Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zenith or Nadia

SamuelAU
12.14.2012 , 01:39 AM | #11
My Zenith and Nadia are in almost identical gear, both with about 1630 main stat. I parsed each of their DPS and Nadia beat Zenith by about 100, but to be honest I prefer using Zenith,

It's good to be able to switch between both when you get sick of hearing them saying the same lines in combat over and over again.
Gomerik // Lumbridge
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

ruminate
12.14.2012 , 05:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
The primary reason for this was armour rating. Both their damage was roughly comparable, but Zenith has more armour and could thus take much more of a beating. Both companions have AoE stances which make dailies very quick.
While the conclusion that ranged DPS comps completely blow melee DPS comps out of the water is true, your reasoning is flawed.

Melee DPS comps in light armor have a hidden +30% armor modifier and an extra +5% defense. Their survivability is on par with each other.

This is the real reason:

Melee DPS have 2 single attacks, 2 aoe attacks, 1 attack that they only use as a closer, and 1 non-damaging snare.
6s single, 15s single, 18s aoe, 30s aoe.
Their DoT stance only has 4 skills in which it can activate on, and it isn't a 100% chance.
Their armor pen stance really only affects half their skills: their 6s skill and 30s skill.

Ranged DPS have 4 single attacks, 2 aoe attacks.
6s single, 6s single, 12s single, 15s single, 9s aoe(7s in aoe stance) aoe, 15s aoe(12s in aoe stance)

The kicker here is that all the skills for both comps have roughly the same damage coefficients depending on activation, channel times, and whether its single or aoe.

As you can tell by now, the real reason why ranged DPS comps > melee DPS comps is because melee DPS spend the majority of their time "auto-attacking".

Mirandel
03.10.2013 , 08:59 AM | #13
There is one more useful thing about Zenith: he is using same gear with same stats as Theran. Means, if you need a healer, all you have to do is take all the gear from Zenith and put it on Theran. Saves tons of money.

darkov
03.10.2013 , 11:09 AM | #14
Nadia, the aoes make a difference.

slafko
03.11.2013 , 02:51 AM | #15
As a Shadow tank, I've used Nadia on my dailies ever since I got her. Absolutely love her. Our aoe's work great and she also keeps my inventory cleaner by wearing my dps set.