How are we supposed to add items to the collections when they cant be collected?

AGSThomas

You mean those Level 43 chests?

Those are on the First Cartel Vendor at Friend status for 40k.

well there are some lifeday items that were one off single time offers or were gained only from things like the special offers from 3rd parties.

There are quite a few collectors in the world of all manner of items and objects. Just because a particular item is no longer able to be collected by later collectors doesn't negate the fact that those are, indeed, part of what it means to be a collector.

Like the titles you could only get on the PTS two years ago or so? Yeah, I'd wish them out of the collections, because that causes me to never be able to get 100% titles in collections. I understand if some ultra rare items stay in collections, because there is at least a theoretical chance that someone sells it on the GTN one day, but some things are 100% not obtainable (anymore).

The whole collections window is a mess anyway. BW, please clean it up, add some sorting possibilities etc. Thank you. (Sorry, that's actually a different topic.)

Like the titles you could only get on the PTS two years ago or so? Yeah, I'd wish them out of the collections, because that causes me to never be able to get 100% titles in collections. I understand if some ultra rare items stay in collections, because there is at least a theoretical chance that someone sells it on the GTN one day, but some things are 100% not obtainable (anymore).

The whole collections window is a mess anyway. BW, please clean it up, add some sorting possibilities etc. Thank you. (Sorry, that's actually a different topic.)

There still should be a place for the unobtainable items in the Collections Menu and the Achievements Menu, but in both cases they should be moved out into a separate tab or sub-category.

WoW had exactly the right idea with the "Feats of Strength" tab for their achievement system.

How about the Gannifari pet? It doesn't show up in the Pets tab or anywhere else even though it's a pet I own.

Also what about items, weapons, armors, etc, that you have achieved that were hard to get like PVE/PVP gear? Wouldn't players like to have some record of that in their Collection?

And as others have said the Collections interface really needs to be cleaned up. It's really messy at this point. Not every sub category needs to be broken down by the packs. Stuff like Emotes, Toys, etc, doesn't specific pack break downs. If you want to see what the specific packs contain they're all right there near the top.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a logical answer to your inability to refrain from ignorance: Wait until the items that are not working are fixed in the next patch.

I swear this guy is 10 years old or just trolling for chatter.

:eek::rolleyes: come again? who said they were broken? noncollectable means they are no longer available. Not that they aren't working... but if you want to wait till they're 'fixed' in a next patch, be my guest. Gonna be a long wait though. :p

Edited by LeJarC

I would hope that eventually they will allow a person to click on an item in collections that they do not have and get an option to Buy it with Cartel Coins.... that way we can get those items that were 1 time or no longer available.

I am a pet collector.. I have almost every single pet in game... (minus a few)... however the special ones available through game invites for other games... and the cartel coin cards from other stores and countries... are impossible to get and should be buyable.