Armor Faction Displaying Incorrectly

feylyndiira

I just noticed this with the last patch that occasionally, armors that have different looks for each faction (Republic/Empire) will show up as the wrong faction version. For example, last night while playing my SW, I put the Thermal Pummeler's Chestguard on Lana and it gave her the Republic version instead of the Imperial version. I tried a few others and they did the same thing. Then today, while I was in my SH with Quinn summoned as my companion, his hologram showed the Fractured Pummeler's Chestguard he was wearing as the Republic version (but he was still wearing the Imperial version). The icons show the correct version, but the armor piece itself doesn't always display the correct version when worn.

EDITED to add that I just had a companion cutscene where my Imp comp was wearing the Pub version of the armor. :eek::p

Edited by feylyndiira

• 4 months later...

Hello!

I have noticed the same problem. I have submitted a bug report and reported it here before. I recieved an answer on my bug report in late September 2017, were I was informed that they were aware of the bug and that it would be corrected in a future update. I am still waiting.

Would have been nice to know when the developers plan to fix this bug. Cross-faction gear is worthless on companions while we are waiting, especially in companion conversations and cutscenes.

Best regards.

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed this myself recently on both Jorgen and Kira it works fine most of the time but when n it comes to some cutscenes it changes to its imperial version.

I am not sure if it's all cutscenes on the ship because I noticed on the ship introduction cutscene Kira had the wrong outfit on and I tried one companion conversation where it changed again I did not try anymore as I logged off as things like this ruin my immersion.

Please bioware tell me you have a fix on the horizon as I finally have found some gear I am happy to equip Kira with.