Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

BobFredJohn
01.19.2015 , 04:19 PM | #5771
Nothing to do with gf, just some bloke I met who seemed like the type of person I would dislike if I gave a sh*t:

I was on fleet with my sniper, generally doing stuff and what-have-you when somebody asks for help with a fp. I offer to help, pointing out that as I am level 60 he will get reduced exp (I think thats how it works). He invites me, I see he is a level 34 mara and a conversation starts up in group chat:
him: "help flashpoint"
me: "which 1?"
him: "yes please, help"
me: "which flashpoint"
him: "can you help?"

At this point it is clear this conversation is getting nowhere so I check my map and run to him, at the boarding party/foundry area. I then say "ready" and wait for him to set off towards 1 of the mission entrances. Instead he stands there constantly asking if I will help with a flashpoint. Eventually he gets the point and he enters the boarding party fp. I run in after him and off we go....

I click pass on all the loot (its of negligable importance and value) while he needs everything. I get the feeling I may be helping a ninja-looter, though it could just be because I was passing he assumed it would be ok for him to need, and tbh I couldn't care less. We complete the mission, leave then he asks "another one?". I agree and he heads for foundry. We enter, complete and come back out. I ask if theres any more he wants, he says no so I set off and decide to go do some daily runs on rishi.

Then I start getting whispers from the bloke complaining about how much of a pr*ck I am. Turns out he was doing the "call to arms" quest and forgot to do the conversation between the 2 fp's and was annoyed at me for abandoning him half way through the call to arms questline. I did point out that I did ask if he wanted any more help before I left and he said no. However this did nothing to satiate his annoyance and he decided the most effective method of getting me to come back and help him again would be to fill the chat with abuse.

I stuck him on ignore.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Cox_The_Beast
01.20.2015 , 04:47 AM | #5772
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post

[...]

Two bads in one FP listening to advice and coming around? This story is clearly fake.
Haha, I barely believed it myself at the time. But for how weird it may sound, that is actually true.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

BobFredJohn
01.20.2015 , 05:56 AM | #5773
Back to normal, bads (or in this case bad) who doesn't listen

I log on my sniper, queue for everything on gf as per my usual daily comms run. Do Cerka core TFP, rattaka prime HM - absolutly perfect run, damn good tank, though impatient, and everybody knows the main boss mechanics inside-out (except me who knows that I should keep the blue circle at my feet away from the trooper in the final fight, but have never seen what happens if I dont) and the tank is willing to stop to explain the bonus boss to us.

Then the bad run. My sniper dps, jugg dps, jugg tank and op healer, HM czerka core. We zone in and start the first room with the 3 consoles that need to be pressed. We move toward the left 1 kill the enemies and press it. It is during this fight I notice the healer gets shot by every single enemy and I end up spending my time peeling off the healer.

Myself, the other dps and the healer all set off round the outside towards the second console. While we are nearly there the tank charges at the enemies in the middle. Us 3 ignore it and just kill the pull by the second console, then the patrolling elite, then go to help the tank.

The tank has been fighting this pull for as long as it took use 3 to kill our ones, so I assume he has a huge aggro cushion. The second the healers first heal hits the tank pretty much everything starts shooting the healer (the healer has guard btw). We finish the pull and carry on. The champion droid in the corridor the tank quickly loses aggro to the healer again (through guard). This carries on, every single pull the healer is being attacked by everything and I spend all my time peeling.

We get to the sandstorm boss and I write "all know it?"
other dps: "yes"
healer: "y"
The tank doesn't answer and pulls. The sandstorm starts and the tank doesn't move. It soon becomes clear the tank doesn't know it. I say "seems the tank doesn't" he replies:
tank: "shut up"
me: "take him to the green thing"
tank: "p rick"

Eventually the dps jugg says "ill do the tanking, don't taunt off me". He taunts and drags the boss to the generators, follows proper fight mechanics and the only thing that prevents a wipe is the fact this healer is awesome. After the fight the tank speaks up again
tank: "I am new"
me: "you could have told us that before you nearly caused a wipe"
tank: "clearly im not good enough for mr. amazing"
me (got annoyed): "well you guard the healer, hold 0 aggro, start fights we can skip and don't bother letting us know that you have never done this mission before, what have you done right so far?"
healer: "hes got a point"
tank: "why does it matter"
me: "because giving us a minute to explain important bits of boss fights makes the entire fight easier"
tank: "we did fine on the last 1"
dps jugg: "dw about it, I will tank"
me: "ok"
tank: "**** you"

The tank drops group, we 3-man the jungle habitat one, then a replacement tank joins and we complete with no more issues.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

wyverenone
01.20.2015 , 07:32 AM | #5774
Got one from last night.

I was running back to back KDY on my Merc, and had several incidents in rapid succession.

First game we had the hangar. I forget what classes everyone was because all of my KDY runs are essentially a blur after you do so many. Anyhow, I point out the elite defender is on the left, second floor. I head for it while everyone ignores me and charges to the console. I remind them not to activate it. They do anyhow, and then get baffled at the fact that the bonus was lost. All of thrm were in the same guild.

