electrostaff

Nasagi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, according to the skills..All 3 charges require double bladed lightsabers, as does Maul..So I'm curious if this is an oversight or if electrostaffs are just useless?I mean yes you can use base abilities but you'd not be able to use the charges that make assassin's cool, or Maul them to death..

Just checked out the Consular's version of the Charges and they all require Double Bladed Lightsaber as well..So I'm just curious why they're here if we use our main techniques as Assassins OR Shadows without a double bladed lightsaber

Both of those replies are blatantly wrong. It's just there in case you accidently sell you lightsaber and or for social gear.

I've bought the Drommund Kaas Commendation electrostaff, and when I equip it, I can't use Maul or any of the charges..So it seems like a useless weapon to me

Because if you accidently sell your lightsaber you cant buy a new one?

Or just use the Buy Back tab on the vendor you sold it to?

I do wish the charge abilities were usable with the electrostaff. As it is, it's just a way to show contempt for an opponent by self gimping yourself to use one.

That's disappointing. It would be nice to have at least a tiny, if only aesthetic, choice in weapons.

It's like a bounty hunter not being able to use a blaster rifle, despite them not doing any more damage than a comparable blaster.

It's not like it's adding to balance, it's just a random restriction.

Edited by Ellyll

Which companions may use electrostaves? My Qyzen has only been able to use techblades as far as I know, and I am level 17 so far. I looked in his codex and it says his main weapon is vibrowords (which is false btw). The companion skills tab only shows proficiency with techblades so is that all he ever gets?

Which companions may use electrostaves? My Qyzen has only been able to use techblades as far as I know, and I am level 17 so far. I looked in his codex and it says his main weapon is vibrowords (which is false btw). The companion skills tab only shows proficiency with techblades so is that all he ever gets?

Last I checked the JC's first Companion uses electrostaves.

Akaari Spar the mandolrian Smuggler companion uses techstaves.

I personally think the non-lightsaber/blaster melee weapons are only in the game for companions and a future Mandalorian class.

JK/SW can use vibroblades and training sabers but there AC abilities require light sabers. :mad: I'd love to swing a vibroblade around and be effective.

Edited by CornBreadtm

It will be an oversight and an easy fix for their tick sheet, just need to get a dev to glance at the problem...

*edit* the charges work if you have them on before you swap to an electrostaff, dark charge still boosts armour and procs

Edited by Slurmez

I got an epic rating 128 electro staff from False Emp Hard mode...

It is useless to me...

The boss drops only 1 epic, and it is a companion wep ? Sorry that makes no sense...

I belive it was not supposed to be like this...

Edited by drollzito

That's disappointing. It would be nice to have at least a tiny, if only aesthetic, choice in weapons.

It's not like it's adding to balance, it's just a random restriction.

Exactly.

It would be nice to be able to choose. I know Light Sabers are all the rage and your suppose to use one but for my class, a Sith Assassin (Inquisitor) it would look a lot cooler to use Electrostaves because all the electric abilities and charge abilities. Double Bladed Light Sabers are pretty cool looking but not as cool as a Electrostave with purple lightning.

Personally I would choose Electrostaves over DBLS because of looks alone. I don't care if the DBLS may have better stats. That being said even I can't justify using one when half the major abilities don't work with them. I agree with everyone who say's it was just an oversight and not suppose to be like this...

I belive it was not supposed to be like this...

It will be an oversight and an easy fix for their tick sheet, just need to get a dev to glance at the problem...

One can only hope...

Exactly.

It would be nice to be able to choose. I know Light Sabers are all the rage and your suppose to use one but for my class, a Sith Assassin (Inquisitor) it would look a lot cooler to use Electrostaves because all the electric abilities and charge abilities. Double Bladed Light Sabers are pretty cool looking but not as cool as a Electrostave with purple lightning.

Personally I would choose Electrostaves over DBLS because of looks alone. I don't care if the DBLS may have better stats. That being said even I can't justify using one when half the major abilities don't work with them. I agree with everyone who say's it was just an oversight and not suppose to be like this...

One can only hope...

If you spec Madness, I believe the only abilities that you cannot use are the charges, Maul, and Spike. You can enable the charges via a lightsaber and then switch to an electrostaff.

You are a bit gimped, but not terribly so. So, that's the temporary fix for those of us that really want to use one. Hopefully BioWare fixes it soon.

Also, there's a lot of misinformation in this thread. Knights/Warriors can use vibroswords without any issues. All of their abilities work. Electrostaves are supposed to be the Assassin equivalent and they are there not just for companions, but to provide variety to the weapons so that someone can choose something other than a lightsaber.

EDIT: After experimenting, this is actually not true. You cannot use Discharge with an electrostaff, and that is an integral part of Madness.

Edited by sessava

Exactly.

One can only hope...

I agree completely with you. That's why I started this..That and trying to find out the purpose of having the ability to use something when all of our abilities tell us to use otherwise

• 1 month later...

I concur! I would -love- use an electrostaff! Much like I wanna find my Marauder some awesome moddable vibroswords (that don't look like Buster Swords from FFVII, lol)

It's nice that Warriors/Knights don't have this problem with vibroswords, but now we need to get this issue looked into, because yeah, I don't understand why they even give Assassins/Shadows the ability to use Electrostaves when they pick the AC, when some of the core abilities can't be used while it's equipped; it just doesn't make sense.

Hopefully an oversight that can be fixed easily enough.

If SW and JK (and sorc/sage )can run around using vibroswords with no penalties why cant we do so with the staff?

My friend who is a SW runs with 2x vibroswords in orange BH armor set just for the looks. and he will till he is forced to put on the end game items for the set bonuses and stats.

btw I hate BW for the locked mod slots and set bonuses that are killin the whole idea of orange items and unique looks

Edited by LithKaith

• 1 month later...

Why is there no Dev response to this thread, or any of the other threads about this same problem? Come on bioware, just give us a "we are looking into making this happen" or "can't do it, doesn't fit with our vision..." Or ....something, anything.

I'm bored to death of lightsabers, gimme a big Qtip over another colored lightstick any day of the week!