I'm through being in denial.....

Jydo-Law

.......Everything about Sith is cooler than Jedi. Starting zones, stances,animations, etc.....

Why?

-Consulars fling dirt and rocks and have rocks actually float around them( so dumb).

-Who wants to fight through a junkyard infested w/ Fleshraiders and listen to Twi'lek pilgrams cry when you could roll through bad *** ancient tombs for 10 levels!!!!!

-JK runs around with his LS in both hands. That just doesn't look comfortable.

-And most of all Sith gear looks AMAZING....Jedi gear looks like recycled middle east bath robes.

/***

Edited by Wekeltes

I have fun on both sides of the fence. I wish there were more variation between the sides, they are simply mirror classes.

Whether I continue to have fun remains to be seen after this 'voluntary' server move, whether or not i get to keep my names.

Lol. Too funny. I agree with you in the fact that most of the Consular clothing looks like crap. I like the Knight's armor, though.

I've already got the armors in his inventory that will make him look like a Trooper. If you can't win, improvise.

I've already got the armors in his inventory that will make him look like a Trooper. If you can't win, improvise.

What gets me is that a knight (Ven Zallow?) stares out at you from the middle of the loading screen looking exactly like this. Trooper-ish heavy armor with an outer robe over that. Done.

Yep, I made my consular look like a soldier instead of a flowy robe-wearer.

Edited by AelixVII

.......Everything about Sith is cooler than Jedi. Starting zones, stances,animations, etc.....

Why?

-Consulars fling dirt and rocks and have rocks actually float around them( so dumb).

-Who wants to fight through a junkyard infested w/ Fleshraiders and listen to Twi'lek pilgrams cry when you could roll through bad *** ancient tombs for 10 levels!!!!!

-And most of all Sith gear looks AMAZING....Jedi gear looks like recycled middle east bath robes.

/***

It's a funny thing how opinions work eh? Some of us are not a fan of tombs or acting like an evil twit while wearing an emo dress.

Wack gear is a lie, there is only shine.

Through shine, I gain bling.

Through bling, I gain sexy.

Through sexy, I gain swag.

Through swag, my chains are broken.

The Swag shall free me.

This is why sith gear and animations are cooler than jedi.

Edited by vojinsa

I'd have to disagree. Nearly all the Inquisitor gear is horrible. Consular has bad endgame gear too, but you can rectify that with some of the beautiful early game gear, for example the Jedi Initiate's Vestments which go great with moddable pants. I haven't found any light armor pants/robes combinations Empire-side that don't look ridiculous.

In terms of aesthetics, JC > Inquisitor, in my opinion:

- none of the inquisitor gear allows you to even remotely look like Darth Maul

- purple lightning looks terrible compared to the awesome blue lightning from the movies

- force stealth tints you purple as an Inquisitor camouflages you as a Shadow

- there are actually different animations for offensive spells, eg. Disturbance, Turbulence, Telekinetic Throw, Project all look very different. But all the Inquisitor spells are the exact same, it's just lightning, including their stun.

- "charging" your lightsaber with lightning is goofy and laugh-inducing at best.

- Dark Ward doesn't have a persistant visual effect like the Shadow equivalent allowing you to easily keep track of it's presence.

- in terms of storyline, the Inquisitor does not do any manipulation at all and fails at his own objectives and does not live up to the idea of being like Palpatine. The Consular's (although act I suffers from being repetitive) is a very believable diplomat and ties deeply with the planetary storylines. You also get to witness the history of a lot of the ancient Jedi like Bastila Shan and others from the KOTOR games. Those who have gotten past the first act often rate it as the best class story in the game other than the IA.

- electrocuting everyone you come across gets old after two planets, and the lingering sound effect on dead bodies is very irritating.

Basically Inquisitors and their story feel so un-Star Wars to me that out of 8 character classes on my server I've deleted both a Sorceror and an Assassin and Inquisitors will be the only base class that I will not level to 50.

Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight are pretty much tied for awesome looks though. You can look like Darth Malgus (rebreather and pretty much any juggernaut armor) or Ven Zallow (jedi battlelord or legacy JK gear).

