Please fix PVP - Revert to the way it was with rewards.

NuSeC

The changes made has done more harm than good.

Losing gives you nothing then you get a lockout timer to throw on top.

Lockout timer is fine... but make it so if you lose, you get something for it. As it stands now, I am just not going to participate. You get in a cycle with bad pugs and get nothing for it despite playing several games if you happen to be unlucky with your team composition/new players vs premade.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Agreed... before, i didn't care if i got a bad team or not. Even if we got continually matched against the ranked premades who just wanted too farm kills (i never really understood this concept... why? Its not like you got rewards for it.). Atleast i knew that after 4 matches... I'd still atleast get my daily for my trouble. If we won.. it was done in two. If we're having a decent day, we might go for the full weekly in one day.

Now, there's no point. I'll queue for one, maybe two matches... if it's just the premade ranked teams... my guild just drops and goes to do FPs or Heroics instead. That can't be good for queues over time.

Agreed... before, i didn't care if i got a bad team or not. Even if we got continually matched against the ranked premades who just wanted too farm kills (i never really understood this concept... why? Its not like you got rewards for it.)

There's a title, manhunter, and probably other achievements, not 100% sure

Fully agree. Okay the daily task might be down to a single win from 2 but at least the old way you'd get your 2 points in 30 - 40 mins of play. Now, you might never hit that single win.

Change has completely detered me from playing unranked.

I'd suggest keeping in the deserter timer but putting the scoring back the way it was.

Fully agree. Okay the daily task might be down to a single win from 2 but at least the old way you'd get your 2 points in 30 - 40 mins of play. Now, you might never hit that single win.

Change has completely detered me from playing unranked.

I'd suggest keeping in the deserter timer but putting the scoring back the way it was.

This.

My suggestion, which I’ve placed in a few threads is to set it up like this :

Win = 3 points

Loss = 1 point

This way it still rewards something if you lose (through no fault of your own) and it still encourages people to try and win instead of just death matching.

I’ve also suggested tweaking the timer :

1. During a high pop environment (8v8) the timer should be reduced to 10 mins because 15 mins takes people out of the queue too long and will eventual start to negatively affect queue times

2. During a low pop environment (when it reverts to 4v4) the timer should be reduced to 5 mins because the queue already has a low amount of people and adding 15 mins IS MAKING THE POP TIMES LONGER.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You and a great many others. All they accomplished is making a very small community even smaller.

That is the situation and I’m concerned Bioware aren’t aware of what they’ve done or if they are, they won’t react fast enough to fix it before there is permanent damage done.

I’ve taken some time to make a thread in the pvp section on some suggestions on how to tweak the systems and still achieve the goal Bioware want.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=983186

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That is the situation and I’m concerned Bioware aren’t aware of what they’ve done or if they are, they won’t react fast enough to fix it before there is permanent damage done.

I’ve taken some time to make a thread in the pvp section on some suggestions on how to tweak the systems and still achieve the goal Bioware want.

what might help get casual PvP'rs back (to regs) would be the option to pick and choose a map type. Also changing the mission so that even if you lose, you still get one point towards completion. These two options would make me look at regs again. Another option to stop premade , would be to have separate solo and group (like ranked) . (or as per your other post, make it 2 only) This might stop some of the trolling, and steam rolling that is happening.

Personally the lockout doesn't bother me, when I played the only time I've left a match was because it was the bugged HB maps. With the option to choose a map, you'd have less unhappy people with the map popping, and with people queuing solo, it 'might' balance groups out better, and stop people leaving to early.

Edited by DarkTergon

It's yet another terrible idea to add to the long growing list of terrible ideas surrounding PvP. I've just returned after almost 4 years away and normally just PvP.

When news broke that there would be no Warzone selection, I left as I was sick to the back teeth of playing Arena. There's a place for Arena - and that is ranked, so it makes sense to pair unranked and ranked Arena together, with an option to Q .

Common sense (sorry to use that dirty word on you Bioware), would say to have a deserter buff start once the warzone count down has begun. Not immediately. Not everyone likes Arena, or other dreadfully designed maps in 8v8, so according to Bioware - choice matters - unless you PvP.

I had a level 10 toon, who picked up the new daily and at 17, I still had the same mission. I hadn't won a single game, from almost 19 straight losses. I won't be hanging around wasting time, as the gear you do get for a 'win' is useless, as its level 10.

