Please do something for the mandalorians. ((Maybe a new expansion based on them))

Rhys_lightning

Personally through Onslaught, there has been some improvements based upon the options made. But however I still don't approve on some cases, some of in relate to the mandalorians, as they're still kept on shelf as player choice, not faction choice.

For starters Onderon, I feel annoyed as that Republic side get the quest of hunting down rogue mandalorians by the request of mandalore, while I felt that mission should be put on for Empire, for if we recall, one class can be a mandalorian and it would feel more fitting.

And with now the choices of resuming as alliance commander or returning to your faction. I see one flaw in which involves the mandalorians. The Republic in default should/cant accept them, based upon by these reasons.

1) History/actions: As we recall the actions the mandalorians have done to oppose on the republic based on their war like culture. The Great sith war, when the Mandalorians allianced with Exar Kun. The Mandalorian wars, when the mandalorians began there crusade and conquest on many worlds and are at war with the republic. The mandalorian blockade, when the mandalorians made the alliance with the Empire, there blockade placed a tight hold on the republic when Hylo Viz stopped them. The Sacking of coruscant, When the mandalorians aided the Sith Empires attack on Coruscant.

Now why would the Republic would want people based on those actions to join them? It be against of what the republic believes in.

2) The current Manda'lor: While i'm not saying Shae vizla should join the Empire, there is a reason of why she may not want to side with the republic either, based by her actions and crimes, mostly the events on alderaan, and too the sacking of coruscant, personally I can see the republic would do anything to arrest her.

3) Nothing in common: As the republic and the Jedi try to keep the peace, mandalorians do not, as they fight for honor and glory and conquest (or if needed I suppose wealth). For even 'if' the mandalorians somehow choose to side with the republic, they would be enforced peace laws, in which would violate there culture and teachings, in which would too destroy mandalorian culture.

4) Timeline: Even SWTOR is non canon, is still does not mean history has to be altered, as through history the mandalorians have never made any alliances with the republic, altering this could make alot of confusion/history change in the swtor story, like a non canon non canon.

And I do apologise to Bioware if read this, but this all became a giant mess when doing KOTFE, now I know you're trying to get it back to the old ways of republic versus empire, but please try and get it properly back, as it would be out of Lore and history and logic for the republic and mandalorians to work together.

Personally I would love in future a possible expansion in relate to the mandalorians, maybe show there home worlds? like Mandalore and concord dawn, or the moon Concordia, whether it be something in relate to a weekly planet story mission, or part of a next expansion. I would love to see something to show more of mandalorian content. Nostly either it being mandalorians are re arming themselves and perhaps starting another conquest or war, while the republic tries to stop them, and if want to get back to old ways, perhaps the Empire trying to offer the mandalorians the re alliance of the mandalorian sith alliance, as the sith and mandalorians have least two things in common, Conquest, and glory.

I do hope they make a new expansion with a bit more mandalorian theme and excitement as how the mandalorians series is making excitement. :)

I was thinking the same. Could be great to get on the wave of the new TV series making a Second Mandalorian War, with Shae Viszla as the new Mandalore. Or something simpler, it's not necessary a full expansion. It could be an update like JuS, with some choice at the end to let them join the Alliance. Edited by LordVitalus

You can never stop our battle cry"! Oya Oya Oya Oya Beskar Beskar Beskar!!! xD

thats not a battle cry! But a mating call! XD

eww lol

on Topic, they had their chances in the chapter about the Mando . I remember posting something about it in the Suggestion Box . I was late of course, but hoped they do something that up the Mando to what they are supposed to be .

I mean, I saw more of the cultures of the Mando back on Kotor 2 , then in this game and it let me play as a Mando (well you are treated like a Merc but with the Label of Mando , which is the issue ) .

I love Shae Vizla , but man that chapter with her..I was hoping to see her regain some of the awesomness I got a glimpse of in the attack of coruscant Trailer...instead, they made her all undecided with some loud mouth rambling on..

If it was canderous ? he would've shot that guy in the mouth , the sec he opened his mouth .

I haven't watched this Mandolorian Movie or whatever (Dont tell me to), but all I heard so far it sound very positive .

BW doesn't seem too keen on jumping on the movies back of star wars and make something for the occasion, to celebrate and bring some joy in here . So I doubt they do anything .

But one can still wish....

What mandalorian culture there basically mercs I do not even get their concept of honor. What does honor means to them for example when they break said honor there is no repercussion at all. For example the smuggler has an companion who is an mandalorian who mate was killed by an corrupt imperial official and honor and culture dictates that her clan has to take revenge but they refused breaking said honor(her clan was killed an her husbands clan refused to honor tradition and get revenge). They are still mandalorians there not an exiled clan and nothing bad happened to them. If the honor an culture of mandalorians is so paper thin can it be called honor? Edited by adormitul

What mandalorian culture there basically mercs I do not even get their concept of honor. What does honor means to them for example when they break said honor there is no repercussion at all. For example the smuggler has an companion who is an mandalorian who mate was killed by an corrupt imperial official and honor and culture dictates that her clan has to take revenge but they refused breaking said honor(her clan was killed an her husbands clan refused to honor tradition and get revenge). They are still mandalorians there not an exiled clan and nothing bad happened to them. If the honor an culture of mandalorians is so paper thin can it be called honor?

I aint an expert, far from it . But personally, I always though they were nothing but BIG BULLIES .

"Here's why you can't exterminate us, aruetii. We're not huddled in one place—we span the galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we can certainly kill you."

