Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Indivu

No, but it makes the most sense considering the inquisitor story.

I went pureblood just cause it seemed like the thing to do.

For me pureblood makes the least sense since they are the least likely to be slaves, which the inquisitor used to be.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUMAN FEMALE will probally be canon

Answer inside

Your female master wants your body to continue her life, she could have picked any of the students but she was watching you specifically, doubtful she would have wanted to change genders or even species.

Your ancestor was once a sith lord and most likely a human.

Though he could have been sith or Rattakki, Sith were added way late just appease the players and was never meant to be an option and a Rattakki is most likly not going to have been a sith lord.

Edited by kirorx

Pureblood female maybe? It has been said that your ancestor was a sith lord

Kallig was a Sith Lord during the Old Sith Empire, specifically during Tulak Hord's reign. That era was dominated by Human,Near-Human,Sith and Hybrid Sith Lords. Using your reasoning, Pureblood OR Human would be the better answer.

Kallig was a Sith Lord during the Old Sith Empire, specifically during Tulak Hord's reign. That era was dominated by Human,Near-Human,Sith and Hybrid Sith Lords. Using your reasoning, Pureblood OR Human would be the better answer.

It is revealed in the sith inquisitor story that kallig is the same race as the SI if you get talos approval high enough he tells you this if you are alien. Talos says if you are an alien Kallig was a rare case amongst the sith since there weren't many aliens amongst them back them.

Now this is personal opinion the original dark jedi could of had some zabraks and twi'leks amongst them.

The only race that does not make sense is rattataki since they were pretty much just discovered in the old republic era.

Honestly the overall plot of the SI is not really that well written at all.

Edited by lokdron

It is revealed in the sith inquisitor story that kallig is the same race as the SI if you get talos approval high enough he tells you this if you are alien. Talos says if you are an alien Kallig was a rare case amongst the sith since there weren't many aliens amongst them back them.

Now this is personal opinion the original dark jedi could of had some zabraks and twi'leks amongst them.

The only race that does not make sense is rattataki since they were pretty much just discovered in the old republic era.

Honestly the overall plot of the SI is not really that well written at all.

Yeah, some of the planet quests are cool like Alderaan and Taris, but it failed as a Palpatine type character.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Honestly if you want a more darth sidious story roll sith warrior for some reason they have loads of options where they can deal with situations the darth vader way or the darth sidious way or hell a mix of both of them sometimes.

The SI chapter 1 was okay standard sith apprentice stuff do things for your master then it started to go down hill from alderaan. Also when I look at ashara my blood boils and now she is forever a ship decoration/crafting mule.

Ok i better stop before I derail the topic *ahem* there is no fitting race since the way the story is designed almost any race can be a SI apart from chiss. If they do decide to canonize events I have a feeling that the SI will most likely be a female.

Edited by lokdron

Aren't Twi'leks only able to have Children with other Twi'leks?

Also, here is something to consider about a Pureblood Inquisitor: they were a late addition to the game. Originally (aka a few months before launch), if you wanted to be a Pureblood you had to be a Sith Warrior. It was because all Purebloods are Force-Sensitive (those that aren't get killed as infants), and they are part of the Aristocracy. So the "Slave Discovered to be Force-Sensitive Narrative" Inquisitor backstory didn't fit with Pureblood's. It was only after a large fan outcry (on the Pre-Release SWTOR.com there were polls with thousands upon thousands of votes with around 75% of people in favor or Pureblood Inquisitors). And more importantly, a good number of Bioware Devs were in favor of allowing Pureblood Inquisitors. As a result, they were added a few months before release.

The problem with this, Read the Revan novel. There are Sith Pureblood that are treated as slaves. If a sith is disgraced, even a pureblood, their entire family is enslaved.

Twi'leks are the quintessential slave race in the galaxy. Forget Kallig. Supposedly Kallig is whatever race the player character is. Supposedly he can't be twi'lek because he doesn't have lekku. Nevermind that he wears a full helmet that would disable lekku anyway (gg bioware). Did they ever actually fix that? Do lekku just clip through all helmets now?

Either way you can use your imagination. If th twi'lek helmet bug/design is still in place Kallig's helmet would disable his lekku were he twi'lek. It doesn't matter, since he has a helmet anyway for compatibility with all player races and some derp just forgot about the twileks.

Sith pureblood doesn't make sense given the slave story; they are worshiped in Sith Society.

Developers added this option at the last minute because it was such a popular choice, but they were concerned it didn't fit with the story.

- Arcada

Sith pureblood doesn't make sense given the slave story; they are worshiped in Sith Society.

Developers added this option at the last minute because it was such a popular choice, but they were concerned it didn't fit with the story.

- Arcada

They are not worshipped. They are basically the upper class. If a Sith is disgraced, which does happen, his or her entire family is enslaved.

They are not worshipped. They are basically the upper class. If a Sith is disgraced, which does happen, his or her entire family is enslaved.

