Limited Hooks...

What is your opinion about limited hooks in SH??? I discover it yesterday and i am very dissapointed about it.... I want perfect SH on Dromund Kaas, but i cant do it..... I dont want SH in Alderaan, i dont want SH in Yavin 4, i want one perfect SH on Dromund. I bought many beautiful decorations from Cartel Market and now i Cant use them, so wasted time with SH, so wasted kredits, so wasted Cartel coins.... I unninstal the game because i pay money for it and I even cant do good SH... Very, very dissapointing and sad...

It would probably help us get an idea of what you mean if you elaborated on what you mean by "Perfect SH"; what is your idea of the 'perfect stronghold', in what way are the hooks limited, and how does that prevent you from creating the stronghold you want...

It would probably help us get an idea of what you mean if you elaborated on what you mean by "Perfect SH"; what is your idea of the 'perfect stronghold', in what way are the hooks limited, and how does that prevent you from creating the stronghold you want...

In the Dromund Kaas is only available 350 hooks. I dont understand why only 350??? I have some plans for SH, what i like it but i need almost 700 hooks for complete it, why it must be only 350?? So many perfect decorations are made but for nothing, because i cant use them all in one SH.... some rooms are nearly empty because hoooks are limited, why?? I bought my own SH, i bought all room unlock but for what?? For half emty SH?? 350 hooks arent enough for good looking stronghold, i think that 100% is only for achiev and i can continue with decorating, but i cant, i dont expected it....

Sorry for my English.... I want in my SH: cantina, bedroom, flora room (with rancor, is really awesome), balcony with weapons and ship, stairway with trophies on the wall, throne, science room....All this with persons, lights, wall decorations.... I have really good plan how make my SH beautiful, but why i must choose between hooks?? Why they cant be unlimited?? 350 hooks is really shame for me and i will never create good SH with only 350 hooks...

I am detailist and i want for my character truly sith stronghold with good looking and i cant do it... I am really disapointed with this...

Edited by sithrenempire

Dunno. My Coruscant SH (exactly the same layout as DK, but less rain) feels hopelessly cluttered and busy at 350 used. (OK, I exploited that sensation of clutter, but it *was* a struggle to reach 350 even including the fifty Temple Chairs on the balcony.)

So why did I push it all the way to 350? Well, at the time I did it, the percent-complete mattered for the conquest bonus, so I had to use all the slots because there weren't enough strongholds to reach the bonus cap if you didn't.

I am going to disagree with you. You can make an awesome DK stronghold with 350 hooks. How do I know?

1. Because I made an awesome personal stronghold on DK and even made a throne room in the large room upstairs.

2.. I also made a guild stronghold for my guild on DK and again it is awesome.

Hm.

Considering that my DK Apartment has a Security Room, an arcane library, a throne room/Lord's Chamber, a business office, some outdoor slums, a cantina, and several backrooms for backroom dealings, I understand wanting an elaborate set-up. Personally, though, my problem is actually getting ahold of decorations that I like to fit my room themes so I don't have to fill the place up with 'basic' and 'metal' starter decos, so I have to say that I think 350 hooks works for me so far.

You listed out what you want, have you decided what rooms you want to be what ideas? Maybe moving some of them around might make the amount of available hooks work better. I know that I keep a master list of my own strongholds and what rooms have what themes so that I can plan out how I want them decorated and make any changes theoretically before I actually start moving anything in game and it makes things much easier.

If you need any ideas figuring out how to arrange decorations to get the effects you want, I also recommend taking a look at TOR-Decorating - tord.mmo-fashion.com - under Strongholds; Individual Strongholds; Kaas City Apartments and see how other people have decorated their apartments into cantinas, Sith Academies and so forth, maybe you'll see something you like that doesn't need as many hooks.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree, it definatly could be more hooks on DK. It would even be fine for me to buy it on cartelmarked. Like a token adding 50 slots for decoration to a stronghold. Imagine all the money they could make on that. Still it is possible to decorate nice small stronghold with the number they have now. One option is the one said earlier; to use just one stairway. It is many decoration that can seal off the doors without looking bad. Also think closely if every decoration in the room is needed to get it how you like.

Honestly the more Strongholds you decorate, the more you'll appreciate the hook limit. There's no need to fill every single slot in a stronghold.

That being said, if they were to offer expansions which included hook limits, I would be down for it.

What is your opinion about limited hooks in SH??? I discover it yesterday and i am very dissapointed about it.... I want perfect SH on Dromund Kaas, but i cant do it..... I dont want SH in Alderaan, i dont want SH in Yavin 4, i want one perfect SH on Dromund. I bought many beautiful decorations from Cartel Market and now i Cant use them, so wasted time with SH, so wasted kredits, so wasted Cartel coins.... I unninstal the game because i pay money for it and I even cant do good SH... Very, very dissapointing and sad...

When I first started decorating a stronghold (Coruscant) I wanted to place all the rare, hard to get, and/or good looking decos in it.

But after playing for a lot longer and buying Cartel Packs, etc., I have too many decorations to fit into any one stronghold, especially if I don't want it to look cluttered.

So these days, I just decorate my main SH (Tatooine) in the way I want, without worrying about placing any fancy decos just to use them.

So, if it applies to you, I would suggest you come up with a decorating plan that suits your taste, without trying to cram every hook with something. (Not that I'm suggesting that that is what you're doing. 🤔 )

Edited by JediQuaker

• 3 weeks later...
It would even be fine for me to buy it on cartelmarked. Like a token adding 50 slots for decoration to a stronghold. Imagine all the money they could make on that.

OHMYGOSH YES!!!!

I would *LOVE* to be able to increase the hook limit on some of my SHs and would also buy that with cartel coins or credits.

• 1 month later...

What they need to do is take a lesson from DCUO's hooks. Once you place a certain number of objects using the hooks, you prove that you aren't a complete moron and understand that you can't put something on the ceiling that belongs on the floor *POOF* you are given free place mode and hooks are meaningless.

I just wish I understood the logic they were using when they gave the Maanan SH such a ridiculous amount of place-able objects but no where near enough hooks to support it. As compared to the DK house with plenty of hooks but a low item place limit or the near optimal balance they have for the Nar Shaddaa cantina.

Do us all a favor and make the following changes so those of us who like decorating don't feel like we are paying for the privilege of being punished.

• Remove hooks, give us free placement.
  • Provide reasonable object limits based on the size of the SH
  • Give us a trade skill to craft items. No pre-fabs do not count.
  • Monetizing the decorations and limiting availability just confirms a lack of soul and a deep seated hatred for anyone on a budget.
  • Rethink the pre-fabs, the fact that it is cheaper to buy ones that another player made then make them yourselves should be a screaming issue that you done f*ed up.