Edited by Jenzali

The Republic characters, landscapes and stories are all incredibly bland; They speak in a strange stilted monotone of overly-carefully enunciated English and everything that isn't beige or brown is an earthen pastel.

The conversations are never surprising or controversial or even vaguely challenging, everybody cares completely for the sake of others and the Republic and have no desire or interest in doing anything beyond growing lima beans and collecting cub-scout achievement badges. Everybody trusts everybody else implicitly, they all live in some crazy uncanny valley where people all just do what other people tell them to.

The only thing in any way remarkable about the Republic is that it is generic incarnate.

Despite being a setting where their civilisation spans an entire galaxy, where individuals own little ships with super-FTL drives and can galavant around fighting an obscenely evil civilisation.. there's nothing even vaguely interesting or challenging about them - other than not being the Empire.

Both sides are guilty of wearing robes in a super-sci fi setting though... that's just inexcusable, it's a whole other topic but this fascination with robes, no matter what the setting, must end.

Seriously, robes are not appropriate for any kind of physical exertion let-alone the extremes of melee!

They're really stretching the friendship in typical fantasy settings after so many years of them and they're absolutely, categorically not appropriate for a sci-fi setting!

The entire Republic exists only to mirror the Empire.

It doesn't have an identity of it's own and yet it's supposed to be a fantabulously, many millennia old galactic civilisation full of influence from a massively diverse alien populations on thousands of worlds, with whom it trades freely and completely embraces.

The Sith are the Empire, it doesn't really have an identity either and the Sith are just comically extreme individuals, sociopathically and psychopathically evil. Waking up each day to grab a coffee and un-thinkingly eviscerate a random somebody on their way to do whatever's on their evil agenda that evil day.

They're all so extremely evil that it really loses its impact - like driving through a crowd of people in GTA

Their motivation to destroy the Republic is simply that, to break stuff. Their opposition could be absolutely anything and they'd do exactly the same things, they're simply 1-dimensionally evil for the sake of being evil.

The Republic characters, landscapes and stories are all incredibly bland; They speak in a strange stilted monotone of overly-carefully enunciated English and everything that isn't beige or brown is an earthen pastel.

The conversations are never surprising or controversial or even vaguely challenging, everybody cares completely for the sake of others and the Republic and have no desire or interest in doing anything beyond growing lima beans and collecting cub-scout achievement badges. Everybody trusts everybody else implicitly, they all live in some crazy uncanny valley where people all just do what other people tell them to.

The only thing in any way remarkable about the Republic is that it is generic incarnate.

Despite being a setting where their civilisation spans an entire galaxy, where individuals own little ships with super-FTL drives and can galavant around fighting an obscenely evil civilisation.. there's nothing even vaguely interesting or challenging about them - other than not being the Empire.

Both sides are guilty of wearing robes in a super-sci fi setting though... that's just inexcusable, it's a whole other topic but this fascination with robes, no matter what the setting, must end.

Seriously, robes are not appropriate for any kind of physical exertion let-alone the extremes of melee!

They're really stretching the friendship in typical fantasy settings after so many years of them and they're absolutely, categorically not appropriate for a sci-fi setting!

It doesn't have an identity of it's own and yet it's supposed to be a fantabulously, many millennia old galactic civilisation full of influence from a massively diverse alien populations on thousands of worlds, with whom it trades freely and completely embraces.

The Sith are the Empire, it doesn't really have an identity either and the Sith are just comically extreme individuals, sociopathically and psychopathically evil. Waking up each day to grab a coffee and un-thinkingly eviscerate a random somebody on their way to do whatever's on their evil agenda that evil day.

They're all so extremely evil that it really loses its impact - like driving through a crowd of people in GTA

Their motivation to destroy the Republic is simply that, to break stuff. Their opposition could be absolutely anything and they'd do exactly the same things, they're simply 1-dimensionally evil for the sake of being evil.

I agree with this entire post.

In reply to the previous two posts - I agree, but I think that's true of the lore as well. It would be more interesting if being good cost you something, and if being evil led to all kinds of success, but cost you something else.

For example, doing the right thing doesn't always come with a reward, but in this game it does. If X is in danger, and your Jedi goes and saves X, you get a big "thank you", but you also get some gear, XP, and credits. It would be interesting if sometimes doing the right thing only ended up... being the right thing to do. For example, if doing the Dark Side choice gave you an immediate reward, but choosing the Light Side gave you no reward.

