Do you adjust attitude/personality to the character/class?

Path-x

So basically I am curious if you create different personality (reflected through conversation choices) for each character/class or do you just play all characters with the same attitude (you just pick a choice that you feel is right)? And the second question is which classes suited you and which didn't?

When I played each of the class characters I tended to play them with different attitude and made choices that particular character would make. For example, I played Sith characters with Sith mentality, BH with mercenary mentality and so on.

I enjoyed both Sith, IA and smuggler while Jedi, BH and Trooper didn't felt right and therefore I didn't enjoy them that much.

Edit: Reformed the post a bit to make more sense. :p

Edited by Path-x

my main is me had I grown up as a Jedi, but he's clearly me once you get past it all. But all my characters are based on someone I know in real life and is merely a Star Wars adaptation, so what I try to do with each character is use the backstory and setting I created for them with my own stories, but play it as sincerely as possible to what they people they are based on in real life situations. So example, my Sith Warrior is the jealous younger brother of my Jedi Knight, so he's saddled with that backstory, but he's also based on my ACTUAL little brother, whose typically disinterested and raw, often being lazy, though dangerous when you piss him off. And to me it just feels more alive.

Yep i create a different personality for each of my characters and I choose the choices that they would pick. I also try to develop that personality over the course of the game.

pretty much what i do. it's fun watching your characters grow throughout the story.

the classes that i enjoyed the most out of the one's i've currently played (all but SW and IA) would have to be smuggler and jedi knight. i played my gunslinger snarky and a tad greedy, but she was a softy too. my guardian was dutiful, but did have a sense of humor.

That's a strange formulation. I don't adjust my own attitude to match with the character, I just play her in a way that she may display a certain attitude. However, in SW:TOR, due to the voice over, the options are limited. Regardless of what dialogue options your choose, a very big part of every character's personality is already implied in the class.

The behavior, the way she talks I pictured for my Jedi Consular is completely unlike the Jedi Consular in SW:TOR. I pictured a light-hearted, funny, easy going and notoriously shallow character that lets the deeper seriousity of a Jedi Knight only sparsely shine through - she would have never had problems with "not forming attachments" even though she likes to dwell in the spotlight and the center of things, simply because she is shallow. Now if you look at the always serious, always formal role model Jedi Consular, even if you pick dark side options, always reclusive and unapproachable, that's just not possible to do in SW:TOR.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

As Rabenschwinge wrote above me, the voiced dialogues do imply a certain mindset / personality, but it's fun to work within these limitations.

I've told this a few times already in this forum, but when I started my bounty hunter I wanted him to be a cold and ruthless professional, and chose my dialogues with that personality in mind. But as the story progressed, I the player got more attached to Mako and Blizz and decided to alter my character so that he too would like them more than he did initially. So the cold manhunter gradually became more human and compassionate. Which is also fitting for a character growth with a story spanning many many years from the Great Hunt to the open war between the Old Republic and the Empire.

yeah i have very different and similar personalities for my different characters. example my jedi knight is very serious while my jedi shadow is a smart @ss and my Sith inquisitor is a power hungry lets kill them all sorta way. Edited by DarthObelisk
grammar changes

I guess I am like Oggthebase. I have certain ideas about how I want the character to make choices, I create a backstory for them, I often imagine extra dialogue "off screen". But the characters in the game are by no means a clean slate, and that's a good thing, IMO. I find that in the beginning I may have a certain idea of who my character is, but I shift and mold it throughout the story based on what happens and what decisions I meke.

Yeah, I enjoy keeping different personalities in mind for different charactesrs. The main problem I have is that I'm still playing all these characters, so an awful lot of them turn out to be inveterate smart alecks. And I do tend toward light side choices or at least outright neutrality, so I have a Sith warrior for the specific purpose of being eeeeevil.

What's interesting is that my Jedi Knight actually has a pretty consistent personality, even though a little ways into leveling him I decided to always pick a choice with a question mark if available, unless that would refuse the quest. He does share a voice actor with Solid Snake, after all. Planet Prison...!?

Edited by spookysage

Yeah, I enjoy keeping different personalities in mind for different charactesrs. The main problem I have is that I'm still playing all these characters, so an awful lot of them turn out to be inveterate smart alecks.

i do that a lot by accident. my main is a smuggler and sometimes when i'm playing my jedi, i forget what class i am and then end up asking for creds.

