People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

JamesDisaster

Are you out there? I'm sure you are. I keep going back and forth myself. Are you primarily active with your guild? What keeps you playing? What keeps you enthusiastic about this game? Are they're any active, reasonably populated guilds regularly running through content? Does the low population much affect your gameplay?

I'm so alone... :w_frown:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy. We (Alpha Company) run patrols 4x a week that usually turn up either some really great RP or turn into massive firefights. There are some great guilds on both sides that are still very active. If you are looking to get involved, hop over to the guild sub-forum and try to find a group that meets your style :)

You're not alone, just one of the few. The large guilds like Jen and Alpha company dont care about the population, as they are prefectly happy with their guilds population.

Most people want more than that, and a variety in things. When I queue up for a WZ, not only do I want to not have to wait 30 - 60 minutes, I want to not fight the same group I just did an hour ago. Same goes for Flashpoints, the more variety, the more fun.

Jung Ma is a GREAT community, a REALLY great community (for the most part) and thats what makes some people enjoy it here, however a great community cant keep a dead server alive on niceties alone. So as much as I love a lot of the people I've met here, the very SECOND server transfers go up, I am out of here.

Edited by Chiltonium

I'm also happy with Jung Ma, and so are the 100+ people in my guild. I do NOT want to merge with another Server. Jung Ma is the ONLY RPvP server in all of SWTOR. I rolled here to RPvP. I do not want to go to a PvE or PvP only server.

I know that many of the Big guilds (including my own) are working together to try and bring the community closer and make Jung Ma a place people want to come play on. I think that this server is a great place to play. Standard Pop is ok in my book. Could we use some more people on the server? Sure. Is transferring off it the best way to help it? No. Its not.

<Esoteric Order> is planning some fun Server Wide RP and PvP events. Stay tuned for more info! :)

The Remnants of Hope (Republic Guild) here.... we are content with the server population of Jung-Ma. Even though the population of Jung-Ma could be improved, it does not get in the way of us having fun, and enjoying ourselves within Star Wars: The Old Republic. We have around 15-20 members online every night, and have numerous events scheduled everyday of every week. I would encourage players who are concerned with the server population of Jung-Ma to join active guilds on the server. That will most certainly help improve your experience while Bioware figures their S*** out. Edited by Aldamar

Jen'jidai does care about the population of the server. Yes it stinks for pvp about a lot of the time, and ranked warzones are non-existent and the teams that gave our top ranked team challenge have left. As well as the RP community having become smaller. We care and understand the frustrations, because who likes sitting 30mins for a regular 50wz pop? Not anyone.

Where the differences occurs is what to do about it, especially with the Devs continued silence on the matter it would appear that we're stuck here or rerolling at least until F2P comes which will be in month and a half tops. So either wait it out or reroll, constantly moaning about it clearly isn't going to work this time.

Just to echo the sentiments of the other active guilds here, from a PvE standpoint things are just fine on Jung Ma because I run a very active guild. We have more than enough people for raid content and do 16-man raids just for the hell of it.

From a PvP standpoint, it is a different story and that's where my own frustration comes into play along with the hard core PvP people in my guild. All of the former great PvP guilds have left the server leaving a huge void in PvP. Personally, I'm 34-5 on Darael over the past three months doing rated warzones for about 8 hours a week. The past 4-6 weeks though, I'm lucky to get 1-2 rated warzones to pop during a 3+ hour session during prime time. No one is queuing during prime time any more.

I don't see the problem with non-rated warzones. They pop frequently. I seldom have to wait more than a few minutes during prime time to get a pop. However, they are just not fun or competitive usually. If I go in a pre-made, especially with my more hard core group of people, it's just easy wins. That is not fun to me. I like competitive balance.

As such I'm looking to leave the server when the opportunity arises. It's not that Jung Ma doesn't have great people, great guilds, or a great community, because it definitely has all of that. It's simply that there is a need it is not fulfilling that I know can be fulfilled elsewhere while not affecting the fun my guild has in PvE.

Officer of Clan Epsis here, still happily enjoying Jung Ma. It may not be the most populated server of them all but i enjoy our small community despite its size. Now for the questions.

Are you primarily active within your guild?

I definately try to me! As the brand new PvE officer for Clan Epsis i've been most active lately arranging operations and PvE times.

What keeps you enthusiastic about this game?

There are multiple answers to that. There's the future content we'll be getting, the community, the Roleplay, the events. In my opinion there's always something to do if you're open-minded and look for fun activities to do. Being a roleplayer helps alot.

Are they're any active, reasonably populated guilds regularly running through content?

Definately! Clan Epsis is about to begin running PvE content under my lead, though i often see other guilds such as Serratek Industries, Jen'jidai, etc. Imp side and Alpha Company, Knights of Sokan, etc. pub side running content frequently.

Does the low population much affect your gameplay?

Not as much as it affects other peoples'. I still have my friends and guild-mates around and it's really all that matters to me. Flashpoint and Warzone queues being a bit longer i can handle. This is the only real detail that affects my gameplay.