―Mandalore the Destroyer[src]

I mean, I remember when they attacked the Cathar . They launched a war against 1) Innocent peoples who had no idea they are about to die . 2)They claimed they hear rumours and launch attack based on said claim . Exemple: Mando heard broccolee the vegetable make you dishonorable if you eat it. Here you find a whole group of Mando squashing Broccolee on some guy field, and he is standing there wondering what the hell is wrong with them ?

At least that was my take from hearing their attack on the cathar .

The planet of Cathar was devastated by the Mandalorians during the Battle of Cathar, leading to the enslavement and near-extinction of the Cathar species. Over 90 percent of the species was killed by the Mandalorians in the battle.[6] The few survivors were forced to flee off-world to survive. After the Mandalorian Wars, Cathar began to resettle their world. By the time of the Galactic Civil War, it had fully recovered from the damage the Mandalorians had done.

I hate the term 'Honor' anyway . Every time someone use the word 'Honor', it just a substitut word for 'My Pride, My arrogance..'' .

It's a lie of course, they are just bloodthirsty bored need a job to feel useful Merc .

Near the end of the battle, Cassus herded the surviving Cathar into the ocean and ordered that they be killed. One Mandalorian objected, saying the Cathar had already been defeated. But Cassus said the battle was about revenge, and he intended to kill all Cathar on the planet. He then gave the order to have the remaining Cathar killed, and the Mandalorian who objected died with them.[3]

They have lore and cultures, but it's meaningless when you find out they are honoreless dogs, begging to be leashed and sent against something to tear down .

if you read here: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalorian/Legends

It does seem that 'Later'. they tried changing their way, but somehow there is always one d-che that disagree and cling to the 'old ways' and drag those like him in an old fashioned honorable war for the sake of lolz.

I guess they are interesting to read about at least, bloodthirsty and tribal like but with guns and a big body count .

Some peoples want to play as the Mando, I'm happy being a Merc without the bloody baggages .

• 2 weeks later...

Rejoining your faction also gives citizenship, and immunity to past crimes. Both side are aware, that you have people of the opposite faction.

Mandalorians opposed everyone at some point. They don't really care who they fight for as long as there is a fight. Republic, or Empire doesn't matter. They don't like either side. The only reason they join anyone is, because they aren't strong enough alone. Also in KOTOR2 you can make an outcome where Mandalore allies with the Republic.

I think, that Mandalorians could get a special story, if peace happens. A temporal peace, or the defeat of a major faction. Simply the situation of not having official enemy.

Then I guess we need a Twi’lek expansion, a Mirialan expansion, a Sith (race) expansion, a Chiss expansion...see where I’m going with this? The Mandalorians are a race...I’m not against some Mando themes, but honestly if they make a Mando expansion it’s going to be the player base against this Mando group of NPCs and guess what? The Mandos lose that fight...”this is the way” with MMORPGs...every new villain loses. #spoilerwarning

So...what you’re asking for isn’t possible because it doesn’t matter one bit to players that don’t care about being Mandalorian.

What does matter and always matters is the conflict between the Republic and the Empire, the Jedi and the Sith. Light vs Dark.

There’s good news though! On Disney+ you can watch a series about a Mandalorian (kinda) and get all your Fando kicks watching it. 👍👍

About the whole joining the Republic thing...I'm pretty sure this was already discussed in another thread, but I'll say it here too. Most of your points, if not all, don't actually make sense.

As someone who saved the galaxy after KOTET, I think the Republic would be more than happy to welcome a Mandalorian into their fray, especially if they think your character can help them win the war. Also, Mandalorians respect strength above all, something the character can find in either faction (if you really want to go in-depth about it, they would find more of it in the Republic since before the Eternal Empire appeared, they were the ones winning the war.)

Mandalorians joining the Republic is also nothing new. Many Mandalorians have worked with Jedi before and deeply respected them as we can see in the Revanite questline of DK and many other instances.

If you actually knew the lore, you'd know that there was a massive fight between Mandalore and Jicoln Cadera, exactly bc one of them wanted the Mandalorians to side with the Republic instead of the Empire. The only reason why the Mandalorians in-game are a part of the Empire is bc of Mandalore's choice. If Jicoln had won, they would've joined the Republic.

And I do apologise to Bioware if read this, but this all became a giant mess when doing KOTFE, now I know you're trying to get it back to the old ways of republic versus empire, but please try and get it properly back, as it would be out of Lore and history and logic for the republic and mandalorians to work together.

I personally think they work much better as they did in KOTET, a supporting cast, complementing the narrative. You can't just expect them to make an entire expansion that just caters to one story, in this case, the Mandalorians. Especially, when being a Mandalorian is only available to 1 out of 8 classes and, not even all bounty hunters are Mandalorians.

Overall, I think it all comes to, why not? Why stop players from being able to choose which faction they want? Why take away even more agency from the player's choice? If you don't want your Mandalorians to join the Republic then don't.

Edited by JJKerryee

Rejoining your faction also gives citizenship, and immunity to past crimes. Both side are aware, that you have people of the opposite faction.

Mandalorians opposed everyone at some point. They don't really care who they fight for as long as there is a fight. Republic, or Empire doesn't matter. They don't like either side. The only reason they join anyone is, because they aren't strong enough alone. Also in KOTOR2 you can make an outcome where Mandalore allies with the Republic.

I think, that Mandalorians could get a special story, if peace happens. A temporal peace, or the defeat of a major faction. Simply the situation of not having official enemy.

Well actually not quite, they only helped the Jedi exile, not the republic, as the mandalorians were stilltrying to hide there numbers, as when the battle on the ravager began Mandalore (canderous Ordo) said and quoted "Do the republic forces suspect"? in which he is trying to hide his mandalorians from the republic still, cause during that time if the republic did find out, they may try stop the mandalorians again worrying they're trying to remake another war