Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Utilities overhaul 5.6 suggestions everyone contribute their balanced opinions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Utilities overhaul 5.6 suggestions everyone contribute their balanced opinions

supertimtaf
10.16.2017 , 05:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Hatred has the same problem as the ranged dot cousin: dps pre execute is a tad underwhelming compared to other classes in it's damage group but get's very good once a target is under 30% health. Oh and the problem of deathmarks being "eaten up" by mirrored dot classes should be fixed.
Yep, you're right for the Deathmark issue, I should add this to the list.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

MuskyBoy
10.16.2017 , 09:00 AM | #12
Hatred has the same problem as the ranged dot cousin: dps pre execute is a tad underwhelming compared to other classes in it's damage group but get's very good once a target is under 30% health. Oh and the problem of deathmarks being "eaten up" by mirrored dot classes should be fixed.
That's a dps issue not a utility/ability issue the fact that every dps spec (except Hatred and Pyro) in the game has in built AOE damage reduction or the ability to take a utility that gives AOE damage reduction (even ranged) is what I'm speaking about.

CraigOnXD
10.16.2017 , 09:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
-Give back Phasewalk
supporting that but tbh i think u need to nerf phasing phantasm for that (wouldnt see a problem if it would be around 40% anyway)
http://www.swtor.com/r/4K28JN

<<All-Star Sync Squad>>

ottffsse
10.16.2017 , 11:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CraigOnXD View Post
supporting that but tbh i think u need to nerf phasing phantasm for that (wouldnt see a problem if it would be around 40% anyway)
Given that sins have stealth I think phasewalk is ok for them but only if it is on a longer cooldown - say 1.5m (1min 30 sec).

supertimtaf
10.16.2017 , 11:55 AM | #15
Given that sins have stealth I think phasewalk is ok for them but only if it is on a longer cooldown - say 1.5m (1min 30 sec).
Phasewalk was for sin only at first and the cooldown was shorter as well, I don't see why, if we get it back, we should have it with a bigger cd than sorc. Both class needs it, not one more than the other.

Quote: Originally Posted by CraigOnXD View Post
I wasn't sure about this utility tbh, so I left it as it is now. There has been time where the 60% absorb just didn't work for me, so I thought that maybe it had a trick to it or else. Still, I'll add the 20% nerf

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

CraigOnXD
10.16.2017 , 12:06 PM | #16
well, back before 5.0 sins used phasewalk MOSTLY for a safe out of combat vanish (at least in ranked). so PW->Vanish to make sure u wont get pulled in combat by taunts and so on. i dont see the problem with the normal cooldown then. anyway i would take everything it needs to get pw back lol
http://www.swtor.com/r/4K28JN

<<All-Star Sync Squad>>

ottffsse
10.16.2017 , 01:59 PM | #17
Usually my recommendation is is "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Right now
-Aoe damage mitigation needs to be improved on hatred sins.
-Pt tank utilities needs a buff, Pt dps utilities need a slight buff
-Sorc dps utilities need a slight buff (without buffing the heal spec) - specifically making bubble more useful rather then a just "delay death" mechanic
-Jugg dps utilities need a slight buff - on enraged defence
-Sniper utilities need a slight nerf - self heals are a bit overtuned
-Merc dps utilities need a moderate nerf to self heals, heal probably only a slight nerf if any
-Mara just needs a slight nerf to ruthless agressor it is a little op on the dr it gives, but on this class I really would caution on overdoing any nerf as they don't have off-heals
-Agent healer needs better interrupt immunity for a short time
-Tank sins are fine
-Sin dps is fine - as long as sniper/merc (and to a lesser extent mara) utilities are adjusted as suggested above they will be balanced, same goes for operative dps, right now it is out of whack as sin dps got nerfed without merc/sniper utilities being down-tuned.

supertimtaf
10.25.2017 , 03:58 PM | #18
Usually my recommendation is is "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Right now
-Aoe damage mitigation needs to be improved on hatred sins.
-Pt tank utilities needs a buff, Pt dps utilities need a slight buff
-Sorc dps utilities need a slight buff (without buffing the heal spec) - specifically making bubble more useful rather then a just "delay death" mechanic
-Jugg dps utilities need a slight buff - on enraged defence
-Sniper utilities need a slight nerf - self heals are a bit overtuned
-Merc dps utilities need a moderate nerf to self heals, heal probably only a slight nerf if any
-Mara just needs a slight nerf to ruthless agressor it is a little op on the dr it gives, but on this class I really would caution on overdoing any nerf as they don't have off-heals
-Agent healer needs better interrupt immunity for a short time
-Tank sins are fine
-Sin dps is fine - as long as sniper/merc (and to a lesser extent mara) utilities are adjusted as suggested above they will be balanced, same goes for operative dps, right now it is out of whack as sin dps got nerfed without merc/sniper utilities being down-tuned.
I suggest you take a look at Reddit to see what are the utility change planned for now. I think they wanted to see how much they could mess up things. Click here for more incompetence

Ansultares
10.25.2017 , 06:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Those changes are lulz worthy. Guess the dev team is simply too busy with the mergers to do more than mail it in on these utility changes.
Snare

supertimtaf
10.25.2017 , 06:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
Those changes are lulz worthy. Guess the dev team is simply too busy with the mergers to do more than mail it in on these utility changes.
Some of them weren't needed imo.
Removing the 30% DR for sin dps ? Well rip, sad to see they'll die on a hardstun now.

Meanwhile, seems like Merc and Snipers utility still haven't been adressed.