Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

Toraak
10.24.2017 , 08:20 AM | #81
The Jedi Knight, and the Sith warrior (it's mirror) are the best stories in the game. They are the most Iconic SW stories done in Swtor.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

JLazarillo
10.24.2017 , 08:51 PM | #82
The biggest problem with the Knight story isn't the "bland"-ness. That keeps it from standing out a bit, but when it comes to just wanting to kick back and be a popcorn-flick hero, it does the job.

No, the biggest problem with the Knight story is that the person who wrote it never really internalized the classic writing tip of "show, don't tell". Like, the characters in the story will never hesitate to call Kira your "padawan", but that relationship is never really portrayed. There's all of one scene that even resembles a "teaching moment", and it's one where she gets all big-headed and then grumbles if you say she's wrong.

Or, trying not to spoil, the...events at the end of chapter 2. It's supposedly really traumatic and defining and such (to the point that it's even the focus of the Knight mission on Rishi that came years later), but we only see a context-less, 10 seconds or so of cutscene. Compare to the Agent story, where something similar happens, and you actually play through it. Something that helped define the Agent story, in what for most classes is one of the weakest parts of the story, the Knight version ends up being a barely memorable footnote.

Cuiwe
10.25.2017 , 09:55 AM | #83
The best I can say about it is that it's typical story of Star Wars. Yeah, it has quite some spit n polish to it, but good? Depends. I'd call it average because it is defeated rather easily at everything it tries to do:

1. Jedi: Jedi Consular defeats it singlehandedly.
2. Republic: Trooper is better when it comes down to "Protect the Republic" / "Defeat the Empire"
3. The Force: Imo, Sith Warrior is much better as a main character when it concerns the Force.

The only thing it does well is rehash KoTOR with the original Trilogy. Meh.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus