Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing all servers back offline. We quickly discovered an issue that was potentially impacting players previous story choices. We are going to keep the servers offline until we can understand what is happening to players and how we can resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Look to this thread for updates.

-eric

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
thank you, will chars effected be offered a rollback ?

Right now we are trying to work out a few things:

• How to resolve the issue to prevent it from happening when we bring everything back online.
  • We figure out a way to correct players who had choices overwritten.
  • What we can do to get the game back up again ASAP.

-eric

If it helps you guys any the one character I logged in that was effected by this bug had an open mission I was replaying from Kotfe this may have triggered the problem

same here, played chapter 2 kotfe for those amazing eyes screenies bc of my new hardware ...maybe this should make this problem.

If you have a chapter in the mission log you have a problem ...seems so at my point of view

I would absolutely LOVE a rollback because a lot of my choices are gone including companions due to choices being negated.

From experience with choice based games like this, the choices we make tend to be negated by a major choice of some sort.....which is annoying and makes me feel like 'what is the point of choices if they are never impactful' you know?

same here, played chapter 2 kotfe for those amazing eyes screenies bc of my new hardware ...maybe this should make this problem.

If you have a chapter in the mission log you have a problem ...seems so at my point of view

And you cant drop those mission to even avoid it if that is indeed the problem

I didn't have any chapters but I did have old Ilum and Makeb quests I haven't been able to abandon, but they have been in my quest log since before I even started the shadow of Revan quests,

It could be something to do with those aswell

Let's just hope it gets fixed :(

Logged on my Guardian who saved Theron and he was dead. Logged on my Sorc who let him die and he was alive. Immediately knew something was wrong then. At least ya'll brought them down quick to fix it. Not even annoyed cause I knew it was too good to be true a patch launched with no issues. It's just kinda the norm at this point.

Of course I have no idea if this is related to the issue, but my install ran into a problem of some sort and had to do a repair. First time I ever had to run a repair scan during a patch installation.
Yea, it happened to me too. It auto-repaired while patching Main Assets during around 30% - 40%.

Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing all servers back offline. We quickly discovered an issue that was potentially impacting players previous story choices. We are going to keep the servers offline until we can understand what is happening to players and how we can resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Look to this thread for updates.

-eric

Is there an ETA or a rough estimation on completion of this, i mean i would have thought you would have found this problem long before the patch going live......oh yeah...you didn't have the story enabled........that was your big mistake right there.

In the future, while i understand there are bugs in releases now-a-days, now more than ever before, so you really should have had ALL the content on the PTS to be tested, because if its not done on the PTS, it tends to lead to delays to being released to live servers because the problem that would have been found on the PTS easily if the story content was released on PTS for testing.

Just saying.