frustrating missions!

belhawk

I am beginning to wonder why i continue to play this game.

the 1 hit kills for the knight & sorcerer chapter 3 end boss was VERY frustrating.

the same thing for the end boss for Makeb also.

now, i am on a mission where there is an electricity trap that can't be turned off and it is killing me multiple times.

i play this game for fun, NOT to be FRUSTRATED by BW being clever.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the 1 hit kills for the knight & sorcerer chapter 3 end boss was VERY frustrating.

now, i am on a mission where there is an electricity trap that can't be turned off and it is killing me multiple times.

First- the last boss on Makeb is awesome cause its like a mini boss from an operation or HM FP.

second- this boss is designed so that you use your brain to find a way to kill him, i died on my Sith Warrior(tank) almost 6 times and each time i get closer.

in fact i killed him with out my companion lol, so yeah just think a bit and you will know how.

i like to thank BW A LOT for this awesome design cause fighting that boss was a blast for me and i really enjoyed it :)

Edited by saremun

I liked the last boss on Makeb, challenging and forces you to recognize the mechanics to beat the boss. What I did not like is the graphical glitches, sometimes he would charge his laser in one direction then all of a sudden 180 or 270 turnaround to hit you. Other than that, great end boss for the planet.

u may be a Hard Core player, but I am NOT. I am a casual gamer looking for some fun. Leave the Hard Core Boss times to the Hard Core Ops & Flashpoints, NOT the main game. There are a lot more casual gamers than Hard Core gamers.

u may be a Hard Core player, but I am NOT. I am a casual gamer looking for some fun. Leave the Hard Core Boss times to the Hard Core Ops & Flashpoints, NOT the main game. There are a lot more casual gamers than Hard Core gamers.

This guy is just starting fights

They need to start adding more challenging aspects to EVERY video game. People need to start thinking again in actual video games instead of being carried to the end and acting like that's okay because they're a "casual" player.

It's okay for a game to be challenging and stimulate your mind. That's what they're there for. Whether you have 10 mins or 6 hours a day, you don't need to beat a boss the first try.

I had no issue at all with the Knight and Sorc chapter 3 bosses and I am a casual player as well. They are designed to be challenging. If you want to play a game that is easy might I recommend my little ponies? My daughter loves it.

bellhawk I so so so much agree with you and other " im awesome at swtor " kids might pretend to think they can take on elite quest bosses ...maybe some 1% can ....but most people are with you ...and think this game is so focking over tuned it's not even funny .

I don't get why people want to be carried through content. How is that fun or rewarding? I think the makeb boss battles are a huge step in the right direction and I hope to see MORE.

You don't need to be a pro gamer to defeat these bosses, you just need to think, which isn't something that is common in modern games.

Still, the fights aren't even that hard.

I think what you need to do is "rage quit" - that is step one. You cannot beat the enemy, so it's time to quit.

In future may I suggest console games. Many of these will have little codes you can enter for unlimited lives, unlimited health, god mode etc.

It does sound more your level.

I died once at the end boss on makeb and once on the electric trap, then I start thinking and avoided dying. I enjoyed it, that I actually have to do something and not automatically win everything, so the challenge is part of my fun... it becomes only frustrating when the game is bugged or just bad (jumping is still terrible, but here is hope they will revisit the jumping physics one day).

using ya brain to look around dont mean you are hard core lol

I would say, that the OP is a bit easy with applying the term "hardcore" player to people, who manage things that he doesn't.

The Makeb missions, the bionocular and seed missions and the 55 flashpoints are not to be done in sleepwalk mode like the old 50s were... but they are also not so hard, that the average player would become frustrated from them.

I consider myself a player, who spends more hours than average on this game, but I am nowhere close to "professional raiders".

Figuring out, that the makeb boss got a killer ability facing straight forward and that it will do zero damage, if you just walk around (or through) the mob, was not exactly rocket science.

bellhawk I so so so much agree with you and other " im awesome at swtor " kids might pretend to think they can take on elite quest bosses ...maybe some 1% can ....but most people are with you ...and think this game is so focking over tuned it's not even funny .

this is buy far the easiest mmo i've ever played and i'm 40 so no i'm not one of these kids you refer to

learn how to play and look at the mechanics of a fight this game is a yawn until they make me think for a change rather then just use my rotation to kill a boss

Figuring out, that the makeb boss got a killer ability facing straight forward and that it will do zero damage, if you just walk around (or through) the mob, was not exactly rocket science.

This. The boss is very easy to kill after you die the first time.

Just walk beside him, when he loads the lasers.

About the electric floor - everything in this game that can be interacted with, glows in blue... So - use it :)

Edited by Holyexecutor

About the electric floor - everything in this game that can be interacted with, glows in blue... So - use it :)

Interesting point... I guess many people noticed, that the seeker/binocular quests got a ton of interactive items, that do NOT glow blue on their own... only when you hover your mouse over them.

I personally love that, but I am 100% sure, that whiners like the OP will cause Bioware to change this to be more "visual"... glowing items visible from a miles distance.... if in doubt, klick it.

Edited by JPryde

so you are mad because you lack the reasoning skills to figure out a puzzle...

there was some intelligent criticism of my position and a lot of insults from people who are suppose to grown up and civilized. Civilized conduct died decades ago, just look at the crime in the streets, schools, etc. and attacks on people that dare to disagree with others.