Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

Vibeth
01.25.2012 , 12:44 AM | #21
Starts off slow, gets better and better in Act 2 and above though.

Takenbreath
01.25.2012 , 12:55 AM | #22
I loved it but I also love very over the top action movies.

Ryukan
01.25.2012 , 03:01 AM | #23
I enjoyed the Jedi Knight story overall and especially when it started ramping up in Act II and III. There was a bit too much of the "weapon of mass destruction on X planet" theme used over and over again.

I focused on Kira as my main companion most of the time up to 50 and maxed out her affection and completed her storyline (I think). Romancing her and the different parts of her storyline actually added enhanced the main storyline for me by adding interesting elements that went well with the main storyline. I never once saw any
Spoiler
for romancing Kira, which I was sure was going to happen. I took the romance with her all the way
Spoiler
She still says some really cheesy stuff both in the dialogues and while running around. I wish they hadn't let the interns write her dialogue.

The end fight with
Spoiler
while being challenging enough felt a bit at odds storywise. After the initial encounter with him it I didn't think it would go down like it did. I kept thinking something was going to happen at the end and he was going to pull some trick that would let him get away.

Afterwards, the stuff
Spoiler
and his rise to power was expected but done well enough.

Siorac
01.25.2012 , 05:14 AM | #24
Gets a bit old when you save the galaxy for the nth time; I mean, just how many planet-destroying superweapons can exist at any given time?

It picks up quite a bit in Act II though. And I wonder where the game's story will go from here, what with how our class quest and then one of the flashpoints end.

Azunai_
01.25.2012 , 05:29 AM | #25
if this game had been released as an offline RPG (knights of the old republic 3), the story would be pretty close to what we got as the jedi knight story, IMO.

Maidel
01.25.2012 , 05:31 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Gets a bit old when you save the galaxy for the nth time; I mean, just how many planet-destroying superweapons can exist at any given time?
You havent seen the films or read the books then?

Let me see, there are two deathstars, star forge, centre point station, Mass shadow generator, Dark Reaper, shawken Device, though bomb, death star prototype, the tarkin, the sun crusher, the galaxy gun, world devestators and the dark sabre.

And they are just the ones I can remember!

Siorac
01.25.2012 , 06:35 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
You havent seen the films or read the books then?

Let me see, there are two deathstars, star forge, centre point station, Mass shadow generator, Dark Reaper, shawken Device, though bomb, death star prototype, the tarkin, the sun crusher, the galaxy gun, world devestators and the dark sabre.

And they are just the ones I can remember!
Yeah but hey, the Star Forge and the Death Stars are separated by thousands of years and even in the case of the others at least a few years pass between any two superweapons threatening the entire galaxy.

Here, you travel to a new planet every few weeks and find a superweapon on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Well, almost.

Maidel
01.25.2012 , 07:03 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Yeah but hey, the Star Forge and the Death Stars are separated by thousands of years and even in the case of the others at least a few years pass between any two superweapons threatening the entire galaxy.

Here, you travel to a new planet every few weeks and find a superweapon on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Well, almost.
alright, but both death stars, the death star prototype, the sun crusher, tarkin and dark sabre were all in existance at the same time.

And I dont think of the game as a few days, for me the story is set over quite a long period, years or more. Because frankly, there is no way, no matter how many times they save the galaxy, that a padawan becomes a master in only a few days.

Calibre
01.25.2012 , 08:53 AM | #29
IMO, Chapter I: excellent.

Chapter II? How can I say this politely? hmmm.

I found the plot lacking plausibility. I remember thinking: ***? THIS is your master solution? Really? The Jedi Council, supposedly filled with the greatest Masters, the clearest thinkers---and they come up with one of the most ridiculous plans I've ever encountered in sci-fi. I couldn't believe it. I also foresaw the outcome---who couldn't?

It was almost as if GL wrote it. Yeah, that bad.

As an aside, I liked the side mission: the Thing that Czerka found. I wish they had developed that one into a full-blown, chapterized series of missions. I had my JK 'accidentally' release the creature. Later, he received emails from it, thanking him for the assistance in not-so-vague language. heh heh heh. I'd love the chance to track it down and capture it once again.

Oh well.

Cal

Calibretto
01.25.2012 , 09:03 AM | #30
It's decent but not fantastic. I've enjoyed the Trooper story so far way more.