Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

LuxDragon
04.21.2015 , 12:41 AM | #6371
I'm not even sure you can use grav round with a rifle... I know some stuff is locked unless you have a cannon anyway.

fire-breath
04.21.2015 , 02:12 AM | #6372
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
Back in the early days, before the Black Hole (pre-1.2), I seem to recall running NiM EV in full Columi (rating 136) gear and having no trouble with the council. People these days...such wimps sometimes.
Back than my supercasual guild had no issues with the council. At least not to kill stuff on time. The only harder part for was to kill them around the same time since the dps difference was rather large. Cute people at times.

Anyways. Just want to share another story here.
Yesterday I did a Bloodhunt SM run on my pugsloveHP mando. The pop got 1 tank, 1 dps and 2 healers. I was specced healer at time so when I noticed there was an other healer in the group I typed 'sec, will respec to DPS, have 2 healers is tad to much'. The other 3 people didn't wait up for me and by the time I managed to respec inludiing utilities they were attacking the 1st boss.
I didnt mind that at all and though they wanted to speedrun the content.

After we killed the 1st boss I strapped on my rocketboots and went off speedrunning. The other 3 people were most of the time about 20-30 meters behind me. Since I thought we wanted to speedrun it I didnt waited for the tank to pull (he didnt waited for me either which should indicate he doesn't mind).
After we cleared the 2nd challenge I got a votekick against me, no reason given. I asked in chat what the reason was, no response at all. I whispered the person who initiated the kick but again no response. Whispered him again but by that time he had put me ignore . I whispered another person in the group and after a short time he reported back that it was because I wasn't a teamplayer and pulling all the mobs. He didn't agrreed with the kick himself he said.

So .... yes, pulling before the tank pulls might be annoying for the tank although I don't mind it myself if people do that. But regardless ..... I don't get it why people can be that asocial to kick instantly instead of being civil and ask if I could wait for him to pull.
Especially since he didn't wait for me either which can also be considered 'not a teamplayer'

Anyways, next fp popped fast with a nice group of people where I could help some guy out with advice. So I guess I should be thankfull of the kick :P
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

DarthVengeant
04.21.2015 , 02:43 AM | #6373
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Anyways. Just want to share another story here.
Yesterday I did a Bloodhunt SM run on my pugsloveHP mando. The pop got 1 tank, 1 dps and 2 healers. I was specced healer at time so when I noticed there was an other healer in the group I typed 'sec, will respec to DPS, have 2 healers is tad to much'. The other 3 people didn't wait up for me and by the time I managed to respec inludiing utilities they were attacking the 1st boss.
I didnt mind that at all and though they wanted to speedrun the content.

After we killed the 1st boss I strapped on my rocketboots and went off speedrunning. The other 3 people were most of the time about 20-30 meters behind me. Since I thought we wanted to speedrun it I didnt waited for the tank to pull (he didnt waited for me either which should indicate he doesn't mind).
After we cleared the 2nd challenge I got a votekick against me, no reason given. I asked in chat what the reason was, no response at all. I whispered the person who initiated the kick but again no response. Whispered him again but by that time he had put me ignore . I whispered another person in the group and after a short time he reported back that it was because I wasn't a teamplayer and pulling all the mobs. He didn't agrreed with the kick himself he said.

So .... yes, pulling before the tank pulls might be annoying for the tank although I don't mind it myself if people do that. But regardless ..... I don't get it why people can be that asocial to kick instantly instead of being civil and ask if I could wait for him to pull.
Especially since he didn't wait for me either which can also be considered 'not a teamplayer'

Anyways, next fp popped fast with a nice group of people where I could help some guy out with advice. So I guess I should be thankfull of the kick :P
Yep. I have been vote kicked for no reason before, or for stupid reasons like that. Infact, I was vote kicked once because I was telling the people to use their interrupt on a boss that you were supposed to interrupt. (what a concept) They said I was "trolling". Apparently it is trolling to do game mechanics now.

