Ravage and You

Bird_of_Thunder

It would be good, but I think it would be too good.

Ravage's biggest flaws are that people can move away from it and it's interrupt-able. Carnage and Rage each have a talent that alleviates one of those flaws. Unrelated to that, it's a strong ability for both of those specs.

Moving it down to two seconds would help a lot, but being able to move while using it would feel awkward, I think.

It's a redicilous mechanic for a melee class. It gimps the class even more. Melee lives and dies by mobility and the Marauder has pathetic mobility. I don't care about PvE at all where mobs stand still and let you idiot mode hit them. PvP is all that matters and for our hardest hitter to so poorly designed is a crime. Remove the breakable channel keep it interruptible let us have some mobility. They need to do the same with choke. Warhammer has the same type of attack for Orcs and it's a channel that you can move during. It works great

Ive never had Ravage interuppted before, most people i guess dont expect it to be. I am rank 46 Valor. Now my opponents will run away or knock me back, having ravage uninteruptable wont change that. Making my opponents immovable while doing it, now thats the money maker.

I wish there was a Talent that boosted the ravages damage somewhere for mauraders.

Never really had a problem with ravage as I consider it as extra damage output with no rage lost. People tend to forget that ravage has a decent range to it before the third attack will cancel so I guess get use to positioning a bit better.

It's a redicilous mechanic for a melee class. It gimps the class even more. Melee lives and dies by mobility and the Marauder has pathetic mobility. I don't care about PvE at all where mobs stand still and let you idiot mode hit them. PvP is all that matters and for our hardest hitter to so poorly designed is a crime. Remove the breakable channel keep it interruptible let us have some mobility. They need to do the same with choke. Warhammer has the same type of attack for Orcs and it's a channel that you can move during. It works great

learn to use it..

and btw Marauder has great Mobility + enough snares

in ataru form even more mobility ... ( + when specced makes ravage immobilize)

its just fine...

I find it funny when i'm fighting another marauder and he has no slows on me (or i'm not stunned) and starts up ravage, I think the OP is in that category. Theres a time and a place for ravage as its not meant to be a "ZOMG DPS" move, its a situational move.

If you can't figure it out reroll.

Edited by Aphexdash

In an effort to not seem like a complete elitist dick, even though I am, allow me to explain myself.

I've said numerous times Marauders are an easy to pick up, difficult to master class. This is a fact based on from what I've seen in the community thus far.

If no one was doing well, no one was breaking 200k damage and we were completely useless there wouldn't be people, namely myself, trying to help people understand how to play the class.

I do absolutely fine - both 1v1 and in group fights - as Carnage. Do I have a bit of gear to back it up? Yes. Full Champion gear? Far from it.

The fact is, if played right, Marauders are an incredibly powerful class. Case in point: Marauders are currently the red-headed step-child of PvP. We don't have a lot of CC, we're relatively squishy and our damage isn't head and shoulders above other's to compensate. I can safely say I've had many days where I've gotten my face pushed in by Scoundrels and Vanguards who can just put out more damage than I can. This comes down more to their classes being slightly overpowered and less about ours being under. I can, though, successfully 2v1 people. Cooldowns + Undying Rage and stims at the right times can turn the tide; as well as Frenzy+Bloodthirst right before Gore+Scream+Ravage. The goal of WarZones isn't to to the most damage, it's to complete the assigned objectives. It won't matter if you get 1million damage done if you weren't going after the ball carrier at all or trying to score yourself. I've had several Huttball games where I've only done 100k because I was ahead of the ball waiting for a pass. Damage is far from everything.

Another fact is there are a lot of people who still don't know what they're doing. At lower levels you're not going to have the tools you need to excel in PvP; that's just a given. Having 50s in a different bracket come 1.1 will allow for even(er) playing fields and PvP gear will be a lot less of an issue.

We won't be seeing many 400k+ games or 7k+ Smash crits come that day; PvP gear goes a REALLY long way.

On Ravage - many people don't know how hard it actually hits. Even more people don't know how to properly interrupt. It's a skill that has been absent from average players for a very long time. People see us swinging and are too busy smashing Disturbance or Power Shot to interrupt it or move away from it.

Ravage's use time in Annihilation is very small and it's based around several cooldown factors. Carnage has a Ravage root and Rage makes it uninterruptable. The two main flaws with Ravage are solved in the two specs who can make the most of it (100% Armor Pen with Gore and 20% innate Armor Pen with Shii-Cho).

If you're one of those specs and still think Ravage is underpowered start PvPing in a group. Coordinate stuns/roots with said group so you can get a full Ravage off. Queueing solo, running in with no coordination what-so-ever and getting your *** handed to you then crying about it later isn't doing anyone credit.

Edited by Kibaken

*** do you mean no tools?

we have THE ONLY mortal strike in game

multiple snares via ahni and rages

huge move speed via carnage.

2 of the biggest group buff in game

3 different personal buffs

disable droid for machine intensive pve encounters

and you only list force camo? REALLY?

*** do you mean no tools?

we have THE ONLY mortal strike in game

multiple snares via ahni and rages

huge move speed via carnage.

2 of the biggest group buff in game

3 different personal buffs

disable droid for machine intensive pve encounters

and you only list force camo? REALLY?

well lets talk teh group buffs. Bloodthirst is a 5 min cd for a 15 sec boost. Thats stupid. Predation is good, but it doesn't compensate all those other things.

The 15% movement speed boost in carnage is good, but when every otehr class has a ranged snare and a ranged stun, it means a lot less.

the multiple snares i don't even get. why spec into a 30% speed reduction with rupture when you can just use crippling slash for a 50% speed reduction as i recall.

our trees lack synergy.

Again, we are a good class, but we need tweaking for us to properly fill the role we are meant to fill.

Whats going on in here.

Ravage is useless unless rage if you're fighting someone with a brain and an interrupt.

I am Carnage and get ravage inerrupted fairly often but otehr times i just chews through people.

When i tried rage, Ravage was more worthless, because even though you couldn't be interrupted, without the root they just walk out of it and you are stuck waving your lightsabers in teh air like a kid with glowsticks at a rave.

well lets talk teh group buffs. Bloodthirst is a 5 min cd for a 15 sec boost. Thats stupid. Predation is good, but it doesn't compensate all those other things.

The 15% movement speed boost in carnage is good, but when every otehr class has a ranged snare and a ranged stun, it means a lot less.

the multiple snares i don't even get. why spec into a 30% speed reduction with rupture when you can just use crippling slash for a 50% speed reduction as i recall.

our trees lack synergy.

Again, we are a good class, but we need tweaking for us to properly fill the role we are meant to fill.

you would spec into rupture becuase you will never have to snare someone with a move that waste rage and rotation cds leading to less dps. by the time you get the rupture reset talent you should never need to use crippling again. it is perfect synergy with it's tree.

I am Carnage and get ravage inerrupted fairly often but otehr times i just chews through people.

When i tried rage, Ravage was more worthless, because even though you couldn't be interrupted, without the root they just walk out of it and you are stuck waving your lightsabers in teh air like a kid with glowsticks at a rave.

It had incredible range, even if they go behind you. Force crush + ravage and they won't get outa range in time to avoid last hit. My buffed ravage takes off half of someones health bar.

Edited by Kricys

Ravage is actually good if you know how to use it.. Those first two attacks are a good damage burst and if you can get the final strike off, that's an added bonus. If you snare an opponent with Crippling Slash before you use it, you should be able to get the whole thing off unless it gets interrupted and dish out some decent damage.