Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Utilities overhaul 5.6 suggestions everyone contribute their balanced opinions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Utilities overhaul 5.6 suggestions everyone contribute their balanced opinions

ottffsse
10.25.2017 , 10:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Some of them weren't needed imo.
Removing the 30% DR for sin dps ? Well rip, sad to see they'll die on a hardstun now.

Meanwhile, seems like Merc and Snipers utility still haven't been adressed.
Too many bad fotm rerollers probably skewing their "internal metrics".

Kingsbount
10.26.2017 , 04:22 AM | #22
Replace Force Leech with Force Lightning to be casted on the move. It actually will make more sense in case of Madness sorcs.
"Дебилы, б****дь" (с) Сергей Лавров

supertimtaf
10.26.2017 , 07:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Replace Force Leech with Force Lightning to be casted on the move. It actually will make more sense in case of Madness sorcs.
Actually, while the idea seems interesting, I think they didn't do it like that because FLight can be used by any spec, while FLeech cannot. The point of Force Mobility was to grant an extra mobility to one ability per spec. Although I agree that FLight don't fit in Lightning or Corruption rotation, the devs seems to think it is used frequently.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Kingsbount
10.26.2017 , 08:04 AM | #24
Actually, while the idea seems interesting, I think they didn't do it like that because FLight can be used by any spec, while FLeech cannot. The point of Force Mobility was to grant an extra mobility to one ability per spec. Although I agree that FLight don't fit in Lightning or Corruption rotation, the devs seems to think it is used frequently.
Yeah. I guess devs never played madness in fights with frequent movements. Its just wrong that core ability should be interrupted so much. Mercs never suffer from this. They can cast Blazing bolts on the move. Not to mention that they have a good utilites for instant cast of tracer missile.
Thisl disadvantage for Madness feels totally wrong and unfair.
"Дебилы, б****дь" (с) Сергей Лавров

supertimtaf
10.26.2017 , 08:28 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Yeah. I guess devs never played madness in fights with frequent movements. Its just wrong that core ability should be interrupted so much. Mercs never suffer from this. They can cast Blazing bolts on the move. Not to mention that they have a good utilites for instant cast of tracer missile.
Thisl disadvantage for Madness feels totally wrong and unfair.
This feels like a disadvantage now because of the low damage the spec gives. Still, prior 5.0 I didn't see that as a disadvantage, since Madness was dealing a lot of damage anyway, and FLight had a really quick cast.

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

ottffsse
10.26.2017 , 08:58 AM | #26
This feels like a disadvantage now because of the low damage the spec gives. Still, prior 5.0 I didn't see that as a disadvantage, since Madness was dealing a lot of damage anyway, and FLight had a really quick cast.
Yeah that is primarily true right now - to keep up with the other rdps slackers you really cannot waste downtime/apm on madness - still at least in PvE knowing the mechanics of the fights greatly as you can do some tricks like finish your force lightning channel before that damage aoe under your feet executes - when you know you have a second before it does and after that you have the procs and instant abilities to cast as you move to the safe spot.
In PvP it would be really helpful l but making your primary spam attack which also slows a target be castable while moving all the time seems a tad bit OP to me.
I'd be fine with it if say it is a utility like "after applying death mark on target you gain 2 stacks of " X" . While stacks of "x" are applied you may channel force lightning or force leech while moving, but doing so consumes a stack. Lasts 8 seconds." ????

supertimtaf
10.26.2017 , 12:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Yeah that is primarily true right now - to keep up with the other rdps slackers you really cannot waste downtime/apm on madness - still at least in PvE knowing the mechanics of the fights greatly as you can do some tricks like finish your force lightning channel before that damage aoe under your feet executes - when you know you have a second before it does and after that you have the procs and instant abilities to cast as you move to the safe spot.
In PvP it would be really helpful l but making your primary spam attack which also slows a target be castable while moving all the time seems a tad bit OP to me.
I'd be fine with it if say it is a utility like "after applying death mark on target you gain 2 stacks of " X" . While stacks of "x" are applied you may channel force lightning or force leech while moving, but doing so consumes a stack. Lasts 8 seconds." ????
I wouldn't see the point of that honestly. Maybe more an ability like the one with Arsenal Merc
"After being interrupted, your next Force Lightning becomes immune to interruption". This is great passive imo, and should be used on some other spec as well, like Operative Healer for example.

ottffsse
10.26.2017 , 01:58 PM | #28
I wouldn't see the point of that honestly. Maybe more an ability like the one with Arsenal Merc
"After being interrupted, your next Force Lightning becomes immune to interruption". This is great passive imo, and should be used on some other spec as well, like Operative Healer for example.
The point was to give sage/sorc dps a bit more mobility in kiting and do some better dps while kiting, but without going over the top and allowing every force lightning channel to be done on the move.

But yes such a utility "concept" with stacks can also benefit other classes when applied in the way you suggest.