I've already got plenty of responses from people who want to play when the game goes F2P and are coming to Jung Ma. Even today I got an application from someone coming to Jung Ma. People like it here.

That is epic news! I hope patterns like that continue. We shouldn't have much longer for F2P.

Knowing server queues will be imminent with the bigger servers, I'd say a lot will flock to Jung Ma, knowing they won't be pushed back in the line.

It's nice to see other guilds staying optimistic. The server needed a post like this so... GJ to the OP!

Edited by Luniara

Without knowing what the costs are for allowing them to do warzones and operations you can't say that it won't have an effect.

$1 a week for full WZs? You'll see a lot of ppl doing it.

realistically ? It'll probably be 5 or so. Getting a license to do WZ, OP, FP, will likely equal out to about what a sub costs. Still, will likely see a lot of people doing it.

A lot of people quit because "I dont wanna pay 15 bucks when I just do WZs." Now they can pay 5.

I've played on a few of the other servers, and I can say that the Jung Ma guilds are some of the more squared away guilds. The only reason I can think of is that RP-PVP draws a different type of crowd.

It does indeed draw a different sort of person, however theres not a lot of them.

There are plenty of great guilds on other servers, RP ones too, Ebon Hawk and Begeren Colony both have as many if not more great guilds. The difference is when theres only 3 and they're great, its obvious and seems like theres more than there is. Another could have 10 great guilds, and 40 bad ones. Going to seem worse because theres more bad ones. But theres also more good ones.

My guild is content with the server, also. Between our own members and our friends & allies, I always have people to play with.

The problem is this... when some kind of transfer is allowed, those not transfering will be again in the position like the old origin servers, as in low but acceptable populations before, but much lower and unacceptable after.

The bigger issue is, if transfers out of Jung Ma are allowed, would they be to a RP or PVP server, or either?

Neither is a good solution. Thus the interest in having an RP PVP server to begin with. It's frustrating that the overall RP community did not see the benefits to an RP PVP server, as I believe that's a more "pure" RP, but I guess to each their own. As we know, though, RP PVP was not supported until quite close to launch, so it was hard to promote much community to the server style prelaunch.

My guild is content with the server, also. Between our own members and our friends & allies, I always have people to play with.

The problem is this... when some kind of transfer is allowed, those not transfering will be again in the position like the old origin servers, as in low but acceptable populations before, but much lower and unacceptable after.

The bigger issue is, if transfers out of Jung Ma are allowed, would they be to a RP or PVP server, or either?

Neither is a good solution. Thus the interest in having an RP PVP server to begin with. It's frustrating that the overall RP community did not see the benefits to an RP PVP server, as I believe that's a more "pure" RP, but I guess to each their own. As we know, though, RP PVP was not supported until quite close to launch, so it was hard to promote much community to the server style prelaunch.

youd be suprised how many people are perfectly happy choosing at this point. We all joined the server because we liked RP and we liked PvP.

Unfortunately population issues aside, world pvp turned out to be garbage, and WZs arent pvp servers only, so everyone I know is happy to transfer straight to Ebon Hawk, and by the looks of a lot of posts, a lot are also happy to transfer to a pvp.

Trying not to be a pessimist here, but it doesn't matter if the entire F2P population comes to Jung Ma. Unless they convert over to subscribed accounts they can't do ranked warzones or Operations, and are severely limited in everything else they can do. As such, unless they're subscribing or spending money unlocking the ability to do more stuff, having tons of F2P players come over will not have much of an impact.

Our fleet numbers will improve though, so there's that.

Hmm. Good point! Pessimism is okay. That is a good way of looking at it actually. With 3 days to enter the matches or ops, it may slow things down. It would only give us a population. There should certainly be SOME people that would give faster pop times for WZs. At least a small increase.

I actually hope they change the whole limited warzone bit. 3 seems like a very small number. That's... a weekend. Maybe they'll be more incline to have some open PvP on planets?

Also, no worries, Chiltonium. =) Your PM helped and I think we both misunderstood. <3 All good.

Edited by Luniara

I am primarily a PvPer and I prefer this server over any of the other ones. Even with the low pop I almost never have to wait more than 5 minutes for a warzone, and It is nice to be able to reasonably predict which days are good for getting the pvp weekly done which days are good for toe-to-toe warzones and which days are best for ranked queue.

I honestly prefer having a low population than being overcrowded and having heavy lag everytime I am on the fleet. Plus RP-PvP has the most mature community, unlike other servers I almost never hear about getting ganked by 50s and There are far less abnoxious people here.

My guild is not by any means one of the large ones but we are active and enjoy our gameplay.

Yes it would have been nie if Bioware had not let the AP people transfer off and create the population issue but it isnt a server ruiner in my opinion. (and I was originally on AP)

Perhaps voluntary transfers into Jung-Ma. I know several people who would jump at the chance to escape the overcrowded servers for a smaller one.