Another time we asked the Sorc dps to please heal (at least a little) since he was the only one who COULD heal at all because it was 2 Jugg tanks and I was a sniper. He flat out refused, he wouldn't even bubble us. WOULDNT EVEN BUBBLE. That freakin amazed me. Both tanks kept dying and I finally left. Afterwards me and the two tanks grouped up ourselves and got a healer, then re-qued and did it easy. Had that Sorc done some healing and bubbling it would have gone fine, but he wanted to be a selfish ***** which ended up wasting ALL of our time. People like that have NO UNDERSTANDING of teamwork and helping out. Self centered players who are playing a multiplayer game. I am always doing offheals and bubbles on my Sage/Sorc in Ops if things get hairy and a healer goes down. I couldn't count the amount of times I have kept the tank up myself as dps when a healer went down and we finished the boss. THAT is teamwork.

People just want to speed through everything and expect everyone else to just catch up or die, then they complain if you die. It is why I never do FP anymore without guildies, when I ever do FP anymore, which is rare. Pug FP just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Halinalle
04.21.2015 , 03:01 AM | #6374
KDY (in progress)
I zone in and have no UI. Only quest tracker and minimap. I try to reset UI with CTRL+/U+U. Nothing. I try to exit area but they keep pulling enemies constantly so I can't exit. I finally get back to Tatooine. UI still gone. I hear sound of vote kick and hit Alt+F4. I log in. Not anymore in group but at least Ui works.

Trevallian
04.21.2015 , 03:52 AM | #6375
Like I said, "New to these things", so since I'm feeling a little put upon here, I will respond to each in turn...

Quote: Originally Posted by raidlegend View Post
If this was thru group finder, then considering the flashpoint you were doing, Cademimu, he was not a sentinel, but most likely a guardian; and since you described the 2 dps both being gunslingers and the healer a trooper, making him a commando, I would assume this jedi knight was the tank, making him like I said, a Guardian. So if he wasnt doing much damage then it wouldnt be surprising since he was a tank. Also a general rule of thumb is if anyone in the group can use it then they should get it rather then your companions. If you wouldve said hey can I need for companion first, then not as big of a deal or if he was a shadow or a vanguard then have had it since no one in the grp would have a mainstat of strength at that point.
If memory serves, he was listed as damage, not tank, because forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think I was there. Also, and forgive me if I'm wrong here again, but I'm pretty sure that wielding two lightsabers makes him a Sentinel, but by all means let me know how a guardian can do this, I'm sure my lvl60 Guardian would look awesome with two sabers On the last point you made, I was made aware of that later and have done so since.

Quote: Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
I would have put you on ignore, kicked you from the Group and gotten another Group member if I was the tank.

One does NOT ninja without repercussions. You never roll Need for Companions, only greed.
Yes thank you, that was very constructive. You are the sole reason why people cue up to play these kinds of games and why FP's are always so fun.

Quote: Originally Posted by LuxDragon View Post
I have to side with the guardian with this. Tanking is the hardest job in the game since you're literally asking to take a beating and NOT die.

Stealing loot from tanks is kinda mean, and the fact that you called him out as a sent means you weren't just woefully ignorant of class, but role as well.

Also, again in his defense, you have no idea of his circumstances. As a tank, maybe he had a few FP's already, but nothing tank-related dropped. He ran a few times, and finally, he gets a tank pieces, only to have a group filled with jerks take it without warning.

