Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom Stride after 5.9.3

LudhaninRolgge
10.02.2018 , 01:15 PM | #1
I know you tried to do something useful, but making PS respecting the GCD is not the right solution. It makes sin's rotation very clunky. So could you please at least make PS not respect the GCD again. Since you don't want to fix it correctly, that's the least you can do.

The best solution would be to make it an actual teleport instead of a dash, but I've stopped hoping for that.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

Christophecossef
10.02.2018 , 03:25 PM | #2
I agree rotation is super clunky now and its a straight dps nerf... kinda bullcrap if you ask me
Ice/Fire on the Progenitor server I'm a casual raider and pvp
I'm the helpful guy thats always there for new players
Referal link --> http://www.swtor.com/r/lPDTpz (gives rewards to you and me if you click)

LudhaninRolgge
10.02.2018 , 03:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Christophecossef View Post
I agree rotation is super clunky now and its a straight dps nerf... kinda bullcrap if you ask me
I'd be interested as to how much a nerf it is. I'm not good enough at math to find it by myself though.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

FlyXan
10.02.2018 , 03:41 PM | #4
It's even worse as a tank as there is a 1.75 second gap in the opener (1.5 second between Force Pull and Phantom Stride, 0.25 second after Phantom Stride), when you don't generate any threat at all. The 1.5 second between the two abilities is enough for some of the bosses to jump on the tank, who's most likely not in the optimal position.

I don't know what you wanted to fix with this change, as the patch description is incredibly vague but please change it back and find another way that doesn't include neither dps nor threat nerf.

Flowwou
10.02.2018 , 04:29 PM | #5
Yeah even in DPS it's a huge loss of dps because of all thoses gcd waiting to do something. moreover since the bug they tried to fix isn't present very often please make the phantoms stride like it was !!

ForfiniteStories
10.02.2018 , 08:23 PM | #6
All it is a small GCD nerf with the ability Phantom Stride or whatever it is called. It isn't going to make or break the game. That ability is only used to enclose the distance between you and a target, therefore it is used rather rarely. Whoever says that it is a DPS loss probably doesn't have good DPS to begin with since it's not even a part of their rotation, and therefore shouldn't even be used.

SithLordZach
10.02.2018 , 08:32 PM | #7
Holy crap is it awful.

I would seriously rather have a non-zero chance of flying into outer space and dying than have this. This cripples the tank opener. Who would ever think that this is a good idea?

Imagine how it'll be on something like NiM Writhing Horror where not building threat fast enough can cause serious problems.

CMoray
10.02.2018 , 08:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
All it is a small GCD nerf with the ability Phantom Stride or whatever it is called. It isn't going to make or break the game. That ability is only used to enclose the distance between you and a target, therefore it is used rather rarely. Whoever says that it is a DPS loss probably doesn't have good DPS to begin with since it's not even a part of their rotation, and therefore shouldn't even be used.
As Deception it builds 3 Stacks Static Charge.
Hatred gets proc for Eradicate.
Tank gets proc on Maul.
With Reapers Rushutility you get a proc for Assasinate

:-)
Aurinko

Kazz_Devlin
10.02.2018 , 08:56 PM | #9
Actually if you played sin you'd know it absolutely is part of the rotation using it to close on someone is 2ndary.

viernedeuxieme
10.02.2018 , 11:36 PM | #10
We get it, you don't play sins.