About Zash. (Mild spoilers.)

seedypete

Is it possible to side with her instead of Khem Val? I just started Chapter 3 and so far Zash has been a lot more helpful than the big guy, so I would kind of like to kick HIM out of the body and let her keep it. Or at the very least when I remove her drop her in a new body instead of destroying her. Is that possible? I've been mostly siding with her when they argue, which naturally kills my affection with Khem, but I'm hoping there's a payoff at some point. Or am I just pointlessly lowering his affection because I'm stuck banishing her no matter what?

It's silly. If you like Zash, you lower Khem's affection, which means that when you finish your class story, you don't have enough affection to start Khem/Zash's last mission.

And while you keep Khem's body, and probably affection rating, you do get the choice of giving the body to Zash, or letting Khem keep it.

Personally, I'm glad I got rid of the witch. I now have a completely loyal and obediant Dashade assassin willing to eat anyone for me.

Yeah, at least I believe so. I didn't follow that conversation route to the end though. I wanted my Khem back.

In Khem's last mission, you are basically trying to trap one or the other of them in a Rakata mind prison. Zash asks for your help so she can defeat Khem, and you can either feed her some of your power (which I assume stops Khem beating her and allows her to keep control of the body) or you can feed Khem some of your power (which lets him defeat Zash but he doesn't like), or you can tell Khem 'You deal with it, it's not my problem' in which case Zash gets trapped.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

Yeah, at least I believe so. I didn't follow that conversation route to the end though. I wanted my Khem back.

In Khem's last mission, you are basically trying to trap one or the other of them in a Rakata mind prison. Zash asks for your help so she can defeat Khem, and you can either feed her some of your power (which I assume stops Khem beating her and allows her to keep control of the body) or you can feed Khem some of your power (which lets him defeat Zash but he doesn't like), or you can tell Khem 'You deal with it, it's not my problem' in which case Zash gets trapped.

Interesting! Can anyone who's gone the Zash route in that last quest confirm that she gets to keep the body? I'd hate to side with her and have Khem win anyway, then spend the rest of the game with a sulking dashade following me around.

I don't know why you would want to keep the witch after what happened at the end of act 1.

Honestly I wasn't as offended by that as everyone else seems to be.

A) She's a Sith Lord, of course she tried to kill me, B) I wasn't surprised by it since people had been spamming "can someone help me kill Zash" in DK general chat since I first landed on the planet so I knew something would go down, and C) to be fair Khem Val tried to kill me too. So both of them have tried to murder me at least once, and she had a much better reason than he did. She was trying to save her own life, he just woke up in a bad mood.

Besides, she's been a lot more helpful managing my illness than he has. If I have to pick one to survive I'm going with the genius researcher with centuries of experience over the big dumb guy that just likes to hit and eat things.

Edited by seedypete

Confirmed. Yeah you keep Z in khem's body, even get a few new lines out of Khem when you click "him". To get to that point though you need to have Khem's affection OVER 9000! Yes, you really do need it that high.

Too bad we can't go back to Belsavis and talk to Mother, I'd bet she could make Zash a new body, or clone her old one. Was thinking of that the whole time I was in that area and hoping we'd get an option for it. Ah well.

Confirmed. Yeah you keep Z in khem's body, even get a few new lines out of Khem when you click "him". To get to that point though you need to have Khem's affection OVER 9000! Yes, you really do need it that high.

Too bad we can't go back to Belsavis and talk to Mother, I'd bet she could make Zash a new body, or clone her old one. Was thinking of that the whole time I was in that area and hoping we'd get an option for it. Ah well.

Either way that's good to know, glad I have SOME flexibility in my companions. Maybe somewhere down the line in an expansion you can buy a customization that would get her back to her old self.

I thought that too. Also wondered why we couldn't just kidnap some acolyte from Korriban and put Zash in them.

Food for thought

Zash mentions, after she takes the body, that she likes it, but that it is temporary until she can find the body of a force user. I sincerely hope they give us the chance (in additional content updates) to switch her out entirely. How nice would it be, if instead of a tank companion we could get a consular healer?

It is kind of silly that there was no way to simply get Zash a new body. Just use one of those champion Jedi (which you kill on daily basis) and a Rakata mind prison (which are dime a dozen on Belsavis) to facilitate the transfer.

I wish BW would let us do this. I'd love to give my Zash-val her body back! Could just airlock Khem's body or sell it on the black market. Zash could be a cool Sorc Dps companion. I'm tank spec'd which leaves me with 2 useless companions :confused: I'd atleast like to trade 1 in for something useful.

That would have been a great idea, and is just more proof that us players can outthink the devs in their own game, lol.

• 1 month later...

Just think about this for a moment. She tried once to steal your body, she still knows the ritual and has the knowledge to get rid of Khem's personality. Do you really think she's "learned her lesson" and will be good? No way, you let her stay and forever more you have to watch her like a hawk because you *know* it was your body she wanted.

Just think about this for a moment. She tried once to steal your body, she still knows the ritual and has the knowledge to get rid of Khem's personality. Do you really think she's "learned her lesson" and will be good? No way, you let her stay and forever more you have to watch her like a hawk because you *know* it was your body she wanted.

I agree I don't know whats with people wanting to keep zash around. She tried to steal your body/kill you and yet you keep her around plus she still knows the body switch ritual.

She also can't hurt you in that body, the Deshade force linking thing.

But~ even if you got her into an Acolyte of some kind... and she relearned what she needed, gained the power she needed... the Ghosts will just kick her out. lol, she'll bounce off into someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the people who are in favour of either one of them over the other. One's a body-stealing witch, the other wants to eat you. For all Khem Val's enforced loyalty, he's not a good person. He relishes in death and destruction, and deserves whatever ill fate he earns. :p

Zash was funnier, and a hell of a lot more useful. To that end, she got to remain.