In any case, you were in the wrong, so I can honestly say I can't drum up any sympathy for you.
I was trying to be "diplomatic" in my original post, when I said "I think" but it appears the "Brain-Trust" is out in force today. You would think, that if anyone paid attention to my signature, that I would actually know the difference. However, I guess that's the thing about wearing blinders while soap-boxing over someone else's wild assumptions, it gives one a very narrow view. In any case, maybe you're right and he was just having a bad day, that is still no excuse for his childish behaviour.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Trevallian,

Since you're new, here are the general rules when rolling on items that drop in a Flashpoint:
  1. If the item that drops has your mainstat, you're free to roll "Need" on it. Go for it, even if it is for a companion.
  2. If the item does not have your mainstat on it but you have a companion that can use it, do the following:
    1. See if the player (or players) who can use it clicks "Need" on it (you can see that message appear in the chat window). If they do, just click "Greed" or pass on the loot by closing the loot window.
    2. If the player who can use it didn't "Need" on it, ask in /party "can I need this for my companion?". If noone opposes you, click "Need". If someone objects, click "Greed" and take your chances.

As stated, these are the "general rules", and they will normally ensure drama-free runs .
I thank you for this, it's nice that someone actually took the time to explain, rather than just vilify me. This was in fact, explained to me later in brief over chat, but thank you for the in-depth explanation. And to be fair, I have already had some "laser guided karma" on this topic, because the same thing happened to me twice a day later, even after I had purposely passed on everything except the one thing I actually did need for myself on both occasions.

Now I freely admit, that ignorance is no excuse. However, I would like to point out, that not everyone is 100% from the moment they start. Especially for those of us new to MMO's in general. There are no manuals for these things, it is up to the community to educate. And by educate, I mean educate, not vilify, kick and or insult. Not everybody knows what you know. That's the thing about expectations though, because people are or behave in a certain way, they expect or think that everyone will do the same. Sadly, that is just not the case.

What also intrigues me a little, was that no one took the time to congratulate, let alone mention, the guy in my first story. This disappoints me greatly, because he should have had a mention Nope, it was all about how I stole something, while completely forgetting about the fact that this is a post about telling stories of weird people met through Group Finder. I must have have not seen the part in the OP's post about how the minutest parts of each story needed to be picked apart and analyzed.
"The Ordana Legacy":
Heironius(JK-60) / Harrijan(SW-54)
Kameran(JS-25) / Hanilk(SS-32)
/ Reigann(SG-43) / Macheen(Tr-22) / Reilinn(BH-11)

BobFredJohn
04.21.2015 , 03:59 AM | #6376
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
I am always doing offheals and bubbles on my Sage/Sorc
it annoys me when I am on my sorc healer and some sorc dps decides to bubble. My bubble lasts 30 seconds with a 20 second debuff. Theres is somewhat the opposite to that if I recall correctly on dps, the deionised takes 25 or 30 seconds.

And even more annoying sorc dps who bubble my sorc healer. Clearly they dont realise if I bubble myself I get a hot healing me 2% per second for the duration, which is 30 seconds. Thats 60% hp at the force cost of one bubble and maintaining a bubble on my sorc healer pretty much means I can ignore any damage I get as it will be healed within afew seconds automatically.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Halinalle
04.21.2015 , 04:12 AM | #6377
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
it annoys me when I am on my sorc healer and some sorc dps decides to bubble. My bubble lasts 30 seconds with a 20 second debuff. Theres is somewhat the opposite to that if I recall correctly.

And even more annoying sorc dps who bubble my sorc healer. Clearly they dont realise if I bubble myself I get a hot healing me 2% per second for the duration, which is 30 seconds. Thats 60% hp at the force cost of one bubble and maintaining a bubble on my sorc healer pretty much means I can ignore any damage I get as it will be healed within afew seconds automatically.
It's also almost free for healers.

LuxDragon
04.21.2015 , 10:50 AM | #6378
Okay, in turn then.

Quote: Originally Posted by Trevallian View Post
If memory serves, he was listed as damage, not tank, because forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think I was there. Also, and forgive me if I'm wrong here again, but I'm pretty sure that wielding two lightsabers makes him a Sentinel, but by all means let me know how a guardian can do this, I'm sure my lvl60 Guardian would look awesome with two sabers On the last point you made, I was made aware of that later and have done so since.
You said you played for 9 months and did a LOT of FP's, so by now, either you know everything there is to know, or know nothing. Either way, it's reflected badly on you.

