Legacy Items... Purpose?

Achyuta

I'm just curious, but what is the purpose of the legacy items? I know that sounds like a noob question, but seriously? When I first read about the legacy items, I thought they were going to be like the BOA items in WoW, where your items level up with you, but from what I'm reading, I'm incorrect. I mean the first item I got was a level 14 lightsaber... but I already get one at level 7.

Please explain what is so special about legacy items? Thank you for your time.

The kit is designed to help one of your low level characters in your legacy, with a low level weapon.

I get that completely... but what makes them better than the customizeable stuff you can use?

We'll let's take the level 14 single Jedi Knight Lightsaber.

The stats on it are something like 21 str 27 end and whatever the attack rating/force power is. Even with purple level 15 mods in an orange lightsaber you can't get stats that come close to these until around 19-21.

We'll let's take the level 14 single Jedi Knight Lightsaber.

The stats on it are something like 21 str 27 end and whatever the attack rating/force power is. Even with purple level 15 mods in an orange lightsaber you can't get stats that come close to these until around 19-21.

Pretty much this. I handed the kit off to a new Warrior, traded it in at 14 for a lightsaber, and was 24 before I went back to using the one I received at the end of Korriban