Not getting it...

lucazzy

You did a Beta to test how big the server populations could be.

You knew you would be inviting X amount of people to the game every day for a week, plus the big amount on official launch day.

So on paper, you should be able to have all the info you need to figure out how many servers you need to add every day to ensure that we don't have wait times and over population.

...What the hell happened?

I love this game. But I waited for an hour to get into my server! How, BioWare? How?

You did a Beta to test how big the server populations could be.

You knew you would be inviting X amount of people to the game every day for a week, plus the big amount on official launch day.

So on paper, you should be able to have all the info you need to figure out how many servers you need to add every day to ensure that we don't have wait times and over population.

...What the hell happened?

I love this game. But I waited for an hour to get into my server! How, BioWare? How?

Really? Did you consider that no amount of planning can make people spread themselves out over the available servers? The populations are excessive on some servers, but not all. And they're adding more as needed in cases where all of a type of server in an area are full. But they can't do anything about every kid wanting to be on the same server as every other kid. No way to plan for that. They can't do anything about people complaining about overcrowding yet refusing to move to an underpopulated server.

I played on prime time for 2 days now and have yet to experience a que, lag or unstable server.

If ques bother you that much why did you choose a heavy loaded server? The game is still young so starting on a new lighter loaded should no be a problem for you. the number of characters you are allowed in this game is very generous so take advantage of it!

I played on prime time for 2 days now and have yet to experience a que, lag or unstable server.

If ques bother you that much why did you choose a heavy loaded server? The game is still young so starting on a new lighter loaded should no be a problem for you. the number of characters you are allowed in this game is very generous so take advantage of it!

My entire guild was assigned the server we're on now. We had no idea it would be as popular as it is now because no one knew.

Not going to abandon our friends to be forever alone like other people. Sorry.

ITT: People QQ'ing over the fact that some servers are heavily populated, but won't switch to a different server, only adding to the overpopulation.

Congrats guys, keep it classy.

AND in doing so, totally destroying the whole "create your guild before the game opens and it will be in game waiting for you" setup that Bioware had going.

I'm not even effected by that, I'm un-guilded, but even I can see why you guys are not even thinking before you type.

Is this the new topic of the day to whine about?

yes it is..

and likely all of the servers will experience a drop in population in a month or so.

I imagine all of those .I am canceling my pre order whiners will end their early access and then never play again ( one could hope ) but likely like most games the server cues will die down in a bit. shrug.

when people say re roll on a new server you do realize that you do not have to delete your main character right? just gives you something to do when the servers are bogged

AND in doing so, totally destroying the whole "create your guild before the game opens and it will be in game waiting for you" setup that Bioware had going.

I'm not even effected by that, I'm un-guilded, but even I can see why you guys are not even thinking before you type.

No amount of logistics would have told them which servers will be populated. They spread the guilds out based on information provided.

So whining is making you look like a complete moron.

Greetings

We understand that the server capacity and queues can be a source of frustration. Our teams are constantly monitoring the situation. We currently have a thread discussing this topic and ask that you continue the conversation here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=42699. We will now be closing this thread to help keep the forums organized.