dps from all players, you will get burned down in 1-3 seconds and they will walk up to the door and cap it.

LoL, he is not wrong, if you have 2 teams of bads playing each other then sure, you can just play interrupt all day. If the attacking team has high dps to focus fire you down, then your "defense" will simply be sitting in the time out box. Yes sometimes you will get lucky and can drop back down into the fray, but again if the enemy has significant dps from all players, you will get burned down in 1-3 seconds and they will walk up to the door and cap it.

Not if the high dps players play dumb.

I've seen it before and i'll see it again. Entire team has top 2 or 3 and even 5 damage dealers and still loose because instead of worrying about the objective they go and chase kills.

Now if your talking insane difference in damage dealing sure you might have a point, but that rarely happens anymore especially with a pure 50 bracket. Truth is having the top damage dealers is not a guaranteed win.

DPS has a lot to do with the result. If your team can't kill the ball carrier how can you get the ball back? DPS is still an important factor in huttball.

Again in voidstar, interrupting is important but so is DPS. If you can burn them down they you won't even need to interrupt.

DPS is of course not the only factor but its overlooked by a lot of people it seems.

As a defender unless you are vastly superior to attackers, you won't be able to kill them fast enough since they can be back right in the mix.

Indeed I've seen this very often, top dmg in Voidstar and didn't get past the first door.

As for killing ballcarrier indeed you have to kill him, but he will die under focus fire (once again we are not talking about insane difference here)

DPS is very important in all three Warzones. In the majority of my WZs, I am either 1 or 2 on top damage. Here are my thoughts on DPS in WZs:

Huttball: DPS is very underrated in here. I've lost too many games where the only reason we lose is because nobody else on my team can do enough damage to outdps one healer on the ball carrier. It's so frustrating losing Huttballs where I have 350-400k damage and my next closest teammate is anywhere between 100-150k.

You know what makes Huttball even more annoying? When the enemy team figures out that I am doing the most damage and am the biggest threat, they all begin to focus me down right away and ignore my low dps teammates. I pop my defensive CDs, LoS, use my biochem stuff, and grab the health pickups in the corners to live as long as possible. By doing this, I am distracting 2 or 3 enemies by causing them to stop to try and kill me thus giving my 7 other teammates a good 20-30 seconds of time to run the ball or kill the ball carrier without the help of the 3 enemies hitting me. This is even better if you can distract these enemies in an obscure part of the map where the ball carrier is nowhere near. This means I'm usually also in the top 1 or 2 of damage taken (which can be seen by hovering your mouse over the "Deaths" column). Losing a Huttball when you're doing the most damage and taking the most damage always irks me.

Voidstar: While you do need DPS here to kill the enemies fast enough before the next wave of respawned enemies comes, DPS isn't as important since you do need at least 1 or 2 people at each door to watch for stealths. However, as I just said, if your team isn't doing enough damage to kill enemies near the doors in time before the next wave of enemies spawns and runs down to support, you're never going to defend all the doors.

Alderaan: DPS is pretty much the same as Voidstar. You need to be able to kill the enemies around a Turret fast enough before respawning enemies make it back in time to interrupt your capture or to support their allies. At the same time, you need to be watching for stealth to ninja the Turrets.

Edited by copasetic