Don't even get me started on the weekly - that I have renamed to the 'monthly' warzone mission as it will take a full month for the casual player to even get close to 10 wins. Subscription runs out in 15 days and I won't be returning again and the reason is simple - Bioware never have and never will understand PvP.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

honestly i toughed it out on my merc for that quest for pierce, had to do 20 unranked warzones (wins count double)

well i managed to win 4 times with a team that was good and had to do 12 unranked that were lost causes due to to many healers on 1 side and none on my team or no-one dying at all or trash teammates that didnt know what objectives were but i could not leave due to that ****** *** lock out timer, to those that defend it go ahead but ill just stop pvping all together and i think many will join me in this, the rewards are trash aswell, a single white lockbox for losing wow such great rewards absolutely amazing

and when a win green lockbox no wonder pve is so much better better rewards in nearly everything

It's yet another terrible idea to add to the long growing list of terrible ideas surrounding PvP. I've just returned after almost 4 years away and normally just PvP.

When news broke that there would be no Warzone selection, I left as I was sick to the back teeth of playing Arena. There's a place for Arena - and that is ranked, so it makes sense to pair unranked and ranked Arena together, with an option to Q .

Common sense (sorry to use that dirty word on you Bioware), would say to have a deserter buff start once the warzone count down has begun. Not immediately. Not everyone likes Arena, or other dreadfully designed maps in 8v8, so according to Bioware - choice matters - unless you PvP.

I had a level 10 toon, who picked up the new daily and at 17, I still had the same mission. I hadn't won a single game, from almost 19 straight losses. I won't be hanging around wasting time, as the gear you do get for a 'win' is useless, as its level 10.

Don't even get me started on the weekly - that I have renamed to the 'monthly' warzone mission as it will take a full month for the casual player to even get close to 10 wins. Subscription runs out in 15 days and I won't be returning again and the reason is simple - Bioware never have and never will understand PvP.

Arena only pops now for regs when there are not enough people in the queue to play 8v8. If you are getting 4v4 matches, it means there aren’t enough people in the queue.

Arena only pops now for regs when there are not enough people in the queue to play 8v8. If you are getting 4v4 matches, it means there aren’t enough people in the queue.

See then my argument would be, if there's 4 pops of 4v4 - thats a team of 8v8 missing out. Perhaps there's also a very good reason why only Arena appear to be popping lately - Bioware.

Some tips for gearing in lowbies.

All gear, except main hand is bolstered properly in lowbies.

So as long as you have something in every slot, the system will take care of your gear stats. The most important thing is having every slot filled.

The second most influential thing (if you can be bothered) is to try and get gear or armoring with the right amplifiers for your class.

All you need to worry about is upgrading you main hand weapon every 6 lvls or so.

I personally run 4 sets in lowbies that I have setup as legacy sets to switch between my 30 something lowbie/mid alts.

I have a set I run from lvl 10 to 21. I have another I run from lvl 22 to 41. I have another from lvl 42 to 53. And one from 54 to 69. Then I go to Ossus at lvl 70 and get the set bonus gear from the vendor.

I don't 'need tips' on gearing thank you. Is it any wonder Bioware continue to make this silly decisions when people like you just defend them? If you can't see what's wrong with a so called daily mission that hasn't been completed after 7 days of trying, then you are just a fanboy.

The fact that the Steam numbers have dropped like a stone just barely 4 weeks after launch speaks volumes that so many of their decisions block some enjoyment people wish to have, should they decide to play casually in PvP.

I enjoy DarthmaulUK's posts he writes everything I have either thought or think.

Unfortunately, the changes they are making are going in the right direction my problem is I have been burnt out for so long with all the troubles in PVP, especially over the last 3 years.

My play time and passion for the game really took a big down turn over the course of the last few years. This changed mostly around the time I started coming across threads and posts by people like Jeff Nyman, when I started reading insider outlooks on BW and SWTOR in general, I had a sense of understanding and relief. Finally it seemed, the idiocy made sense to me, and that's all I needed to disengage from this game.

I hope they get to the map selection but as usual, the amount of resentment that the game is creating with real casuals in PVP is having the opposite effect anyone wants... We want people to want to queue for PVP, not be discouraged and when casuals are feeling the impossibility of getting just the daily PVP quest done, it's making less want to queue.

