Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For PvE and, can I play my '12 infil after coming back to this neutered class? Valid?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
For PvE and, can I play my '12 infil after coming back to this neutered class? Valid?

Letsjet
07.11.2018 , 05:33 PM | #1
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

TalonVII
07.11.2018 , 06:30 PM | #2
Some clarification is needed here. What are you trying to ask?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

shyroman
07.15.2018 , 08:44 AM | #3
Both deception and hatred are viable for all pve content if thatís what youíre asking.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Dkrewe
07.19.2018 , 08:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
Both deception and hatred are viable for all pve content if thatís what youíre asking.
I know the OP asked about PVE, but could you also weigh in on PvP? Is Deception/Infiltration still viable in PvP?
YOGOWYPI

Kirtastropohe
07.24.2018 , 10:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dkrewe View Post
I know the OP asked about PVE, but could you also weigh in on PvP? Is Deception/Infiltration still viable in PvP?
Depends on what your definition of viable is and it depends on the situation. Your days of bursting someone down quickly are over unless your opponent is poorly geared or unskilled. Ranged is king now, so you will be hard pressed to stay alive in any group situation as you get targeted by a sniper in cover and mercs, both of which are tough with DCDs and mobility and the damage they put out. With our damage gimped, we are at more of a disadvantage against tanks, which will only get worse given the changes coming in 5.9.2 (absorb and shield being made useful in pvp). What this does to skanking remains to be seen. Will skank tanks get less prevalent, i'm not sure. healer/tank combos will sure be more trouble.

I've played a shadow since launch. Presently, I feel the class is average, but unfairly gimped given our melee status. I'm not elite player. I'm not average or bad. It's okay to use presently, but I feel we're at a disadvantage. I also think we will be hurt even more with 5.9.2 changes, given tanks will have increased survivability.

Rion_Starkiller
07.24.2018 , 12:40 PM | #6
There are a lot of deception/infiltration sins and shadows in pvp. Ofc it's viable.

Hatred though...
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Kazz_Devlin
08.05.2018 , 04:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirtastropohe View Post
Depends on what your definition of viable is and it depends on the situation. Your days of bursting someone down quickly are over unless your opponent is poorly geared or unskilled. Ranged is king now, so you will be hard pressed to stay alive in any group situation as you get targeted by a sniper in cover and mercs, both of which are tough with DCDs and mobility and the damage they put out. With our damage gimped, we are at more of a disadvantage against tanks, which will only get worse given the changes coming in 5.9.2 (absorb and shield being made useful in pvp). What this does to skanking remains to be seen. Will skank tanks get less prevalent, i'm not sure. healer/tank combos will sure be more trouble.

I've played a shadow since launch. Presently, I feel the class is average, but unfairly gimped given our melee status. I'm not elite player. I'm not average or bad. It's okay to use presently, but I feel we're at a disadvantage. I also think we will be hurt even more with 5.9.2 changes, given tanks will have increased survivability.
tend to agree though wondering how much of a dps loss if sins run with shield instead of focus

Letsjet
08.17.2018 , 08:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
tend to agree though wondering how much of a dps loss if sins run with shield instead of focus
Thanks man
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."