Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

Maidel
01.24.2012 , 06:30 PM | #11
I've really enjoyed it so far. I havebt tried any of the other classes so I can't compare, but it's kept me addicted (to the detriment of my work bonus this month!)

I'd just like uk disagree with some people over the ls/ds choices. If you really read the responses and weigh up the results I think I would personally have chosen half the ds choices. Obviously my goodie goodie Jedi has followed the code each time, but some of those people did deserve to die, sometimes the greater good outweighed the individual, so if you want to play a jk with your own personal moral code, expect a very neutral looking alignment!

FobManX
01.24.2012 , 06:42 PM | #12
It's a good story, albeit a bit cliche. It's pretty much your typical hero saves the world type deal, very traditional Star Wars. Still, it's a good story. I'd rate it a 8/10.

mightysword
01.24.2012 , 06:58 PM | #13
I don't think one can truly appriciate the Knight story before they played other classes. My first 50 is a knight, and while I was generally happy with it, I didn't really think very highly of it.

But after I got my trooper to 50, I kinda wish if only the story can be as half decent as the knight story. I have a 40 Consular and just landed on Hoth, except for Balmora everything up until have been a very painful snooze fest. I heard that this is where the Consular's story starts to pick and I really hope it is, but even then it's still hell overdue.

The great thing about the Knight story is that all the chapters are well connected, and the final chapter kinda show an accumaltive afford of what you've been doing since the beginning. I don't think I can say the same for other stories. Not only that, once you play the Knight respective, it kinda render what the other classes doing in their story pretty moot (except maybe Smuggler).

ejadavidson
01.24.2012 , 07:00 PM | #14
Hmmm... upon reading through all this, I'm not very exicted about my jedi, but I'll keep her for now and play her during those times I need a break from my inquistor or my smuggler.

Doesn't romancing Doc give you dark side points? Has anyone romanced Doc with their female jedi and how is it working out?
Anina -50 jedi sentinel
Banim- 50 sniper
Jaxsyn - 30 powertech
Dezzerey - 37 gunslinger

Grandmasterslash
01.24.2012 , 07:12 PM | #15
The story is painfully slow, up until about the end of Coruscant.

Once you get past Coruscant, it starts to ramp up. Even though it can get a bit predictable with the "Oh, the sith have a planet destroying weapon on X planet", I thought the story was really awesome due to the scope of the story and how often you get to fight powerful NPCs one on one. Really adds some personality to the story when you're trying to get through a planet in order to fight a powerful enemy one on one at the end. Well, that and Jedi vs Sith combat always looks really awesome.

Oh, and if you get through the JK story, it also teaches you how to interrupt EVERYTHING which is always a nice habit(The bosses you duel rip you to shreds otherwise).

EDIT: As far as the Doc romance giving you darkside points, I romanced Kira and only got hit with two darkside flirt penalties throughout the entire story. They were pretty minor though, not to mention I went Diplomacy so I was able to get LS points back pretty quickly.

Boovi
01.24.2012 , 07:59 PM | #16
I loved the JK story line. It sort of reminded me of kotor 1 and 2.
Jayti
Sentinel PVP Videos
youtube.com/jt33gaming

Mal-Sharran
01.24.2012 , 11:11 PM | #17
I have a total of 150 dark side points at 50,
Spoiler
and two flirts with Kira. I'd imagine it's roughly the same for Doc.

I very much enjoyed my JK story. I'm a very moral person to begin with (with a few flaws, of course) so the light side options were generally right along the lines of what I would do if faced with those decisions myself. There might have been a few times where the dark side option was appealing, and I was so far into the light at that point that I defered to the light side choice just to avoid taking a step backwards with my alignment.

I took a BH up to about level 10? By that point, I'd killed innocent people, taken bribes to turn a blind eye, and
Spoiler
All in an attempt to make him dark. When I got to the spoiler part, I actually was disgusted with myself and deleted him to start over. So if you're at all remotely feeling 'connected' with what I'm saying, you'll likely enjoy the JK story with light side options.

Some of the chapters, so to speak, are just epic. Some are swing and a miss. I'm sure no archtype story is perfectly entertaining from start to finish.

And I'll just say this in parting...the buildup towards the end of a JK's storyline, and the ending itself, is just EPIC. I was riveted and engrossed as it all went down. Maybe I'm easy to please. I think I'm actually rather hard to please.

TL;DR - If you are a basically decent human being who's a straight arrow but with a mischievous side, likes being the go-to guy for the galaxy's biggest and toughest problems, and you want to be the most important of the four Republic archtypes (trust me, the JK ending trumps all others) then JK is for you.
I'd say 'IMHO', but it would be a lie. I'm not humble, and everything I say is stone cold fact.

Vicen
01.24.2012 , 11:54 PM | #18
In my opinion he has one of the best lightside stories in the game...(only super ceded by the sith warrior lightside)

If your going dark though do not bother...complete waste of time...
Swooping...is...bad...

AASmirnov
01.25.2012 , 12:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by HalloWorld View Post
I am mostly driven by the stories in this game. I have four lvl 40s characters in this game; Bounty Hunter, Sith Inquisitor, Trooper and Imperial Agent. I love them all, and Bounty Hunter and Trooper are being my favorite. I looked up at some sources (wookieepedia) about the Jedi Knight's story, and from what I read, it seems like that the Jedi Knight
Spoiler
. This definitely makes Jedi Knight stands out a bit more than other classes. This is just my opinion, I haven't played it yet so I don't know what I'm talking about. Can any of you tell me how good the Knight's story is? I want to decide what to play next after my Imperial Agent.
If you want to be THE hero, the one who comes to save the day, then you'll like it.
It won't storm you, I got the feel only in the second part of Act 1 and Prologue was a bit disappointing, but after that it went bombastic.
Pain is an Illusion of the Senses, Despair is an Illusion of the Mind

Paydroid
01.25.2012 , 12:39 AM | #20
Others pretty much have it right... the story really picks up after act 1, it really gets pretty good towards the end.

That said, if you like a story because of all the great choices you can make, it's not going to impress you. If you're OK with mostly being along for the ride on an epic good-guy adventure, you'll be pleased.