Yes, my Sith Warrior was almost completely Dark Side until I hit 50 and decided my character already achieved so much that at this point he's gotta be bored. The Emperor appointed a ruthless person to be his Wrath so at this point what's left for him? Be good until the Emperor sends someone to off him and then my character will have a good fight again. :) Plus it would piss off his Dark Side wife.

I actually do adjust it per class, but its also fun to twist it when you're playing that class over, for example, my sniper was very respectful to the Sith and their power, even after certain events and revelations in chapter 2, but my operative is rude and disrespectful, and clearly follows no one but keeper, which I enjoy a lot after already knowing what happens in chapter 2, i like thinking her personality is one of the main factors leading up to those events. She is still loyal to the empire, however, and that plays a large role in her response..... or it will when i get there. :p Or my sent, who is in every way your typical Jedi, nice, calm, and always willing to help the needy, but he does have hidden passions when it comes to Kira. Or my smuggler, who flirts with everything that is female, but only wants a serious relationship with Risha, or my merc, who only wants credits, holds no loyalty except to the Mandalorians, is ruthless, but has multiple connections within the empire, and is someone the empire can always depend on when the military and even other Mandalorians failed. Basically I go with what seems to be the "proper" or "given" personality for each class, then I like to twist it a little, and even though BW has pretty much defined your toon's personality, they do give you the chance to twist it a little, which I enjoy doing. To be honest, Ive never RP'ed, Ive never really had an interest in it, but this game is slowly and surely dragging me into it.... and God help me, its kind of fun :D

I've only leveled my Sorc, Jug, Merc and Op to 50.

That being said only my Sorc and Merc experienced changes.

Merc: Mako made him a little bit less rough around the edges, less prone to kill people for being *twitchy.* He formerly shot people if they moved their hands towards their jacket or belt - trigger happy might be a good description.

Sorc: MASSIVE changes. It all starts with Darh Zash, my Sorcerer's first and only, mother figure. Zash was the first person in a position of authority in my Sorcerer's 23 years as a slave to show him kindness. Thanks to her, his paranoia changed to a helpful personality that tried to avoid conflict.

There were 2 incidents that coloured my Sorcerer's view of the galaxy, changing it from jaded, to that of of a dirty, broken mirror shattered into a thousand cutting shards.

1. The 1st incident was the affair between Elana Thul and Nomar Organa. My Sorcerer never threatened Lady Thul, never hurt her and was completely honest with Nomar Organa. And PISSED when he discovered that Nomar Organa had abandoned the Lady Thul a 2nd time and was waiting for him. Was I angry that he'd ambushed me? Nope. Was I angry that he'd broken Elana's heart a 2nd time? HELL YES. Up until this point I'd never liked Revel, but when he approved of my "You betrayed Rehanna twice." dialogue choice, he went from being my least favourite companion, to above Khem Val (who I affectionately refer to as my morose monster).

2. But "mommy's" betrayal of me was the reason I went from being Light III in Act I to Dark V in Act III. Simply put, her comments about how I was 'wasting my freedom' by not going for power resonated with how bitter I felt when the first person to show kindness to me betrayed me. I didn't get her the artifacts because I wanted power from some arcane ritual, I did it because I was grateful for her choosing me as her apprentice. After I trapped her in the mind trap I sent it in a torpedo tube - into the sun. Mommy made a mistake:mad:

Edited by AshlaBoga

Since the history of the war spans at least 20 years prior to when the "peace" treaty was signed i base my characters and thier inevitable deep sink into the darkside on the assumption that if they were young children exposed to the war and its horrors they cannot properly deal with what they saw and what they were exposed to and can find no real way to cope with it other than to become destructive weapons of war themselves.

Using my dark jedi as an example, who has told many of the jedi council members to go f**k themselves numerous times and has used force choke to snap the neck of aleyna hark, using the force to persuade a sith lord to get on his knees and be executed, along with the resentment that arises during the first chapter when they are really doing nothing more than hiding away the republics dirty secrets, is also extremely protective of kira especially since discovering her true origins.

Its the small character details that i found on my first playthrough make the gameplay better rather than simply mindlessly goin around and doin jobs like this was grand theft auto