Group finder for FP's ALWAYS puts a tank, a heal, and 2 DPS. A sentinel CANNOT queue as a tank. Ever. A gunslinger CANNOT queue as a tank. Ever. A commando CANNOT queue as a tank. Ever.

You said you had TWO gunslingers (including yourself), a "sent", and a trooper "healer" (AKA commando). So... where's the damn tank?

QED: The sent was actually a guardian tank, which means your memory did not serve you. We weren't there, true, but there's something wrong with the math here. You need to either be more accurate with your story or get your facts right.

Yes thank you, that was very constructive. You are the sole reason why people cue up to play these kinds of games and why FP's are always so fun.

I was trying to be "diplomatic" in my original post, when I said "I think" but it appears the "Brain-Trust" is out in force today. You would think, that if anyone paid attention to my signature, that I would actually know the difference. However, I guess that's the thing about wearing blinders while soap-boxing over someone else's wild assumptions, it gives one a very narrow view. In any case, maybe you're right and he was just having a bad day, that is still no excuse for his childish behaviour.
You're calling a guy childish after you stole his stuff and now posted it here thinking we'd actually agree with you. Some might, sure. But the blame still goes to the ninja looters that don't make the game any more fun. Ninja looting is bad, period. Doesn't matter what the other guy's reaction is.

I thank you for this, it's nice that someone actually took the time to explain, rather than just vilify me. This was in fact, explained to me later in brief over chat, but thank you for the in-depth explanation. And to be fair, I have already had some "laser guided karma" on this topic, because the same thing happened to me twice a day later, even after I had purposely passed on everything except the one thing I actually did need for myself on both occasions.

Now I freely admit, that ignorance is no excuse. However, I would like to point out, that not everyone is 100% from the moment they start. Especially for those of us new to MMO's in general. There are no manuals for these things, it is up to the community to educate. And by educate, I mean educate, not vilify, kick and or insult. Not everybody knows what you know. That's the thing about expectations though, because people are or behave in a certain way, they expect or think that everyone will do the same. Sadly, that is just not the case.

What also intrigues me a little, was that no one took the time to congratulate, let alone mention, the guy in my first story. This disappoints me greatly, because he should have had a mention Nope, it was all about how I stole something, while completely forgetting about the fact that this is a post about telling stories of weird people met through Group Finder. I must have have not seen the part in the OP's post about how the minutest parts of each story needed to be picked apart and analyzed.
And at least you know... after nine months of FPing. And this IS about the weird people you meet in GF. The thing is, in your case, it wasn't the "childish" tantrum of the "tank", but the ninja looting you and the other slinger did. So technically, the weird one is you.

About 5 pages ago, a guy got roasted because he was a shadow DPS queuing up as a tank for faster pops and then posted it here thinking he was in the right when his group slammed him for it.

Nero-Star
04.21.2015 , 12:10 PM | #6379
Hi guys just an adition to the above posts

Maybe it was a tac fp not a normal one

Also gf seems buggy to me several times i used it lately

My guardian tank shows as a sentinel in the pop up and even says im dmg
This also does the same for sents they show up as tank guardians

Am i the only one that has noticed that? Im on ToFN server

Trevallian
04.21.2015 , 12:40 PM | #6380
Quote: Originally Posted by LuxDragon View Post
Okay, in turn then.
You said you played for 9 months and did a LOT of FP's, so by now, either you know everything there is to know, or know nothing. Either way, it's reflected badly on you.

Group finder for FP's ALWAYS puts a tank, a heal, and 2 DPS. A sentinel CANNOT queue as a tank. Ever. A gunslinger CANNOT queue as a tank. Ever. A commando CANNOT queue as a tank. Ever.

You said you had TWO gunslingers (including yourself), a "sent", and a trooper "healer" (AKA commando). So... where's the damn tank?