The quitter debuff is also building a lot of resentment, the same type of resentment the game builds when it forces people to have to get HB maps endlessly! That went on for months, YEARS and by the time something was done about it, most of the people resenting it have long stopped queuing for PVP or quit the game altogether!

This is a serious issue, where BW ought to properly prioritize changes and make them according to what needs fixed first. Take care of it, don't let a bad feature soil and corrupt the game for MONTHS or even YEARS before something is done about it!

I just don't get it tbh. They take 1 step forward, and then 2 back and this has been a longstanding pattern, too. Sigh. I want the game to find success, it's so hard to understand how a game with such a massive platform, such massive exposure, how it could be struggling this badly. Holy crap. Just, sad.

What happened to SWTOR? Some insight by Jeff Nyman (game tester)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=968223

Just in case anyone is bored, and wanted to go over Jeff Nyman's posts, or check out his blog etc. I found his writings really eye-opening, and put things in perspective for me.

Sure, I still get frustrated occasionally when I reflect on the state of this game and what "could have been," but I really moved on and no longer let it's crummy state leave me feeling bad and in a crummy state.

Not to sound ridiculous, but gaming was definitely one of my most enjoyable hobby for many years, gaming has been a part of me since I can remember my childhood.

As I always say, thanks BW for creating so much resentment within me that I lost my desire and addiction to online game! Maybe it's because I went through this same disappointment with Sony and the first EQ.

When a company shows so much disdain and callousness to their player base, I find it beyond disrespectful and that's my biggest bone to pick with BW, it's their overall lack of respect which really starts with their subpar and amateurish community management. I never seen such buffoonery.

Anyway. Thanks I guess? :rak_01:

I don't 'need tips' on gearing thank you. Is it any wonder Bioware continue to make this silly decisions when people like you just defend them? If you can't see what's wrong with a so called daily mission that hasn't been completed after 7 days of trying, then you are just a fanboy.

The fact that the Steam numbers have dropped like a stone just barely 4 weeks after launch speaks volumes that so many of their decisions block some enjoyment people wish to have, should they decide to play casually in PvP.

Don’t take your rage at BioWare out on me. I’m not defending them and if you follow any of my threads, you’ll see that I rarely defend them.

I was trying to help you out. There was no need for you to be rude to me.

I do understand what Bioware are trying to achieve with the changes. They are just going about it in a way that neither you or I agree with.

If you think I’m sticking up for them, go look at my posting history. I also have a constructive feed back thread in the pvp section with a bunch of suggestions for them to do.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Here is my issue as I solo queue 90% of the time. I don't have to wait on other people going bio or refilling a drink. I can jump on and jump off when I want. Saying that, I get a lot of back-fill games. back-fill games are usually losing games. This did not really bother me UNTIL...

I join a back filled losing game, lose, and get nothing for it BUT I can't leave this back-filled losing game or I get a lock-out.

Who wants to do that? I mean seriously? The lead producer is supposed to be a PVPer...

It is dumb and needs to go.

Those new shiny Steam players are seeing the same thing. Who wants to play a mission they can never complete and get beat all around the nodes the whole time while trying to? Sounds crazy fun - am I right?

Here is my issue as I solo queue 90% of the time. I don't have to wait on other people going bio or refilling a drink. I can jump on and jump off when I want. Saying that, I get a lot of back-fill games. back-fill games are usually losing games. This did not really bother me UNTIL...

I join a back filled losing game, lose, and get nothing for it BUT I can't leave this back-filled losing game or I get a lock-out.

Who wants to do that? I mean seriously? The lead producer is supposed to be a PVPer...

It is dumb and needs to go.

Those new shiny Steam players are seeing the same thing. Who wants to play a mission they can never complete and get beat all around the nodes the whole time while trying to? Sounds crazy fun - am I right?

I have to agree, that back filling into an obvious loss and being stuck there is the worst. I think if you back fill

you should have the option to leave with in x amount of time without being locked out. Or you should get the same rears as winning.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Arean’s have there place, just not in the objective pvp queue

You can't balance around 4v4's though. The very format amplifies the smallest imbalances between the classes. They were the answer to requests of server consolidation or cross server pvp. They popped pvp participation for a little bit, but then it tanked hard when people had played enough to realize all the problems the format has: encouraging FOTM choices, one weak teammate tanking the team way harder than in 8's, small imbalances with classes being exceedingly noticeable and naturally the 'worst thing ever just killing the game' because its pvp.