Alternately, Dark Side corruption only shows up physically, and you even get the option to show that or not. I think it would be interesting if the dark side was more immediately powerful than the light side, but dark side corruption was permanent, and maybe had long term effects (like slowing movement speed or something). So, Dark Side toons would eventually be weak and frail like the Emperor, but really powerful.

But alas, this will never happen, as having an interesting story and characters and meaningful choices will always lose to endgame PVP mechanics.

All of my characters are sith, and actually i'm rather jealous of the rock-throwing and mainly inquisitor robes, I personally think they look much, much better than mirror classes..

Only reason I don't play republic is because the storyline just seems to bore me.

Why?

/***

I thought the same UNTIL I reached the end of Balmoraa on my Guardian. The quest reward for finishing the main story is a very cool looking robe. I now sorta look like a cross between a samari and a paladin. White with Dark brown and grey accesents. Looks very cool with all the gear taking on the same hue. Also I actually "feel" like a "good guy" playing the guardian story. You know in the sense of Malcum Reynolds as in a "Big D@mn Hero". :)

But overall, yes I do like the Imperial Side much more than the Republic side.

Edited by Urael

Ummmm. I'm sorry. Guess I'm slow cause I'm not understanding what you are trying to imply with the bolded part.

If you can't win (get the robes you want due to the failure of the game selection), improvise (choose something you do have control over)

Why?

/***

You've never been hit with a rock? That thing hurts!! Now imagine hundreds of them hitting you!

Also, you're meeting new cultures and exploring the wilderness of the mostly uninhabited Tython.

I'm not sure what you mean by LS ... Light saber? SW do that too ...

Improvise.

/***

Its all how you look at it. Consulars can rip up the very earth and propel it into their enemies while sages get to rub their robes together and hit you with a static shock.

My Jedi Guardian looks great in the set armor he picked up in Maelstrom Prison.

I play characters on both sides and neither really holds a big advantage over the other for me...but that is why some of us like green and not red, and some like ketchup on hot dogs (eww) and not mustard (the only way to have them).

Subjectivity is amazing. :p

Whoever thought that War Hero consular gear should make you look like a space Roman, should be fired. I mean come on, Smugglers that look like Robin Hood?? *** Guys?? Why not make some armor that actually looks modern for the Elegant Age. You have 6 movies and a crap ton of notes from Lucas Arts that you can pull from. Sith have the best looking gear in game and what does the republic gear get.. CRAP. Don't get me wrong.. some of the trooper stuff look neat, but why ovenmits for gloves on a consular and curvy shoulder pads? Remember guys, less can sometimes be more and sometimes a little variation on a theme can be a good thing?

What about allowing us to choose the color of the chest when we get it (main color and trim color) and then color match from there!

I would love to have a crimson colored Consular robe with Gold highlights, but unless something is done, we'll never have that. Give us some variety guys!!! please?

Edited by Jovann

Please, someone print this and send over to every player.

You perfectly typed out a summary of the setting. I was always too lazy to do so, but you had the guts.

I'm a dyed in the wool hard core Sith. I love them, I love playing them, they are effing amazing. That said, I do like to explore how the other half live, and I have to say, that the OP is right.

I kind of feel sorry for the Jedi in a sense...especially with their clothing and ships. Clothing is boring, I mean, how many shades of brown are there? 50 Shades of Brown? :D Their ships are the worst. Of all classes, Jedi ships suck the hind teat. There are no staff quarters, there isn't even a kolto tank in the med bay, which I might point out is next to the engine room, have fun recuperating, lol. It just lacks everything, when you consider what Smuggler, SW, Agent and even BH get. BH isn't much better, but atleast they have crew quarters...c'mon.

The only thing that sorta jumps out at me, that might be better than Sith, (and this could only be my perception, I'm not sure) is that the Sentinel animations seem faster and cooler than those of the Marauder...but thats the only thing really. Everything else about Jedi culture pretty much sux. :cool:

PS and story lines. Consular does suck. Watching paint dry is more fun...

Edited by Lunafox