Dual-spec Coming and no changing advanced classes!

CzaplaM

Dual Spec is coming and it is only a matter of time. Pretty exciting.

I for one am all for this idea, I'm just hoping people stop complaining that they can't change their advanced class. It just doesn't make sense whether there is a story or not involved, if you want to change to the other advanced class make a new guy!

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

From this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012 <-- read it

Here is another post on it http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2504

Edited by CzaplaM

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...

Dual Spec Change: Good

Advanced Class Change: Bad

...glad to hear that.

Let's copy WoW...but we'll be subtle...we'll introduce things that have proven to be popular over a long period of time to mask the fact that we are a blatant copy that has failed its task at copying.

Let's copy WoW...but we'll be subtle...we'll introduce things that have proven to be popular over a long period of time to mask the fact that we are a blatant copy that has failed its task at copying.

I don't see how you could be any less subtle than implementing stuff after launch that wow already proved was a great thing to have in a game

Now now. They are release stuff in installments for a reason. If everything was out all at once well, people will complain more.

Well they always complain.

If they dont implement things wow has, people complain and rage quit. If they do, people get on their backs for adding it. How can they win?

Those are different groups of people, and it's clear which group they're listening to. Yay!

I for one am all for this idea, I'm just hoping people stop complaining that they can't change their advanced class. It just doesn't make sense whether there is a story or not involved, if you want to change to the other advanced class make a new guy!

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

From this thread:

called it for duel specs since day 1. I bet they will add advance class repecs too . I also called for cross server pvp, now if they only start working on LFG cross-server

EQ2 had dual specs through AA mirors in your house before wow had a duel spec.

called it for duel specs since day 1. I bet they will add advance class repecs too . I also called for cross server pvp, now if they only start working on LFG cross-server

You can already class respec. You just can't change your Advance Class, and will not be able to change it in the future.

You do understand what permanent means, don't you?

Im ok with permanent Advanced Class choice for the same reason that you are not allowed to change your base class. But dual spec is still limited.

It would offer a lot more variety if you could change skilltree specs whenever you want, straight within the skilltree window. And maybe with the option to save templates. (All within your chosen Advanced Class of course). This would make preparing for a certain group composition a lot more efficient.

From this thread:

It wont stop. Bioware gave that inch.

Now they will continue to say they should have AC duel specs and say because you added duel specs after launch you should do it for AC also.

I give it 2-3 months before duel spec in AC is added after they do duel specs because acter they add duel specs they dont care about the game but just trying to keep peoples money.

From this thread:

No I don't want to play the same class to 50 and regear just to tank and not heal or dps on a BH. Its a spec not another class! Just because its called that by the devs dosn't mean its so.

Dual Spec Change: Good

Advanced Class Change: Bad

...glad to hear that.

Also good for TOR; people have to level alts if they want to play both adv. classes. Moar grinding!

I don't think I'd care either way if they made the dual-spec work for both adv. class or not. I just like dual spec. One for questing, one for groups. Can't wait.

And to those hilariously idiotic "oh look, they're copying WoW again",

1.) Making an MMO is automatically copying WoW, apparently, and

2.) Don't like it, don't use it. Keep spending the credits for those respecs, that'll show BioWare how angry you are!

rift...

Rift let you change from a Warrior to a Mage? No. The class system that Rift has is essentially a 4-class system with each class having a ridiculous number of talent trees you can choose from and change as you desire. It is essentially allowing you to custom create a class by mixing and matching as many as three talent trees at any time. The talent trees you choose also determine what abilities you have though very rigidly requiring you to spend certain amounts of points in that particular tree to get the abilities it enhances. Most builds don't even get all of the abilities from one tree. The Rift system is an oddity among MMOs. TOR is built like a combination of Aion and WoW. Choices but still rigid which very much makes balance much easier. I've seen the problems with Rift's class system. It's very open and free but I've seen many, many complaints in regards to particular builds being overly dominant and most others not even being close to effective. Games like that are a nightmare to balance.

Edited by Varteras