Second run was quite remarkable. New people, one of which was a 15 sniper. He had a tendency to charge off without the rest of us, but he handled himself okay so we didn't think too much of it. It quickly got worse, however, and we wiped three times on trash. Not really in the mood, I politely asked him to not run ahead and aggro other groups. This sniper goes COMPLETELY *******, immediately launching a barrage on how I'm a terrible player, questioning my sexuality, even declaring me transexual (for some reason). He even brought my mother into it and asked if I was going to cry.

Now, we had no tank, and I was tremendously out-DPSing the rest of the group. With heavy armor I acted as the surrogate tank. We had no healer either. During the rest of the flashpoint (room 2 onwards) the sniper flat out refused to participate in battle, just running in circles and informing us it was so that he could be more like the "selfish *****" (me). We actually didn't kick him because his tantrum made us all laugh really hard. We completed the FP without him and he sent me a nasty whisper telling me to never queue again before ignoring me.

And then the first one happened again. Nice.

EranofArcadia
01.20.2015 , 12:47 PM | #5775
Battle of Rishi, final boss. Electrostorm whatever. I am right at the console, think I click it, but turns out I hadn't. I die, the healer dies, the 2 remaining DPS manage to 2-man the thing while I watch in amazement.

Quote: Originally Posted by iusCogens View Post
Don't understand how two months into new content people still don't know about this.
Some people have been playing for a year and a half and not managed to complete a single Op. Some people almost did last night, but all of a sudden 5 of the 8 people in the op group for S&V dropped before it actually started and left certain players once again suspecting that Ops aren't actually a thing that exists in the game.
The Nera Legacy - BC

iusCogens
01.21.2015 , 06:32 AM | #5776
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
Some people have been playing for a year and a half and not managed to complete a single Op. Some people almost did last night, but all of a sudden 5 of the 8 people in the op group for S&V dropped before it actually started and left certain players once again suspecting that Ops aren't actually a thing that exists in the game.
I might have met some of these people a few days ago. 8m SM TFB that my friend and I joined for funsies (love the last boss fight, it's super fun). The raid leader and lieutenant gave the impression that they were new to operations, well, I thought, no matter, everyone was overgeared, we could do this. Still missing a DPS, but the lieutenant was getting impatient so we decided to give it a try on seven players. One had lockout past the Dread Guards, so leader was given to them and we zoomed in.

Enter the room with mobs and data boxes, suddenly one DPS disconnected after the tanks pulled. For some reason this caused the raid leader to flip and demanded that we /stuck it. We did as told, though not comprehending why as we were clearing the rooms just fine. I don't remember what his reasoning was, but in the end the group was disbanded and the leader said he would re-invite us along with replacements. Waited for half an hour, nothing. The leader and lieutenant had probably called it quits, a shame that some people didn't get to do ops due to small mishaps.

Jedi_riches
01.21.2015 , 08:34 AM | #5777
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
I have been playing the game for a while now and I have never completed a single op (mainly as I have never really been in a position to do them until the recent 12xp), it has actually gotten to the stage where I feel embarrassed when any guildies ask if anybody is up for ops groups and stay quiet, as I never know what gear requirements for them or the op themselves (yes I know there are websites like Dulfy to help but I always learn better by doing). My best character is in a mix of 178 blue gear and 186 purple gear and I still don't know what I should or should not be doing.

josephinec
01.21.2015 , 10:19 AM | #5778
I tried doing the Kuat Drive Yards with my merc yesterday, but my computer kept dragging and she[level 17] kept getting killed before she could heal the others. Everyone else was way above me level-wise(like in the 30s and above) and we had to deal with a level 50 boss. I got kicked out even though I kept trying to explain that my computer was dragging and she wasn't sprinting like she should have been even though she had the sprint ability on.

I have yet to meet any really funny people in a group yet, but when I did The Esseles with my scoundrel a couple days ago, our Jedi Sentinel made a comment about making sure he was compensated well for the completion of our mission. Adira was like, "Um, that's my line?"
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

EranofArcadia
01.21.2015 , 04:29 PM | #5779
Did a Kuat run to remind me how to play my Sin - was joined by a sniper whose gearing was . . . eclectic to say the least. Come to think of it the only gear piece he had that was Cunning was the earpiece, everything else was a mix of the other 3. Popped his screen before every fight, was often at melee range and out of cover.

He said he knew the starship puzzle, but messed it up - fortunately, that was just a mistake, not a "I will do it wrong on purpose for the XP from the droids which they TOTALLY give" which I have seen before - I did ask.
The Nera Legacy - BC

SkyLordJaden
01.21.2015 , 05:36 PM | #5780
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
I have been playing the game for a while now and I have never completed a single op (mainly as I have never really been in a position to do them until the recent 12xp), it has actually gotten to the stage where I feel embarrassed when any guildies ask if anybody is up for ops groups and stay quiet, as I never know what gear requirements for them or the op themselves (yes I know there are websites like Dulfy to help but I always learn better by doing). My best character is in a mix of 178 blue gear and 186 purple gear and I still don't know what I should or should not be doing.
If you want to start experiencing ops just for the experience, the old level 50 and 55 ops are good for you in your currentgear . Aside from that, get into a full set of 186 and your set for sm 60 ops but since theyre new be prepared to run into issues and wipe because everyone is still learning it, even if they know the tactics ;p