Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please remove/rework Reflect from non-saber wielding classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Please remove/rework Reflect from non-saber wielding classes

KnightTyler
10.16.2017 , 03:58 PM | #1
Saber Reflect was unique to Guardian's and Juggernaut's but now it seems like everybody has a reflect. The introduction of "utilities" in 3.0 removed most of the things that were unique about disciplines and gave it to everyone, except now we are shoehorned into using a select few because some utilities are MANDATORY for a discipline to operate properly.

Commandos/Mercenaries and Scoundrels/Operatives do NOT need a Reflect. It does NOT fit their class' thematically whatsoever. Tell me, how many times have you seen a trooper, smuggler, or bounty hunter reflect anything in any other star wars content? Jedi/Sith have always been the ones that reflect/deflect blaster fire back and that is because they are empowered with the force.

I propose reworking 'Back At YA / Blow For Blow' and 'Echoing Deterrence / Responsive Safeguards' into something that removes the reflect and reworks the abilities into something that fits their respective classes thematically. This is not to say that Commandos / Mercenaries did not need a defensive buff. Before 5.0, everyone complained about their survivability and I have no reason to say that they did not need to be buffed defensively. However, when introducing new abilities and utilities shouldn't the classes have something that fits thematically?

Suggestion:
  • Back At Ya/Blow For Blow - Dodge/Evasion grants Back At Ya/Blow For Blow. While active, every time you are attacked you throw a timed grenade at the enemy that detonates when Dodge/Blow For Blow ends. Stacks up to (X) times. (Uses Thermal Grenade and Fragmentation Grenade animations to throw grenade)
  • Echoing Deterrence/Responsive Safeguards - Activates an advanced response system/Engages a defensive response system that absorbs all incoming direct single target damage for the next 6 seconds, and heals you for 5% of your maximum health each time an attack is absorbed. For every attack absorbed, your damage is increased by (X%) up to a maximum of (Y%) for (Z) seconds. Can be used while stunned.

Even though Saber Reflect will no longer be unique to just Guardians/Juggernauts even with the above suggestions since Shadows/Assassins have access to it with Avenging Grip/Retaliatory Grip, it would make sense thematically speaking for Shadows/Assassins to have the ability to reflect back damage. It just makes no sense for a non-force user/non-lightsaber wielding character to have the ability to reflect anything back.
CE Owner - Subscriber since Day 1 - Arbitrator of <Anchor> on The Shadowlands

GhOsTPrOz
10.16.2017 , 05:09 PM | #2
Salty pleb is salty.
<Tragic Heroes> Star Forge
<It's A Trap> Darth Malgus
http://tragicheroes.enjin.com/
Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/XsKLPx

KnightTyler
10.16.2017 , 05:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
Salty pleb is salty.
Hey man can you rub your hands over my fries right quick? And quit inSALTing me lol.

For real though, tell me how much sense it makes for a reflect to be on classes that don't use the force or wield a lightsaber? I don't care that Mandos/Mercs finally got a defensive buff when 5.0 hit but you should at least be able to see the point Im trying to make when I say that classes should get things that are thematically appropiate.

- The Salty Patrician, not Pleb
CE Owner - Subscriber since Day 1 - Arbitrator of <Anchor> on The Shadowlands

Threjyan
10.17.2017 , 04:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightTyler View Post
Even though Saber Reflect will no longer be unique to just Guardians/Juggernauts even with the above suggestions since Shadows/Assassins have access to it with Avenging Grip/Retaliatory Grip, it would make sense thematically speaking for Shadows/Assassins to have the ability to reflect back damage. It just makes no sense for a non-force user/non-lightsaber wielding character to have the ability to reflect anything back.
but but, my operative can overload its stealth generator that for instead of a stealth it goes for a reflect
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..