Balance patch when?

Craydingus

Every freakin' warzone Jugg Tank, Concealment, and AP are being played in disproportionately large numbers, while you see people playing Sin Tank, Madness, and Rage about as often as you see high-res images of bigfoot. This is making the game stale. Take the top specs down a notch and give the weak specs some assistance so we can have a diverse and interesting meta instead of this monotony where you end up playing teams of the exact same comp match after match after match.

• 6 months later...
Every freakin' warzone Jugg Tank, Concealment, and AP are being played in disproportionately large numbers, while you see people playing Sin Tank, Madness, and Rage about as often as you see high-res images of bigfoot. This is making the game stale. Take the top specs down a notch and give the weak specs some assistance so we can have a diverse and interesting meta instead of this monotony where you end up playing teams of the exact same comp match after match after match.

I agree those 3 specs are just too much ,but forget about operstive and PT nerf,cos they wont do it. Its the 2 dev's favorites. The PT isnt really a problem when alone,actually. Only when they have a guard or healer,witch most of the time they do.

Imo,the real problems in pvp are the effectiveness of guard and class stacking. I mean,3-4 of any class can make a huuuge diff. Try to figtht against 4 snipers and u wont even see ur HP goin down ,and insta dead; Try to fight 4 mercs,and ull die so fast with so many nets; or either ops and sins, and u wont be able to move due to stunlock and huge bursts. And guard is just too effective, while jugg tanks can put a lot of dmg together with the protection. I mean,they shouldnt be that good in dps ,if they are nearly unkillable, unless almost everyone in a team focus em and they dont have a healer.

Swtor meta 6 has been the worst for balance ever. So this along with very little updates has been the worst meta so far.

We never had it so bad, in the near ten years of the game.

Lets hope 7.0 will be much better in fixing things.

Only balance patch we had was just after 6.0 launched which fixed the Sins endless burst. Then they fixed Tactical changed and with guard they reduced damage to 50% (does this work?).

I think guard has something broken in code, as it seems to become more powerful with every expansion.

Swtor meta 6 has been the worst for balance ever.

depends what form of pvp you play. it's been one of the better ones for solo ranked. (as long as you don't mind running away to be a measure of skill)

I would argue that the real problem isn't particular classes (except AP's burst is notably beyond any other spec in the game), but there's a proliferation of immunity abilities/dcds that allow lone dps to basically break the objective maps.

in part this is power creep. in part it's the emphasis on balance specifically for solo ranked. in part, it's a game engine that just cannot "roll" with these fancy abilities. the end result is that even a mediocre player in a tank or stealth spec can prevent 2 or 3 players from capping a node for an inordinate amount of time despite being relatively close in skill level (a person who's clearly higher skill level is always going to make whatever class he plays look op).

I would also argue that re-balancing needs to happen more just to shake things up.

Edited by CheesyEZ