electrostaff

Nasagi

A bounty hunter companion, Torian Cardera, uses staves. BW just tried to make things really varied, like how I keep finding techknives and blaster rifles with aim. IA companion Kaliyo uses those. But I agree, if they are going to let you use a weapon, you should be able to fully use it. For the most part, staves and swords are useless. Only a few companions use them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason for the electro staves to be in game that I can see is so that BW could get two birds with one rock and and basically extend the combat animations of a saberstaff even to those NPCs that don't wield force (and thus can't have a double-bladed saber lore-wise), such as Torian Cadera. And only as a side, they gave the player an option to equip it, too, but it's totally pointless. It just for companion equipment.

The only reason for the electro staves to be in game that I can see is so that BW could get two birds with one rock and and basically extend the combat animations of a saberstaff even to those NPCs that don't wield force (and thus can't have a double-bladed saber lore-wise), such as Torian Cadera. And only as a side, they gave the player an option to equip it, too, but it's totally pointless. It just for companion equipment.

If knights/warriors cold not effectively use vibroblades I would agree, but they can use vibroblades with no downsides sooo yeah either

1) You are correct (in which case Bioware phails for playing favorites)

2) It is a ridiculous mistake/oversight

If knights/warriors cold not effectively use vibroblades I would agree, but they can use vibroblades with no downsides sooo yeah either

1) You are correct (in which case Bioware phails for playing favorites)

2) It is a ridiculous mistake/oversight

Yeah... I think Bioware put it under 2.

In any case, its annoying, I can have a warrior run around with giant swords, but I can't get anything of the sort for an assassin.

They could at least give us the vibrostaves from KotoR.

This is a major issue. Akaavi is currently borked. Her class/attributes are confusing. She's essentially a trooper who uses a double-bladed non-lightsaber, which you can't find any high-level replacements for. WHY is Aim a primary attribute? Her weapon is not ranged!

What is up with this?

This is a major issue. Akaavi is currently borked. Her class/attributes are confusing. She's essentially a trooper who uses a double-bladed non-lightsaber, which you can't find any high-level replacements for. WHY is Aim a primary attribute? Her weapon is not ranged!

What is up with this?

It's for the armour looks. For companions that they want to wear trooper, as opposed to force user armour, they use aim as their stat. I have Akavi, and the lizard dude XD as of 1.2 at least you can get modable weapons for them. I'm sure there are high level versions somewhere, if not swap mods for a blaster out ;) tech staves even use the barrels :D

I was looking for information on a cool electrified/glowing electrostaff, sad to hear it's not feasible now :(

Edited by Evgen

It would be very nice if Bioware *ditched* this juvenile "Only one weapon choice for each AC so people can instantly recognise them on the battlefield" idea...

*Let* us have variety. Let us have the ability to make our Inquisitor, or our Gunslinger, or our Jedi Knight... into an individual. Not everybody PvPs at all, and of those that do... anyone intelligent would easily be able to assess someone's class by means other than 'oh, they're holding that' or 'they're wearing that coat'.

Let's have Jedi or Sith Lords who can wear casual clothes with a long trenchcoat... and if some fool in a Warzone thinks "Oho, there's a gunslinger, so I'll do XYZ.." and then ends up dead because it's a sorceror... well, that fool deserved to die.

It would be very nice if Bioware *ditched* this juvenile "Only one weapon choice for each AC so people can instantly recognise them on the battlefield" idea...

*Let* us have variety. Let us have the ability to make our Inquisitor, or our Gunslinger, or our Jedi Knight... into an individual. Not everybody PvPs at all, and of those that do... anyone intelligent would easily be able to assess someone's class by means other than 'oh, they're holding that' or 'they're wearing that coat'.

Let's have Jedi or Sith Lords who can wear casual clothes with a long trenchcoat... and if some fool in a Warzone thinks "Oho, there's a gunslinger, so I'll do XYZ.." and then ends up dead because it's a sorceror... well, that fool deserved to die.

I disagree, I don't even think the weapons differences are for PVP recognition. I think it's the animations as a few have mentioned. And to make the classes different. It is a class based game, it tends to work that way.

And except for PVP gear, you can look like whatever you want now. And they are planning to make social gear match the armour type you use, so even more so.

I'm bummed we can't use staves as an alternative the way Mara/Sents can. Hopefully this gets rectified (keep bumping this thread). Most likely it is an animation issue as my companions that use these weapons still have wonky or missing animations while fighting.

In any case, for those using aim based companions, the Belsavis quest "Lights out" gives a pretty decent stave for your companion that uses it. It should hold you over until you can find an Armstech that can crit craft (if even possible) a purple version. I know my Torian has a very nice one (non crit crafted). I wish they would allow barrels in place of hilts for those wanting a moddable version for aim based companions (similar to the system they had in place at one point in beta).

I honestly don't see why so many people would want to use an electro staff? If it makes you happy then have at it, but my personal opinion is that an electroblade/staff is one of the lamest weapons I've ever seen. I never understood why they're requested so much :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
My Guardian uses vibroswords all day and it's awesome. It does really bug me that it's not the same for my shadow. I too would like to see no downside to using an electrostaff over a double saber... C'mon BW, pleeeeaase?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Which companions may use electrostaves? My Qyzen has only been able to use techblades as far as I know, and I am level 17 so far. I looked in his codex and it says his main weapon is vibrowords (which is false btw). The companion skills tab only shows proficiency with techblades so is that all he ever gets?

Xalek can use electrostaves (and all abilities while equipped with one). And the Agent companion obtained on Alderaan uses either electro or techstaves, I forget which one and that companions name (Vector maybe?).

Xalek can use electrostaves (and all abilities while equipped with one). And the Agent companion obtained on Alderaan uses either electro or techstaves, I forget which one and that companions name (Vector maybe?).

Xalek,Vector, and Kira Carsen(JK companion)can use them I know

shockassins, and madness spec, have less dblbld requirements then deception.

I am a high end madness assassin (in pve, at the least; however, I am fairly well known in the pvp community on my server as well) and using an electro staff, while some models may look sick, is a dps loss. Regardless of your spec or build, you cannot maul! Maul is on of my main damaging abilities as it tends to hit anywhere from 4.5-5.3k when it crits! So, in short, dont use them :3