Marauder or Operative

koreydrice

So I am currently leveling a Marauder, lvl 23, and an Operative, lvl 40. I am having a hard time picking one for a main in pve and also pvp. I am loving both classes for many reasons and I have always been a melee type of person. What the issue I am having is the bad wrap against ops for being bad in pve ops. I know where is a buff coming in 2.6 but I am still having a hard time picking one to main. Any insight and advice would be helpful. Thanks

So you even have the slightest need to be a healer or love stealth, go Operative. If you just want to dps and only dps, go Marauder. That being said, nothing is stopping you from playing both.

I usually level 2 classes at the same time. Get bored of one for the moment? Switch it up with another class :)

So I am currently leveling a Marauder, lvl 23, and an Operative, lvl 40. I am having a hard time picking one for a main in pve and also pvp. I am loving both classes for many reasons and I have always been a melee type of person. What the issue I am having is the bad wrap against ops for being bad in pve ops. I know where is a buff coming in 2.6 but I am still having a hard time picking one to main. Any insight and advice would be helpful. Thanks

A good marauder still tops a good operative DPS wise in end game, especially lethality is highly viable for end game pve and yes you have the option of going heals when needed.

In PVP Ops DPS can be a bit frustrating at times and very enjoyable at other times (rarely but it happens)... so lets see what the buff brings.

Just level both... both classes are really fun to play

If you like stealth, the ability swap to healing, and not being hit with nerfs every update then Operative. They are also getting a significant buff in 2.6

we had our fair share of nerfs in the past, at least the dps side, so it about time to get some buffs now :p

I have all 8 classes and I love my op so much I want to make a second, just so I'm not locked on fights.

Right now Ops just are slightly outperforming rauders dps wise, but with the upcoming nerf to orbital rauders will get back to being slightly higher. If you like swinging lightsabers, go rauder, if you like utility and being able to heal like a mofo when needed, go op.

Reference - DPS leader boards:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685275

Edited by KevMeup