QED: The sent was actually a guardian tank, which means your memory did not serve you. We weren't there, true, but there's something wrong with the math here. You need to either be more accurate with your story or get your facts right.

You're calling a guy childish after you stole his stuff and now posted it here thinking we'd actually agree with you. Some might, sure. But the blame still goes to the ninja looters that don't make the game any more fun. Ninja looting is bad, period. Doesn't matter what the other guy's reaction is.

And at least you know... after nine months of FPing. And this IS about the weird people you meet in GF. The thing is, in your case, it wasn't the "childish" tantrum of the "tank", but the ninja looting you and the other slinger did. So technically, the weird one is you.

About 5 pages ago, a guy got roasted because he was a shadow DPS queuing up as a tank for faster pops and then posted it here thinking he was in the right when his group slammed him for it.
Okay STOP! Did you actually read my initial post, or are you just going off of what everyone else is saying? Because if you had read what I wrote in my original post, you would have seen this...

This is the first ever MMO I've played and I've only been doing FP's since I reached about lvl 50 on my first character, so about two weeks now and I've been playing for about nine months. But in my experience ( I have really done a lot of FP's since then! hahahaha)....
Notice how I state that, although I have been playing for about nine months, I have only been doing FP's for about the last two weeks. Did you see that bit? Perhaps you may have missed that part. But seriously now, if you are going to take the "moral high ground" and doggedly pursue something which I have already admitted my fault over, then perhaps, you should get your facts straight.

Now let me spell this one out for you in the simplest way possible, so that maybe this time it will sink in. HE WAS NOT TANKING..., HE WAS NOT A LISTED TANK. I think I've already said this once or twice and even implied it in a later post as well, but in your righteous fervor, you may have also missed the part where I stated that he was standing about ten to fifteen metres from the fight and not actually doing anything, while HOLDING TWO LIGHTSABERS!!!!. Silly me though, obviously I don't know a Sentinel from a Guardian! This was before the 'loot-drop' too, so there was no animosity at this point.

Now don't get me wrong, I can tank with my Jugg and my Guardian, who to my knowledge still can't wield TWO LIGHTSABERS. But in reality, I don't like too because I am no good at it, I never seem to get my timing right with the taunts and guard confuses the hell out of me enough to not want to try learning in an actual fight that means something. Having said that however, even I know that in order to be an effective tank you have to actually BE in the fight!

Like I've said mate, I have admitted fault over the drop and Karma has already punched me twice over it... so don't you think maybe it's time you came down form your ivory tower and got over yourself? Not once did I ask for people's agreement, sympathy, or even forgiveness. It was just a STORY about a guy's attitude. Or did you miss this part as well...

He could have been a nice guy about it, and had he had a real need for it, I would have gladly traded the item to him, instead he chose to scream and rant at me and verbally abuse me, all because I didn't know there was an etiquette involved. That makes him wrong in this situation, no matter how you slice it. And that was the point I was trying to convey.
I meant every word of that statement, had he remained calm and explained the situation, I would have gladly traded to him. But if it's an apology you are looking for, you'll be looking a long time. I have already admitted fault through ignorance of the subtle nuances, I am not going to apologize for something that everyone did.

Oh and by the way, I have been in plenty of GF groups in the last two weeks, where there has been no tanks or even no healers, so I really don't get where your absolute FP formula is coming from. In fact just this morning I did a KDY run on the IMP side, with two healers and two dps, there was definitely no listed tank there, In the end my Jugg who was most certainly and without doubt, NOT listed as a TANK, ended up fulfilling a more tanky/dps role and we did just fine.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but for someone who speaks with such an air of authoritative knowledge, your absolute factual arguements seem to be no more than a case of half truths, mixed together by smoke and mirrors.
"The Ordana Legacy":
Heironius(JK-60) / Harrijan(SW-54)
Kameran(JS-25) / Hanilk(SS-32)
/ Reigann(SG-43) / Macheen(Tr-22) / Reilinn(BH-11)