I want a butt reduction!

Vurdikt

Ok, so the first time I put a robe on my Sith Warrior soon after release...I thought my toon had gotten cybernetic gluteal enhancements...which is cool I suppose. I mean he is a cyborg. But then I realized that all robes, on all characters who wear them, also have victorianesque style buttox (even non-cyborgs! ***). I then realized this was a bug. This effect only applies to body type 2. Why not roll with a different body type you say? Because I don't want to. I shouldn't have to reroll my character because of a bug. I've been patient. 1.1 and 1.2 came and went, with no fix to my massive buttox. I have had patience. I said to myself "1.3 is the big one. Surely they will fix something as minor as this right?" Well 1.3 has came, and my a** is still large and in charge. Why? Is this intentional? Will it ever be fixed? I know it may seem like a minor issue, but myself, and likely many other players, like the traditional look of a Sith in black robes. I don't want my Sith to wear armor that looks like it came out of WoW in space. Please fix.

Sith Warriors have to launch themselves quite a large distance through the air over and over again. Hell of a workout, gets you some muscular overdeveloped thighs and booty :p

I'll have to check my chars, I haven't logged in to 1.3 yet...

This is a particular pet peeve of your mirror class, Jedi Knights:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43334

It is indeed an annoying issue that belted robes have, my male body type 1 Juggernaut has it too. :( I think it is a little more noticeable on the type 2 males though. Someday I hope they fix it! Though it seems to be their way of avoiding a certain type of clipping.

My two Jedi are male and use the body type 2 so have this bug. My inquisitor is female but uses body 1 and my warrior is also female but uses body 4. So no bug for them thankfully.

Apparently this has been known since before the game even released. I recall a developer called it the "Jedi bustle" or something like that. As to why this hasn't been fixed in the last 6 months ... who's to say. I guess other things have a higher priority. :rolleyes:

The odd thing is that if you preview the robes, they look correct in the preview, but are very wrong when you actually equip the item. So begs the question as to why this is. The correct model obviously exists if this occurs. I just avoid wearing robes on my two Jedi just so I don't have their bustles in my face. :p Rather limits what I can wear, but thankfully social gear is now adaptive. Considering shoving my knight into the Republic containment officer outfit. My consular I'm not so worried about.

Edited by guardian_titan

As odd as it is, I'm highly tempted to reroll on a different class for this reason. I guess part of the reason I like MMO's is aesthetics. And yeah I am sure they knew about this before release because this was present in beta. I've continued with my current class though assuming it would get a fix before too long. After all, as an above poster stated, the model must be in game because it looks fine in the character preview screen. After 6 months though I'm wondering if this is something they plan on fixing. If they are, I can have patience. If this is how they mean to leave it, I wish they'd say that so I could just reroll already. The only thing that's stopping me is the prospect of relevelling and regrinding all my pvp gear :-/

A "barber shop" will come, eventually - I think you could switch body types then, too.

My Marauder's body type 1 butt looks good in leather pants. Fun thing is I'm getting most of the butt shots in the cinematics, too - it's become a running gag in my party. :p