The reality is that the developers themselves were not going to include sith pure bloods as an (initially) playable option within the Sith Inquisitor class because it did not easily fit within the story line. They raised the concerns, not me. It is in one of the development videos.

I'm personally glad they did so people like you could come up with an interesting back story to make it work.

- Arcada

The reality is that the developers themselves were not going to include sith pure bloods as an (initially) playable option within the Sith Inquisitor class because it did not easily fit within the story line. They raised the concerns, not me. It is in one of the development videos.

I'm personally glad they did so people like you could come up with an interesting back story to make it work.

- Arcada

Sadly, I didn't make up this back story. It is canon. It is in the Revan novel.

Pureblood doesn't make sense in the Inquisitor storyline because:

a) The unknown "Force-sensitive slave" background

b) Ffon is given special treatment by Overseer Harkun because he is a Pureblood, so it wouldn't make sense if you were one too and given poor treatment

No, you were given poor treatment because you were a slave, even if you are pureblood. And there are certainly ways of slavery being thrust upon your family, should you be pureblood. The Lost Tribe of Sith books explain that a bit.

• 1 month later...
Not to dismiss all the Twi'lek arguments, but Wookiepedia mentions that the Clone Wars TV show (which is cannon) had humans breeding with Twi'lek. So it's feasible.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi'lek

Well you didn't read the Wookieepedia article carefully. The Clone Wars does not state that, it is some pointless "Encyclopaedia". I am not going to do another explanation so I will just give you links to two previous posts from this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5329542&postcount=24

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5330316&postcount=29

Edited by Path-x

Going strictly by the storyline/canon...any race except Pureblood, Twilek, and Chiss (maybe not the Rakkatti..by the sounds of it, but I didn't realize they were a newly discovered race).

I mean sure, we can work around anything, but that's basically what it is, a work around, and I don't recall seeing any Sith being really downgraded in TOR, but I'm gladed to be pointed in the direction of the story, I may have missed it on my SI and BH.

I personally can't take seriously my characters unless they are pureblood sith or human on both factions.So all my chars are either one of these races.Not to mention if Kallig is your ancestor you can't be a twi'lek or rattataki .Also these races' looks as they are presented in the game can't be an offspring of parents of different races(except human or/and sith pureblood).They look enough pure to assume that both of their parents and way back are also your race.You can't be a twi'lek and Kallig being your ancestor and look the way twi'leks look in the character selection.But enough about that.

My inquisitor is pureblood sith .Yes there is some controversy.I am not entirely sure but i think they were not going to be pureblood sith inquisitors in the beginning but later the developers caved in under fan's pressure.

Pureblood sith were suposed to be the privileged caste/race whatever in the Sith society or at least several decades before the events in the game. So its hard to belive a pureblood sith is a slave.

I suppose my inquisitor's grand grand parents or grand parents(or all the way back to Kallig) somehow were enslaved and stayed slaves despite one of the parents or both of them were pureblood sith.Thats how my inquisitor ends up in the academy as a slave.

So yea i guess sith pureblood inquisitor makes sense.

Also one of the coolest things in the game is pureblood sith assassin looking like Vindican in the ''Return'' cinematic.

Edited by Kaedusz

Lightsided Pureblood

Why?

The biggest disgrace to the Empire is a Sith family thats lightsided. This will turn the Empire on them and will most likely slaughter the adults. The kid(s) will be given away as slaves. When old enough they show The Force and are send to the Academy, perhaps after brainwashing or simply turning them.

Here they find out their heritage and who's to say they dont find out how they got enslaved?

I played my Sorc as a Pureblood and I enjoyed it very much. There are various ways on how a Pureblood lands into slavery and when they do they are treated as such. The Sith are very into castes after all

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking Human or Zabrak. Humans fit nicely into all story lines, so I will not discuss them.

As for Zabrak, outside the purely cosmetic choice in Seethe icon, I think it is not that inplausible, with some interspecies breeding, and lots of time passed, so plenty of your ancestors could be Human, and Zabrak are not that different from Humans.

However, I am wondering about the endgame story

You character assumes the position in Dark Council by killing Thanaton, however, in Annihilation novel (set after Ilum, so after Chapter 3), they seem to have extreme problem with letting alien sit on the council.

Is this somehow reflected in game, or do they just go something like "Ok, your are strong, join us"?

I am thinking Human or Zabrak. Humans fit nicely into all story lines, so I will not discuss them.

As for Zabrak, outside the purely cosmetic choice in Seethe icon, I think it is not that inplausible, with some interspecies breeding, and lots of time passed, so plenty of your ancestors could be Human, and Zabrak are not that different from Humans.

However, I am wondering about the endgame story

You character assumes the position in Dark Council by killing Thanaton, however, in Annihilation novel (set after Ilum, so after Chapter 3), they seem to have extreme problem with letting alien sit on the council.

Is this somehow reflected in game, or do they just go something like "Ok, your are strong, join us"?

More like rules are in place, and because of one Dark Council member trying to use those rules to kill you, you're placed on the seat. That doesn't mean the council wants you there. More of a grudging acceptance of it.